1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Best car for the money
By Pam on 04/08/10 23:57 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Infiniti I30 for 12 years and it just turned 331,000 miles! Just oil changes and maintenance. Never any transmission or engine trouble. Still gets 25.3 mpg. Best car I have ever owned, and I've owned Mercedes & Lexus.

I love it
By Damon Ray on 04/09/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from a private owner. His grandparents owned it before him and decided gave it to him. They had two cars and decided to get rid of the infiniti. Needless to say the car was in mint condition inside & out with a 163k miles on it. I feel like I got a new car with a 163k miles on it. So far no problems at all. I have the I30t with the spoiler, Black. Just like the picture on the site. It still turns heads when she's all cleaned up. The transmission's smooth and the Bose system is great. I love it and plan on keeping it for at least another year, I might give it to my son in college he loves it to.

Hate to Part Ways
By l-55 on 03/06/09 16:13 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Got this car at 159k. Now, at 205k (and just getting broken in), it has been 'totaled' and I must give it up. I loved it so much that I planned on keeping it till 300k, as it has been incredible! Even the leather has held up and the car can't feel much different than it did new. Only repairs were front axle seals and a minor electrical issue.

Best Car Ever
By Rush on 12/23/08 13:21 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is great! I had it for 2 years now and it has given me no problems! It is fast, reliable, smooth running car with an amazing sound system (Bose), you can not go wrong with Infiniti, that's why it costs so much!

Excellent
By robert on 11/14/08 12:16 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought used in 2002 with 88k miles and now has 160k. Still looks good with new wheels and spoiler. Bullet proof engine, still does not use oil. Why can't they make them like this any more? Leather still looks new and only regular maintenance on service.

It just keeps going
By Dutch on 08/29/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought the I30T new, it now has 180,000+ trouble free miles and continues to be problem free. The only repair was a starter at 170,000 mi, just oil changes, tires & brakes, etc. I personally replaced plugs at 100k mi. When will it quit? based on current performance it should continue to run for another 50,000 -100,000 mi, maybe more. GREAT CAR!

Infiniti review 2008
By Lauren Fleming on 01/05/08 08:19 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car because it is low maintenance. I feel it is safe for my 8 year old and the ride is smooth.

Perfection!
By Mum2B on 11/01/07 13:59 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my car, it's absolutely wonderful! My kids have enough room in back and it's easy to get them in and out. Very reliable! Never had any trouble with it at all! Less trouble than my husbands 2000 Jeep, and it's older! All I've had to do is get regular oil changes and the car runs perfectly. I'll never buy a car that's not an Infiniti ever again!!

The Best
By tahabs on 09/06/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased my first car in 1960. I have owned five other automobiles. This has been, by far, the most reliable and problem free automobile I have ever owned.

Ten years old and nearly like new.
By Tom on 09/30/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Ten years now, 100,000 miles, and NO breakdowns and it never left me stranded. Drivetrain still smooth & the rich torque of the V-6 engine very satisfying. Interior still sharp - no wear on leather. Design is uninspired but it holds its entry-level-luxury look with still excellent paint. Mechanically solid. No repairs to engine needed except the starter now "growls" when cold, and the idle regulator recently replaced. Fuel mileage 18-20 mpg around town, and 24-26 on the highway. Downside: Twice the sunroof has jammed and failed. Replaced under warranty first time - second time cost me $1200. Radio display now intermittant. I highly recommend this vehicle! Just watch the sunroof...