Used 1999 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

99 I30 Ltd
By islandgrl64

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

2nd owner--previously a leased car. I have owned it over 1 year and mostly still enjoy the drive and handling.

Favorite Features

Classy and comfortable interior; nice bose system; love the woodgrain look plus all the std power features it offers for the $$$. Quick pick up.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage would be nice. Also freeway ride a bit noisy from wind -- could be body design?

99 Limited very fun
By LawrenceL715

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought this for $10500 out the door and can easily say this is an excellent deal. It has high mileage at 81000, but the engine and tranny are both very smooth. My brother has an 03 Maxima SE, and I find both cars very similar. I like my interior a lot better of course, but mine is obviously slower. The pro lem is is that both receive the same gas mileage, even though the Maxima has a bigger engine with more HP. Overall, I love this car, and think it's one of the best investments I've ever made.

Favorite Features

Stock bose system. High quality leather interior. Extremely smooth ride. Very cheap resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, exterior design.

Great car for the money
By Donnell

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a 99 I30 and I love it, the car itslef is a head turner. Leather seats are comfortable, the speed and pick up is amazing. Bought it used with 36000 miles on it and a few items missing inside, but I went to the dealership and took out a small mortgage to replace them (just kidding), now the car is in mint like condition.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, Radio, automatic window opener, leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

cup holders tooooo small, should have heated seats standard, gas mileage sucks. I love this car.....

Love at first sight
By granny

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

The car has a solid and comfortable ride. Handling is very responsive. It's a nice marriage of the two. Fuel economy has been disappointing. Lots of nice extra's such as heated seats, auto adjusting rear view mirrors, versatile heat & air controls. Not as much thought went into the design of the interior ie small glove box & small storage container in arm rest as well as small openings for beverages. Rear seats are comfortable & roomy but trunk space was greatly sacrificed. Overall, this is one fun car!

Favorite Features

Dual sunroof, zippy ride, overall handling.

Suggested Improvements

Visor for side & front. Roomier trunk and storage area in driver arm rest. Better cup holders. But I'd probably give all these up for an automatic car starter.

Best Bet for the Money
By wsoxman

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Any cars made by Nissan are great for the money. Infiniti I30 compaired to a Lexis E 300 is more car for the money. Lexis...YOU PAY FOR THE NAME The engines have more power in Altma,Maxima, and Infiniti. This is my 2nd I30, I have a 1999 Limited. I also had a 95 Maxima and a 97 Altima. These cars will out last any USA car. ANd the look better too.

Favorite Features

The level of comfort and handling. The exterior design is classic.

Suggested Improvements

They made all the improvements over the past 4 years. Why someone would buy a Lexus over the I30 or I35 I don't know.