1997 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Very Solid Car
By jaredbeeks on 07/08/12 23:50 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

-great bose sound system -very comfy leather seats -power seats for both driver and passenger seat, nice luxury touch -very good fuel economy, I get 24-25 with soley city driving because i"m a kid -although I dont drive like one, but i did one time, the only time my parents paid for a tank of gas, i got 19-20 mpg by beating on the car -it takes premium fuel, i dont put it in and still get stellar gas mileage, i dont recommend it though, you will get better gas mileage if you do put premium and is the engine is much happier, you can hear her hum more smoothly, better performance, ^^btw all of this info is in owners manual(when referring to the fuel type needed)

Amazing Longevity! V6 Automatic
By exit on 04/25/12 10:35 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought my '97 Infiniti I30 in 2000 with 30K miles on it. It is now 4/2012 and I'm at 363,000. In mid-atlantic (USA) weather. It has only needed regular maintenance. The largest repair bill I've ever had was just under $2K (ball joints-control arms). But that was well past the 250,000 mile mark. And they do eventually have to be replaced :-) It still runs great. And the leather seats are still very comfy, show very little wear and are quite supportive. It has been incredibly solid. Love this car! I think the fact that it has a timing chain instead of a belt really helped it's longevity. The V6 and transmission in this car are incredible!

STAY AWAY!!!!! TERRIBLE CAR!!!!!!!!
By beamer010191 on 10/21/11 13:15 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

this is the worst car i have ever owned. expensive to maintain just bad overall!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE STAY STAY STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!

Darn good car.
By Jim on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Car had 35,000 miles on it when we bought it. We have driven this to Fla. for the past few years and got 31 mpg. Great ride. With 135,000 miles on it we are concerned about that long ride again. Hate to part with it. Best car I ever owned. No major repairs. Great acceleration and great Bose system.

About to turn 200,000 and ready for more
By Dan on 05/30/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 7 years ago, and it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I am about to turn 200,000 miles and the only maintenance besides oil changes has been replacing struts and brakes. Runs like new and has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I have owned. I would like a newer car but I am not ready to give up my i30 yet.

Playing it Safe but good!
By InfinitiI30 on 09/13/09 13:39 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

The 1997 Infiniti I30 is for the person looking for a safe bet. The looks aren't aggressive and the maintenance is INEXPENSIVE. There isn't a timing belt to worry about snapping on you as in other fine Japanese cars. This runs on a timing chain. The spark plugs are EASY to replace VS other Japanese cars where you have to remove the top intake. The car's gas mileage isn't close to what Edmunds shows on the specs, it's a lot higher! Try 25 to 28 mpg! SMOOTH ride, like you're in a Lincoln. Powerful V6 to get you through traffic. Great car if taken care of.

Most reliable car I ever owned
By AlMazz on 09/13/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

The technical features of the V-6 engine brought me to test drive and I not only bought one but another Infiniti (I35) in 2002. These are great automobiles at very competitive prices. Have 107,000 miles and literally no engine work. Did have to replace the rear left brake caliper which was running hot.

1997 I30 Review
By silk on 05/22/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought my I30 in 2000 with 39K miles. I have 130K miles now. Normal maintenance except replaced the starter and altenator. Runs like new with no rattles and very little engine noise. Very good power and highway cruising. Light weight (3100 lbs) and great turning radius (34) for this size car. Paint holding up well looks new. Terrific Bose sound system. About 25 mpg. Fun to drive on short and long trips, starts every time. The only negative is having to use premium gas. I would like a newer car but I just cant trade in this wonderful automobile." Probably drive it another 100k.

Reliability at its best!
By Reliability on 11/18/07 07:38 AM (PST)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This is my second I30, last one was running fine at 140k. I now have 155k on my 97 I30, it runs as if it was new. Car is not as peppy as most people say, takes about 9-10 seconds to get to 60 mph. Handling is disappointingly spongey, stiffer suspension would be great. Since owning the car I have replaced the radiator, brakes, egr valve, knock sensor, the spark plugs and front struts. Engine and tranny still feel like new! If you are looking for a comfortable decent looking commuter car, than look no further!

Outstanding car to own.
By Bob R. on 11/02/07 13:43 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased the I30 off lease in February 2000 with approximately 28000 miles. It now has 134000 and is still, praise the lord, running well. So far only minor problems dealing with general upkeep. The car remains solid and fun to drive with no noticible rattles. We were going to trade it in recently when we purchased a new vehicle, however I couldn't bring myself to part with it! It's a great automobile.