Used 1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Great Car!
By spider

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this off lease and drove it for 3 years before giving it to my daughter -- who wanted it from the time I brought it home. It is a GREAT car. Bought another (2000) and the 97 actually rides better. Wish Infiniti had not dropped this car because it is a fantastic bargain and, aside from minor problems at 100k miles, inexpensive to maintain. Daughter's boyfriend wants to buy now that he's graduated from college.

The ride is tremendous. Flows over the bumps like they aren't there.

Too late for those.

I love my Infiniti
By murraymurphy

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my car in May '05 with 50k miles on it. I have become a Japanese car convert. This car has been almost bulletproof. I now have 140k miles on it. I had to replace the alternator a couple of years ago, but that's the only mechanical defect. Otherwise it still runs like new. If this was a Buick or Oldsmobile it would be on the junk heap by now.

Ability to accelerate at high rpm. Excellent handling. Reliability is outstanding.

Exterior/interior styling.

strong vehicle
By G Stig

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Great riding and handling car. Keeping this car and trading in a 2002 car from another manufacturer.

The Best Used Luxury Car
By dcinfinitiI30

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my I30 with 72k and just over a year later I have 106k. With a day- to-day driving and vacations this car is a true work horse. I have had two issues with the car was an emissions issue I had while registering the car in DC that set me back $900, and I had to replace the blower motor. Since the car was an Arizona car that doesn't surprise me too much. For a luxury sedan it gets respectable MPG, and on a cross country trip I got 30 MPG out of a few tanks. I also have a 3 year old girl and with a roomy back seat it's easy to get her in and out.

The gas pedal, the Bose Stereo it's great to bring out a DVD player and watch movies in the car (my favorite is Star Wars), the faux wood finish, the rear view mirror, power sunroof, and the alloy wheels.

Outside temp gauge, digital compass, analog clock, and less expensive parts.

Great Car
By stub

I bought this car in May 2003 with
101,000 mile on it. The engine and
transmission have been flawless. This
car is quiet and takes the harshness
out of bumps in the road. It is also
much faster than I expected in a 3.0L
V6 with high mileage. I had a $600
emissions problem shortly after buying
the car, but have had NO problems
since. Small price to pay given how
affordable this car was to buy.

The Bose stereo is incredible! I keep hearing new things in albums I've been listening to for years. The breaks are very strong. Anyone I've ever lent it comments on how they almost flew through the windshield the first time they hit them.

The styling is bland. Newer I30s and I35s are a bit better looking. I'm sure they've added the analog clock and better cupholders since 1997 as well.