Used 1997 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Very Solid Car
By jaredbeeks

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

-great bose sound system -very comfy leather seats -power seats for both driver and passenger seat, nice luxury touch -very good fuel economy, I get 24-25 with soley city driving because i"m a kid -although I dont drive like one, but i did one time, the only time my parents paid for a tank of gas, i got 19-20 mpg by beating on the car -it takes premium fuel, i dont put it in and still get stellar gas mileage, i dont recommend it though, you will get better gas mileage if you do put premium and is the engine is much happier, you can hear her hum more smoothly, better performance, ^^btw all of this info is in owners manual(when referring to the fuel type needed)

Favorite Features

-nice little wood pieces, adds luxury look -nice leather on the wheel, feels good to touch versus plastic -nice ride, better suspension than the next gen i35 and better than my moms acura tl for that matter, as far as handling road bumps not racing -handles great, smooth -generally good for reliability, only small problems arise and its been almost 170k miles so its expected

Suggested Improvements

-like everyone else who has said so before me, the cup holders suck haha, they are much too small, they do hold phones and ipods really well -wish it had a little more umph at the top, all the torque is at the bottom, the comparable lexus es300 has 10 more horsepower and acura tl same deal -wish it had rear a/c, most older cars dont, i was just lucky because my Cadillac did

Amazing Longevity! V6 Automatic
By exit

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought my '97 Infiniti I30 in 2000 with 30K miles on it. It is now 4/2012 and I'm at 363,000. In mid-atlantic (USA) weather. It has only needed regular maintenance. The largest repair bill I've ever had was just under $2K (ball joints-control arms). But that was well past the 250,000 mile mark. And they do eventually have to be replaced :-) It still runs great. And the leather seats are still very comfy, show very little wear and are quite supportive. It has been incredibly solid. Love this car! I think the fact that it has a timing chain instead of a belt really helped it's longevity. The V6 and transmission in this car are incredible!

Favorite Features

Reliability, reliability, reliability! Comfortable smooth ride, good cargo space for it's class. Super smooth V6 and transmission. Not BMW fast or tight. But just a great all around car. Sound system is really good. I'm a bit of an audiophile and make my living with my ears.

Suggested Improvements

The styling could've been a little less mundane. Center console arm rest has a cheap plastic retainer.

STAY AWAY!!!!! TERRIBLE CAR!!!!!!!!
By beamer010191

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

this is the worst car i have ever owned. expensive to maintain just bad overall!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE STAY STAY STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn good car.
By Jim

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Car had 35,000 miles on it when we bought it. We have driven this to Fla. for the past few years and got 31 mpg. Great ride. With 135,000 miles on it we are concerned about that long ride again. Hate to part with it. Best car I ever owned. No major repairs. Great acceleration and great Bose system.

About to turn 200,000 and ready for more
By Dan

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 7 years ago, and it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I am about to turn 200,000 miles and the only maintenance besides oil changes has been replacing struts and brakes. Runs like new and has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I have owned. I would like a newer car but I am not ready to give up my i30 yet.

Favorite Features

smooth ride, reliability

Suggested Improvements

better drink holders