2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 model:
G37XS
By wmck69 on 05/14/11 13:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I must have looked at 20-30 different cars makes and models (Lexus, BMW, Acura) and after 4 months of looking and test drving (and reading all the user review), this was by far the best choice ever made. I wanted the best 4-dr sports car and didn't want to pay the BWM price tag for the same performance and repairs are insane for you BMW owners. It is tight, extremely smooth, it's my little red ferrari. So glad I got the "S" model. The 18" wheels and paddle shifters are awesome.

A special car I never thought I would own.
By jimstack41 on 04/05/11 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

A friend who owns a used car dealership found my 09 G37x S with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters at a regional auction. Barely 30,000 miles and a one-owner history! Black on black, 4dr. Nav system, Bose stereo, 18" wheels, All the goodies!. I never thought I would be able to afford this. The price was right and I did the mechanical work, four Michelin MXM4 tires and some detail touch ups. The car is perfect. I am out the door and on the road for $28K. Unbelievable! At my age this is the perfect car. A great combination of performance and luxury. It also is incredibly good looking.

It had to grow on me
By MontereyST3 on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I spend a lot of time in the car and after driving a Matrix it was quite an adjustment. It's not as nimble as the Matrix but excels on the highway which was what I needed. Road noise could be less over poor roads but good roads its very quiet. I'll try softer tires next and that may help. The car is really much more of a sports car than a sedan. Cabin is tight but once adjusted it seems normal. I like the simplicity of the interior. Everything else I looked at was very busy inside with buttons everywhere. I don't need a decoder manual to operate the climate controls. The ride is smooth and at 5 pm when I have four more hours of driving to go before I get home, its worth the money.

Love it!
By scg on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan S Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, love the motor and tranny,rear wheel drive, wonderful performance for the money, black leather wears much better than the light gray, Infiniti needs to put an eight cylinder in the G to compete with the M3, AMG E63 and CTS-V!

Germans do it better
By Antonio246 on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I am at 5800 miles on my G and can't wait to get rid of it. Worst transmission I've ever driven. The car lurches forward on downshifts, sometimes it hesitates rendering manual and DS positions useless. Even passengers notice the sloppy shift pattern in automatic. When I took it back to the dealer to repair the tranny he told me "it's the way it's supposed to shift. You're not driving a Lexus". Hmm. Do yourself a favor and get a German car or hey, how about a Lexus?

Get the "S" version w/ manual tranny
By Shifter on 07/08/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan S Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second G... first was a 2006 G35 "S" with the manual. Also got the manual on my 2009 G37. The manual transmission really makes this car. You have to special order, but it's worth the wait. Had a BMW 328 prior to going to Infiniti the first time and obviously decided to stick with Infiniti. Maintenance and dealer experiences have been great for the 5 years I've owned my cars. My only complaints are some minor chipping on the grill (2006 didn't do this),crappy cup holders in the manual version and Bluetooth that won't sync with Droid phones.

Just what everyone said it was
By ECS on 07/07/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I picked up a barely used 2009 G37X a couple of weeks ago after EXTENSIVE research and testing of (BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Lexus is250, Ford Fusion Sport, Mazda 6 V6) and luckily found this barely used G37X. Simply put - all the reviews are spot on - second only to the 3-series, but not a distant 2nd. Great car - I love the drive and interior. At night - headlights are amazingly bright.

Rated the best and is
By HHall on 06/19/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Set out to buy either a new MB C330, BMW 328, or Lexus IS250. Did all the research, but the Infiniti was consistently rated highest and was the lowest price so I figured a test drive was warranted. I was sold on the first press of the accelerator. A terrific car - clearly out performed the others. Excellent in snow and slush - couldn't make it spin out in an empty parking lot. When priced out with similar options, just a tremendous value for the money compared to the other three. (Acura was too ugly). Got 21-22 mph until my speeding ticket, now gets 24-25 commuting.

Best High Performance vehicle Ever!
By kaih23 on 05/21/10 12:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first infiniti and I did lots of research, comparing it to Acura TL, Lexus IS, Lexus ES, BMW 3- series, and Mercedes C class. I went and test drove them all and the best overall is my new infiniti G37XS. It gives me power whenever I need it, excellent sporty ride, very luxurious feel inside, and handles very well on ice and snow. On top of all this, it is Japanese made, built to last.

Great Car - Poor Transmission
By Bobby on 05/14/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Replaced my G35 with a 37, but I wish I had my 35 back. Pretty much the same car inside the cab, but obviously faster and with a terrible 7 speed transmission. The jerks at low speeds during shifts and jumps into higher gears is frustrating. Takes the fun out of driving an otherwise awesome car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*