Used 1999 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Just a nice reliable Nissan with Infiniti badge
By celticstallion

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used with 53,000 miles. I now have 75,000 miles after 1 year. It drives very well and its even better on the highway which is what I think it was made for. It has decent pickup as well. It has classy looks for the age of it and for the price you pay for one its much better than a newer domestic car in my opinion. Interior is decent but comfortable. It has been very reliable and I don't for see any problems in the near future. For the bad, The check engine light came on after a month and this is from the Mass air flow sensor. This causes the car to lag in acceleration after starting it up when cold, but if you let it run for a minute it does not cause any problems.

This is a great car!!!
By lovin'it

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used in 2004 at 88,000 miles and it now has 174,000 miles 6 years later. This car has been amazing! I nicknamed it the "marshmallow" because it is so comfortable. The maintenance has been quite low $$ wise and reliability amazing! I replaced the original battery last year...10 years later...It still runs so soft and comfortable and performances best at 70 mph. Super comfortable and fun to drive!

Favorite Features

heated seats, auto window roll down, sunroof, cushy seats, ski hole (or pass through from trunk to back seats for skis), bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

trunk design is terrible. if it snows or rains the water/snow drops right into your stuff in the trunk. Leather seats get very hot in the sun... you have to remember to put towels or blankets on them.

Family work horse
By mmorrell

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought our I30 as a second family car 3 years ago to get us back and forth from Boston and Florida to visit family. It had 87,000 miles when we bought it and it now has over 150,000. We have spent $0 on maintenance other than the normal oil changes/tires and breaks ect. Liked it so much we went out and bought a G35.

Favorite Features

comfort,low cost of ownership, reliability

Suggested Improvements

I agree with the comment on the bose system but for a small price you can change it out for a new model

The Best Value
By DesmoInfiniti

1999 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a my daily driver w/121K miles on it. I put around 15K miles in a year and half. The car drives quiet and smooth. There are all kinds of luxury options that are standard in this car. Everyday I find some new cool feature about this. If you're in the used car market, this is the car. The package you get for the avg. sale price on this car is incredible.

Favorite Features

All the luxury options, but esp. BOSE Audio, heated and power seats, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Styling. I guess the G35 took care of that.

Best investment
By sing

1999 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This car is as good as they say, no mechanical problems even at 150k. I'm a big guy and the seats do me well. I am comfortable and my back is good even on long trips. This car has it all would buy another in a second.

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

perfect