Used 1996 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

1996 Infiniti I30

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Awesome car or lucky purchase?
By John

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed this vehicle since I bought it in 1999 with 32,000 miles on it. Roomy and comfortable interior. Quiet ride. Bose stereo still sounds great. I just hit 120,000 miles and everything works as well as when I bought it and the paint and finish is still clean. Regular maintenance and tune-ups at the Intfiniti dealer, which is expensive. One problem that happened two years ago; the stereo stopped working. It just went dead and I had to replace it. Had to do replace it three times. Only paid once because the replacements all failed within the twelve month warranty. That is the only problem; cost was $450.00 for the replacement radio. Answer? Awesome car (knock on wood)!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, sound system, leather, automatic light sensor on the rear view mirror, alarm system and touring suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Style. It looks kinda vanilla without the spoiler.

Infiniti I30
By shel

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This has been a virtually trouble free car for the five years we've owned it, only one large item to fix, a bearing in the AC. We find it a pleasure to drive, with all the little luxuries we could wish for.

Favorite Features

handling, traction, power seats, climate control, moon roof,

Suggested Improvements

better quality carpet, drink holders, stereo controls on steering wheel, better clasp on central storage box between seats

Won't Die!
By Shane in Shreveport

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought my I30 used with 39,000 miles on it (4) years ago. Now it has over 194,000 miles on it, still going strong. I commute to work 140 miles roundtrip a day and it has not let me down yet. Needless to say it is a very reliable car. I want a new G35 Coupe but this car will not die. I have to keep it as long as it keeps going. It still looks good and runs great, especially for a (9) year old car.

Favorite Features

Can't beat the quality and performance of this car even after (9) years.

Suggested Improvements

Larger wheels and tires. CD player went out on Bose System. Aftermarket stereo requires adapter to drive Bose speakers.

Awesome Car
By CCH

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever owned. After 108,000 miles, I've only had to do routine maintenance, replace a starter and an oxygen sensor. I'm ready to buy a new I35, but am having trouble letting go!!! I've got several friends who want to purchase my car when I decide to sell. It still looks like a much newer car than most 1996 models on the road.

Favorite Features

Bose system, sun/moon roof, power seats.

Suggested Improvements

More and larger cup holders.

Sensor problems
By I30

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I love this car, but I have have had a really bad time trying to fix all the sensors that have gone bad. That said, everything else works great. My Bose stereo still sounds better than many other car steroes i've listened to, most surprisingly from newer luxury cars which have Bose!

Favorite Features

Bose Stereo, supportive seats, reliable quality leather, 190hp

Suggested Improvements

Sensors, styling, and various other electrical problems i've had over the years