Great Car Going for 350k miles
By i30Pod People on
1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan
Great car and very reliable. I've just passed 208,000 miles and plan on keeping this car for at least another 100k to 150k miles. Maintanence has been limited to consumbables except for the struts that I just replaced at 180k and the radiator at 190k. Brakes have lasted around 50k miles between changes. I've had everything done by an Infiniti dealer, while it may be a little more I feel that they have done a great job. Use of a loaner car for any work over 2 hrs is great. I had a transmission leak that took several days to track down. It was due to a bad seal that should have been replaced during previous service. This was fixed at no charge. The loaner car was mine for 6 days.
Favorite Features
The ride is solid and a blast. I usually find myself having to slow down on the highway as I'm going 90. The Bose system was nice sounding.
Suggested Improvements
There are just a couple of issues for me First is with internal noise, I wish it was a little better insulated. Going with Toyo tires has reduced some of the noise. Placement of the seat switches is kind of difficult. The cost to fix the Bose head unit is a pill. Switched to Alpine.