1998 Infiniti I30 Consumer Review: Not reliable

1998 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Review

1998 Infiniti I30

Base Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Not reliable
By llola on

1998 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 5 years ago and have had nothing but problems. I bought it with about 110,000 miles on it and thought it was a great car after doing some research.
The stereo is broken and the volume nob is worthless.
The starter was replaced after it wouldn't start. The battery was then replaced after it wouldn't start again. I had to replace the alternator.
All within the course of five years. The ABS (airbag) light started to blink a couple years ago and I can't figure out what the problem is.
Recently it won't start. I had it checked by a mechanic & he searched the whole car and can't find the problem. Unreliable car! Too expensive!

My family has had three infinitis in the past and all three have been "lemons." One was brand new at purchase and had nothing but problems from the start. The next one was 2 years old straight off of the lease return it was certified and had nothing but problems. The one I bought was 7 years old and it has been a problem ever since I got it. I can't wait to get rid of it!

make it reliable!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mb5555
on 10/03/11 17:09 PM (PDT)

So let me get this straight, 5 years ago you bought a car that was 9 years old with 110,000 miles on it and you think it's a lemon because in the past 5 years you had to put a new battery, starter and alternator in the car................ As you can see from the other reviews these cars if will run a long time, mine is a 97 with 150K miles and the only major thing I replaced was the starter ( alternator was recalled in 1999). You may be the only person alive with 3 bad Inifinit's