Used 1999 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Shannan

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Loved my Infiniti I-30 Touring Model. Super comfortable, elegant, reliable, should have never traded it in!! I am still mourning that decision. Great interior, very luxurious. Bought w/117K miles and could still be running if I didn't trade it in.

Everything!

Best Value on the Road
By 140000 and more

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Owned for 5 years and 140K. I have replaced an alternator only. Now have 200k. Mileage is 25-27 with mostly hwy and some city. Reliability has been excellent. I drove a similar maxima 1996 until 248K when I was rear ended. This car is unbelievable for quality cost, mileage, comfort and reliability. I paid 9,200 in 2003 for this car with 62k. I plan on driving it until 300k. I should reach it in 3 years. I don't understand people's comments on this site. I love my wife's vehicle (Toyota Sienna), but I have replaced a couple of sensors, timing belts and etc. On this car, I have never replaced CV, (There is not belt), catalytic, A/C, or Trans. This car has a less than 5 cents/mile cost.

Engine, stereo.

Rotors could have been heavier.

My dream car
By The beauty of cars

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

This is my first car so obviously I like it, but when I saw this car it was a bit different. I was immediately in love. It drives like a sports car yet is as comfortable like a luxury car. The sound system is unbelievable for a stock system. The sunroof is a good touch.

The sound system, sunroof, pick-up, and the heated seats.

Bigger and more cupholders... other than that its the perfect car.

My first luxury car
By JSWIFT

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I was in the market for a new car ever since my dodge neon went into early retirement after 5 years of service. I was originally considering a lexus GS 300, Lexus ES 300, or an Acura 3.5 RL. But then I saw this black 1999 I30 on the lot of a local used car lot and was impressed by it. I quickly purchased it and I am glad I did. Its 190 hp v6 feels as powerful as the 227 hp v6 in the newer I30s. The gauges and interior are similar to the newer I30s. Even with rising fuel costs this car can take about $45.00 worth of gas. The Bose stereo is okay but lacking compared to the newer Maximas and I30s. Overall a great value for a low mileage car under $10,000

The v6 engine, the gauges, the newer style tailights, leather interior, heated seats, digital climate control, sunroof, fuel economy, power locks, windows etc. It has a timing chain instead of a timing belt which you find in a lot of cars these days.

The Bose stereo needs more bass like the newer Bose stereos found in todays luxury cars. Other than that I cannot find that many flaws with the I30.

Great Car
By Ray

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car 8 times from BC to California return and I can't think of one thing that I didn't like about the car. When driving from Seattle south, I thought the gas gauge was broken when it indicated a 1/4 tank remaining after I had driven 400 miles. Obviously I was happy with the fuel economy. The car provides more than adequate power to merge into freeway traffic and quickly pass on single lane highways. The car came with a great warranty but I never got to use it - nothing needed repairs. I even still have the original battery!

Automatic windows to vent the car before entering on a hot day, sound system, very comfortable and heated seats, climate control, good leather and traction control for those icy roads.

A compass would have been nice.