Used 1996 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Diamond in the ruff
By Big Shel

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 3/02 with 95k miles and it is a great car. I have a 5 speed manual and enjoy every drive I take in this vehicle. This is a smooth driving and reliable car. No problems whatsoever with this car and with proper maintence this car still runs as good as new. I have changed out the clutch in mine and the rear suspension because on was leaking but everything else is quiet as ever. Great purchase and well worth the money.

Sport mixed with luxury.

More power.

Great Car Going for 350k miles
By i30Pod People

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Great car and very reliable. I've just passed 208,000 miles and plan on keeping this car for at least another 100k to 150k miles. Maintanence has been limited to consumbables except for the struts that I just replaced at 180k and the radiator at 190k. Brakes have lasted around 50k miles between changes. I've had everything done by an Infiniti dealer, while it may be a little more I feel that they have done a great job. Use of a loaner car for any work over 2 hrs is great. I had a transmission leak that took several days to track down. It was due to a bad seal that should have been replaced during previous service. This was fixed at no charge. The loaner car was mine for 6 days.

The ride is solid and a blast. I usually find myself having to slow down on the highway as I'm going 90. The Bose system was nice sounding.

There are just a couple of issues for me First is with internal noise, I wish it was a little better insulated. Going with Toyo tires has reduced some of the noise. Placement of the seat switches is kind of difficult. The cost to fix the Bose head unit is a pill. Switched to Alpine.

1996 I30t
By Steve

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car. It is reliable, fun to drive and gets 30 miles to the gallon on the highway. I have a rare, manual transmission, which gives the car a sportier appeal. There are also many after market parts to improve the performance. Infiniti has provided the best service of any car I have owned, with loaner cars, car pickup for service and a great, friendly staff.

This has been the most dependable car I have ever owned.

Reliable luxury, roomy, and fun.
By Randall

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have had two '96 I-30t's. Got the first one with 45k miles on it. Five speed transmission. I drove that one to 132k miles. At one point, a transaxle pulled out of the transmission with no warning. No other problems other than a knock sensor replacement and the speedo stopped working because of something in the transmission. First car was totaled (but the car kept me safe, accident not my fault). I found another black '96 five speed 500 miles away, flew there to get it. That's how much I like this model. At 160k miles, new clutch and clutch cylinders, CD player kaput, plus the CV boots and transaxles had to be replaced. Giving this car to my daughter soon.

Five speed! Interior is roomier than the new ones. Very reliable car.

More direct control of AC (and a more powerful AC). Changeable air filter for AC would also be nice.

Excellent Car, I love Nissan in value
By Gus Tiwana

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I've owned 10 cars and recently I purchased a I30, This is my second nissan. the car is so smooth, quiet and powerful. I love the bose stereo which is clear and balanced makes all my cd's come to life. My home 6.1 system doesn't sound as good. My I30 has great features like climate control and power everything which is not availble in my price range. I drove the car once and fell in love with it at the dealership. I have had oil changes and replaced the spark plugs with NGK iridiums. i get great fuel economy. It has 108k and I plan on keeping it well into the 160k range.If you want a inexpensive but lexus/acura TL quality buy a I30, for half the price you get the same car.

Bose, V6, leather, climate control. and the awesome looking center dash with wood trim. Little things that stand out I30 from its catagory of camary/accord and maxima.

if you purchase this car, i would suggest purchasing a new set of wheels. stock wheels are 15". The car looks great with 16 or best 17" wheels. other then that the car is near perfect.