Used 1999 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Bought used 1999 I30-T
By Neon Noodle

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Just got it last week,very nice full loaded car ,good ride,good power and handling,great interior,except the Bose Stereo is not that good at all,they should stick to home theater systems.Would not buy it new,too much money at $30-$35K,got mine for $17,500 with 24,000 miles on it and minus a few scratches its in brand new condition.

Favorite Features

Luxury appointments,feel and power of the car and ride,(yes its my first kinda luxury car)Infiniti's (Nissan) reliability and high customer service.Also the sunroof which I have to wait till spring to use.

Suggested Improvements

Well this is a 1999 so some of the things may have been fixed,but the Bose stereo isn't the greatest.More power (can never have too much)which has been addressed in the 2003 modeles.

nice car
By be careful

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

my family has been driving this car for about 2 years now (35000 miles) and we have not experienced a single mechanical or cosmetic problem. Great commuter car (25mpg) with heated seats, temperature control and bose stereo. I consider this a luxury car for midgets, anyone over about 5ft 10in has very limited space to move. interior materials are much nicer than a GTP and the i30 costs alot less than the 325i. I have never regretted myself buying the i30. However I still find myself dreaming of driving a convertible with the top down on a curvy road just as the sun is setting after a beautiful day. that i would trade my i30 for.

Favorite Features

bose stereo, climate control, acceleration, and the heated seats do wonders on an aching back.

Suggested Improvements

more hip and legroom. the driver and front passenger have little to no room to move their feet. also vents in the rear passenger area would maybe stop some whinning, with leather seats it seems to take for ever for the passenger back their to cool off. the back seat passengers for ever to cool off

Love at first sight
By granny

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

The car has a solid and comfortable ride. Handling is very responsive. It's a nice marriage of the two. Fuel economy has been disappointing. Lots of nice extra's such as heated seats, auto adjusting rear view mirrors, versatile heat & air controls. Not as much thought went into the design of the interior ie small glove box & small storage container in arm rest as well as small openings for beverages. Rear seats are comfortable & roomy but trunk space was greatly sacrificed. Overall, this is one fun car!

Favorite Features

Dual sunroof, zippy ride, overall handling.

Suggested Improvements

Visor for side & front. Roomier trunk and storage area in driver arm rest. Better cup holders. But I'd probably give all these up for an automatic car starter.

This is a great car!!!
By lovin'it

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used in 2004 at 88,000 miles and it now has 174,000 miles 6 years later. This car has been amazing! I nicknamed it the "marshmallow" because it is so comfortable. The maintenance has been quite low $$ wise and reliability amazing! I replaced the original battery last year...10 years later...It still runs so soft and comfortable and performances best at 70 mph. Super comfortable and fun to drive!

Favorite Features

heated seats, auto window roll down, sunroof, cushy seats, ski hole (or pass through from trunk to back seats for skis), bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

trunk design is terrible. if it snows or rains the water/snow drops right into your stuff in the trunk. Leather seats get very hot in the sun... you have to remember to put towels or blankets on them.

Just a nice reliable Nissan with Infiniti badge
By celticstallion

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used with 53,000 miles. I now have 75,000 miles after 1 year. It drives very well and its even better on the highway which is what I think it was made for. It has decent pickup as well. It has classy looks for the age of it and for the price you pay for one its much better than a newer domestic car in my opinion. Interior is decent but comfortable. It has been very reliable and I don't for see any problems in the near future. For the bad, The check engine light came on after a month and this is from the Mass air flow sensor. This causes the car to lag in acceleration after starting it up when cold, but if you let it run for a minute it does not cause any problems.