Used 1997 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Very Solid Car
By jaredbeeks

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

-great bose sound system -very comfy leather seats -power seats for both driver and passenger seat, nice luxury touch -very good fuel economy, I get 24-25 with soley city driving because i"m a kid -although I dont drive like one, but i did one time, the only time my parents paid for a tank of gas, i got 19-20 mpg by beating on the car -it takes premium fuel, i dont put it in and still get stellar gas mileage, i dont recommend it though, you will get better gas mileage if you do put premium and is the engine is much happier, you can hear her hum more smoothly, better performance, ^^btw all of this info is in owners manual(when referring to the fuel type needed)

Favorite Features

-nice little wood pieces, adds luxury look -nice leather on the wheel, feels good to touch versus plastic -nice ride, better suspension than the next gen i35 and better than my moms acura tl for that matter, as far as handling road bumps not racing -handles great, smooth -generally good for reliability, only small problems arise and its been almost 170k miles so its expected

Suggested Improvements

-like everyone else who has said so before me, the cup holders suck haha, they are much too small, they do hold phones and ipods really well -wish it had a little more umph at the top, all the torque is at the bottom, the comparable lexus es300 has 10 more horsepower and acura tl same deal -wish it had rear a/c, most older cars dont, i was just lucky because my Cadillac did

STAY AWAY!!!!! TERRIBLE CAR!!!!!!!!
By beamer010191

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

this is the worst car i have ever owned. expensive to maintain just bad overall!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE STAY STAY STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Car
By stub

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in May 2003 with 101,000 mile on it. The engine and transmission have been flawless. This car is quiet and takes the harshness out of bumps in the road. It is also much faster than I expected in a 3.0L V6 with high mileage. I had a $600 emissions problem shortly after buying the car, but have had NO problems since. Small price to pay given how affordable this car was to buy.

Favorite Features

The Bose stereo is incredible! I keep hearing new things in albums I've been listening to for years. The breaks are very strong. Anyone I've ever lent it comments on how they almost flew through the windshield the first time they hit them.

Suggested Improvements

The styling is bland. Newer I30s and I35s are a bit better looking. I'm sure they've added the analog clock and better cupholders since 1997 as well.

I love my Infiniti
By murraymurphy

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought my car in May '05 with 50k miles on it. I have become a Japanese car convert. This car has been almost bulletproof. I now have 140k miles on it. I had to replace the alternator a couple of years ago, but that's the only mechanical defect. Otherwise it still runs like new. If this was a Buick or Oldsmobile it would be on the junk heap by now.

Favorite Features

Ability to accelerate at high rpm. Excellent handling. Reliability is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior/interior styling.

Original Owner
By cltI30

1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought the car brand new in 1996. Few problems over the life of the car. Brakes squeak and can't find the cause. Paint has started to peel on the bumpers but it is 11 yrs old and not garaged. Rear door doesn't want to open sometimes with the keychain.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, roomy, good engine pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders too small.