Used 1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

I love my Infiniti
By murraymurphy

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my car in May '05 with 50k miles on it. I have become a Japanese car convert. This car has been almost bulletproof. I now have 140k miles on it. I had to replace the alternator a couple of years ago, but that's the only mechanical defect. Otherwise it still runs like new. If this was a Buick or Oldsmobile it would be on the junk heap by now.

Ability to accelerate at high rpm. Excellent handling. Reliability is outstanding.

Exterior/interior styling.

strong vehicle
By G Stig

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Great riding and handling car. Keeping this car and trading in a 2002 car from another manufacturer.

The Best Used Luxury Car
By dcinfinitiI30

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my I30 with 72k and just over a year later I have 106k. With a day- to-day driving and vacations this car is a true work horse. I have had two issues with the car was an emissions issue I had while registering the car in DC that set me back $900, and I had to replace the blower motor. Since the car was an Arizona car that doesn't surprise me too much. For a luxury sedan it gets respectable MPG, and on a cross country trip I got 30 MPG out of a few tanks. I also have a 3 year old girl and with a roomy back seat it's easy to get her in and out.

The gas pedal, the Bose Stereo it's great to bring out a DVD player and watch movies in the car (my favorite is Star Wars), the faux wood finish, the rear view mirror, power sunroof, and the alloy wheels.

Outside temp gauge, digital compass, analog clock, and less expensive parts.

Great Car
By stub

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in May 2003 with 101,000 mile on it. The engine and transmission have been flawless. This car is quiet and takes the harshness out of bumps in the road. It is also much faster than I expected in a 3.0L V6 with high mileage. I had a $600 emissions problem shortly after buying the car, but have had NO problems since. Small price to pay given how affordable this car was to buy.

The Bose stereo is incredible! I keep hearing new things in albums I've been listening to for years. The breaks are very strong. Anyone I've ever lent it comments on how they almost flew through the windshield the first time they hit them.

The styling is bland. Newer I30s and I35s are a bit better looking. I'm sure they've added the analog clock and better cupholders since 1997 as well.

NICE CAR, FUN TO DRIVE
By May0106

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

We love the car at the first sight. It is a good deal with so many luxury features at a relatively low price. The driving experience is wonderful. The speakers are great. This is our first time owning a Inifiniti car. We are looking to buying another one in the future.

Boss stereo system. Nice design. Nice engine and good riding experience