1996 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Great First Car
By Great First Car on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I love this car, i learned how to drive in it, and have been driving it for a year now. I absolutely love the interior. It is so comfortable. HOWEVER, I just recently got a new car and have been driving it for the past month on a daily basis and when i got back into the Infin. I started it, worked great, EXCEPT, as I was backing out the driveway and applied the brakes the stereo turned itself off. I attempted to turn it back on and nothing happened. ???? I don't know, probably a side affect from lack of driving, other than that, it's been a great car and a lot of fun.

Superb Reliability and Quality
By MWD on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We purchased our 96 I30 with 50,000 miles on it 3 years ago and have had no problems with it. It now has 150,000 miles, and runs like a champ. The interior, exterior, and mechanics have held up nicely. We enjoy the amenities and quality of the Infiniti, and will purchase another one this year to replace this one. Our Infiniti has made us another loyal customer.

great car!
By Creamer on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

i bought my infiniti I30t in april of 2003. the brakes squeek a little, only because i put lifetime brakes on, the bose sound system is great, 6 cd changer in back, heated seats, climate control, only thing it lacks is the navigation system like the new modelsthin

Well Made
By Sudhi on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this for my wife in 05/2002. A truely well made car. Had trouble only once, when I had to get the fuel injection system cleaned for about $90.00. We usually use it for long drives, and it handles just superb with a gas mileage of 26+ mpg. The leather interiors and the seats are really well made. BOSE system makes music listening such a treat.

I LOVE MY INFINITI
By PALA23 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I HAVE A 96 INFINITI I30. I LOVE THIS CAR. IT'S GREAT ON GAS AND HAS A WONDERFUL STEREO SYSTEM. I HAD A MAXIMA PRIOR TO THIS PURCHASE. I THOUGHT THERE WAS NOTHING LIKE IT UNTIL I DROVE THE INFINITI.

Great car but boring drive
By Touchdown Tony on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used about 4 years ago and have put on 80K miles without any major repairs. The only real problem I have with this car is that it is a rather boring drive. Sure people who previously drove Honda's and Camry's will think this is a great performance car, but compared with the great handling cars from Europe ... there's no comparison.

Really like my infiniti I30
By I30 in T.O. on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought my I30 used with 75,000 miles and 30,000 later all I have done is change the oil and kept the tank full. Leather interior is top notch and the factory BOSE stereo is fantastic. I have a 1+hour commute and comfort is not an issue. Engine is superb and it's the reason I bought it - and it's supposed to be quite durable. I expect 200,000+ miles should'nt be a problem. Trunk is large enough for all my goalie equipment and then some, and the pass-thru is good for skis and sticks, but I would like fold-down seats just in case.

My Infiniti
By TSmith on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

With the exception of replacing front brakes, this has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned. Gas mileage is excellent. Excellent performance.

Cars like this build customer loyalty
By roseh on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought a used '96 I30t back in 5/2000 with 88k on the clock. I just rolled 165k miles with it, and am pleased to report that I have had absolutely no problems with it, with the exception of no power to the cigarette lighter. The doorhandle "chrome" is delaminating from the plastic on all the door handles- it's an annoyance, but it's not critical. The thing handles great, with absolutely excellent brakes. The only thing lacking in this car is power, which is only 190 HP. It's by no means slow, but I would not call it quick. I like the very stiff ride quality of the car- I like feeling the road, and this car lets me feel it.

96 i30t
By MAPSS on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought my 96' I30T used with 60k miles on it, now it just broke 101000k and still running as strong as it did when I first bought it. It's a strong, solid car and I'm planning on keeping it untill it dies (I'm in for a looong wait). I still like the exterior styling better than the new ones, it still looks sharp. No major maintenance costs as I do mostly on my own exempt when I had reset the computer. Acceleration is good and power is always available, ride is quiet yet stiff because of the Touring trim,but i like sport car riding.