Used 1999 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

I30 review
By vonstl

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Backseat cup holders would be a plus. Back seat headrest obstruct view however, they are removeable. LImited leg room for larger people.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Large people would not think this car is comfortable.

Get up and go go
By cclegg

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

The ride is smooth, car has some suprisingly serious get up and go, and the interior is very comfortable. The only downside is body style changed in 2000 and became more stylish. Mechanically this car is every bit as reliable as a Honda Accord, but in my opinion looks better and drives more comfortably.

Favorite Features

Power seats are the easiest to adjust of any I have tried.

Suggested Improvements

Control the radio from the steering wheel.

This is one great ride
By lennygw

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I had been looking for my next used car from my usual list - honda, toyota, subaru, etc. when I spied a '96 I30 on the lot. I had never owned a Nissan product, but really liked it's lines, so I took it for a ride. It was love at first ride. I ended up buying a '99 Touring and really love it. It has 114,000 miles but drives like new. The drivetrain is quiet and smooth, yet packs some real get-up-and-go power. In the 3,000 miles I've logged, the oil level has not dropped so much as a hair. Mileage is consistently 22 MPG using regular gas and 70% backroads, 30% highway. I'm not a rich man, but feel like one when I'm driving it. The nicest car I've owned.

Favorite Features

Self-dimming rear view mirror, alloy rims, smooth ride, heated seats, climate control, reliability, Bose sound system, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

No real complaints, but if I had to be picky, a holder for sunglasses would be nice, a compass, and a larger cup holder.

2nd time buyer
By StevL

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I have now owned two I30's and neither one has had any problem at all. The first had 95,000 miles when I traded it and this one has 115,000 and is going to be traded soon. What will I buy? I have already decided.. a G35 :) I'm an Inifiniti customer until they let me down.

Favorite Features

Realiability!

Suggested Improvements

I'll always ask for more fuel economy ;)

I30
By buford

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought my infinity lexus I300 and the toyota avalon and have been very happy except I wish it set up a little higher. I had a van before. Had heard nothing but praise about the 3 liter engine and it is great. I had to replace the starter at 75,000 miles but thats been all. It also gets great gas mileage 20-22 around town and 28- 32 on the highway. Don't see how anyone could ask for much better. I also use reg except around every 5 th tank I use premium.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, great sound system easy to change oil and plugs. A rarity these days.

Suggested Improvements

Improve seat hieght which has been done on newer models.