1996 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
i30
By infinitijw on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

i think the cars great. its a strong car, reliable, and a great value. i really like how elegant it looks from the inside, it looks a lot more expensive than it was. my climate control went crazy on me a while back and i had to pay a ton of money to fix it, but for a car with over a 100000 miles its the only problem i've had

fun for kids too
By Jamesj on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost a year now, and i have gone all over california in it with out any problems. i commute to school everyday, and all i do is put gas in it. i change the oil regularly and that seems like the only thing i've done to it. it's a wonderful car, even for an 18 year old.

Infinity 1996 I30
By Rocket Man on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent car with one only trip to the dealer for a heat sensor replacement ($192)in 40,000 miles. The gas milage is an excellent 26+ mpg and the comfort is exceptional. It is the we drive to go anywhere. The I30 is a great road trip car, you can drive 650 miles and still feel refreshed. The brakes are super and it is very quite. Also the Bose 200 watt systems rocks! I picked this car up used so much of the depreciation was already taken out.

Solid and Reliable
By blackhawk2 on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96' I30T used with 47k miles on it, now it just broke 65k and still running as strong as it did when I first bought it. It's a strong, solid car and I'm planning on keeping it till it dies. I still like the exterior styling better than the new ones, it still looks sharp. No major maintenance costs as I do mostly on my own. Acceleration is very brisk and power is always available, ride is quiet yet stiff because of the Touring trim...but that's the way I like it. Plenty of upgraded/aftermarket parts for this car as well, especially for new headlamps (got tired of the frosted looking ones), but overall, awesome car!

Still Turning Heads...after 6 years
By Happy Longtime Owner on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

If you want a car that just makes you smile at the mear thought of taking it for a drive...this is it! After 6 years of ownership, the beautiful lines of the car and the smooth response of the engine are a joy to experience. I drive a 1996 5 speed manual I30 (which are no longer available). The amount of torque is incredible...the responsiveness of the throttle and engine are smooth as silk. This alone saves anxious moments when trying to merge onto freeways and scooting out of the way of tractor trailer trucks. Six years...and still counting!

Awesome Car
By KS on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Awesome Car!!! Great fun for driving. During an unfortunate headon accident, Infinity proved itself in a real-life crash test. It saved my wife's life!!

LOVE TO DRIVE
By Paccigar on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

THis has been the best car I have had. I am going to get a 2003 I35.

Goooood Car
By D Daise on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I've had my I 30 for 2 year now, it been a great ride and continues to zoom along even after 130k miles. The only thing I've had a little trouble with is the Brakes but that may be dure to the idiots that I allowed to do the work. I would recommend one to anyone.

Continued pleasure
By GeoBuck on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

As I just turned the corner on 6 years of ownership, the desire for a "newer" car has been wanting. But I ask myself "why" each time I get behind the wheel of my I30T. The engine is smooth as silk with enough power to satisfy my agressive foot. As I've taken good care of the car I still find it attractive. As this is my first Infiniti, I commend them for creating a car that I'm having trouble parting with even as my desires look elsewhere.

Can't Go Wrong
By Helen on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

This car continues to turn heads, even though it's now a 6-year old model. It has a classy, timeless look that won't fade with the next new "thing" out of Detroit. I bought it used, fell in love with it immediately, and my affection hasn't waned over the past year. The price of a new Hyundai or other econobox was comparable to what I paid for this car--a no brainer, in my opinion.