1996 Infiniti I30 Consumer Review: Ten years old and nearly like

1996 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Review

Touring Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Ten years old and nearly like new.
By Tom on

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Ten years now, 100,000 miles, and NO breakdowns and it never left me stranded. Drivetrain still smooth & the rich torque of the V-6 engine very satisfying. Interior still sharp - no wear on leather. Design is uninspired but it holds its entry-level-luxury look with still excellent paint. Mechanically solid. No repairs to engine needed except the starter now "growls" when cold, and the idle regulator recently replaced. Fuel mileage 18-20 mpg around town, and 24-26 on the highway. Downside: Twice the sunroof has jammed and failed. Replaced under warranty first time - second time cost me $1200. Radio display now intermittant. I highly recommend this vehicle! Just watch the sunroof...

Smooth seamless engine and automatic transmission. Excellent Dealer Service - I still get a free loaner car for service after 100,000 miles and ten years - often a brand new Infiniti. This car is built to last and has had no breakdowns or excessive maintenance needs. BOSE stereo excellent!

Except for the sunroof issues, none. It was built right from the beginning.