Used 2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

G37XS
By wmck69

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I must have looked at 20-30 different cars makes and models (Lexus, BMW, Acura) and after 4 months of looking and test drving (and reading all the user review), this was by far the best choice ever made. I wanted the best 4-dr sports car and didn't want to pay the BWM price tag for the same performance and repairs are insane for you BMW owners. It is tight, extremely smooth, it's my little red ferrari. So glad I got the "S" model. The 18" wheels and paddle shifters are awesome.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, ergonomics, decent gas mileage (21, but I am in it a lot), added the K&N typhoon intake system and it what difference that makes (sound and performance). No blind spots, two car seats fit perfectly without kids kicking back of seats, 4 adults fit very comfortably (with ample leg room in back). GPS, hard drive, iPod adapter, never have to leave your hands from the steering wheel, blue tooth phone works incredibly well and easy. The list goes on and on and on....virtually everything about the car I love and I am very picky with cars/trucks.

Suggested Improvements

As of now, absolutely nothing that I can think of.

A special car I never thought I would own.
By jimstack41

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

A friend who owns a used car dealership found my 09 G37x S with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters at a regional auction. Barely 30,000 miles and a one-owner history! Black on black, 4dr. Nav system, Bose stereo, 18" wheels, All the goodies!. I never thought I would be able to afford this. The price was right and I did the mechanical work, four Michelin MXM4 tires and some detail touch ups. The car is perfect. I am out the door and on the road for $28K. Unbelievable! At my age this is the perfect car. A great combination of performance and luxury. It also is incredibly good looking.

Favorite Features

True performance: handling, acceleration, ride, sound. Very tight on the road; great in the corners, but the best part is the stunningly fluid acceleration! 30 to 80 or 60 to 100; it seems to happen in a heartbeat! Combine this with... Great luxury features: Bose audio, NAV, back up camera, quiet on the road, auto heat/air controls, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, and all the small touches like the hip and side power drivers seat controls, the memory system, the music box hard drive and display screen. What is the best luxury feature? At 6'2" and 230 pounds I am very comfortable and there no aches after 3.5 hours behind the wheel- so I guess the best is the seat!. I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

Okay, I'm 60 years old, but I worked my way through college as a mechanic and I raced Mustangs. I am a "car guy" and proud of it. If I was half my age, I'd be driving a Mustang GT or a Vette. I feel this is the perfect combo of get up and go, but do it in comfort, driving. I have done over 3,000 miles in 5 weeks in all weather,on all roads. Infinity got it right! (The BMW was too small and too expensive). When (or if) I find something wrong, I'll be back! Right now I leave you with one word; Awesome!

It had to grow on me
By MontereyST3

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I spend a lot of time in the car and after driving a Matrix it was quite an adjustment. It's not as nimble as the Matrix but excels on the highway which was what I needed. Road noise could be less over poor roads but good roads its very quiet. I'll try softer tires next and that may help. The car is really much more of a sports car than a sedan. Cabin is tight but once adjusted it seems normal. I like the simplicity of the interior. Everything else I looked at was very busy inside with buttons everywhere. I don't need a decoder manual to operate the climate controls. The ride is smooth and at 5 pm when I have four more hours of driving to go before I get home, its worth the money.

Favorite Features

Engine is amazing, brakes are incredible, transmission rules; downshifts earlier than I'm used to but is great once you adjust, holds lower gear in long downhills so you don't have to ride the brake. Seats are comfy, interior is very nice, stereo is acceptable

Suggested Improvements

Finish on the front is not very durable, road noise is more than I'd like, very limited interior storage, A/C comes on EVERY time you cycle past the defroster setting, sun visors are worthless, trunk is small, fog lights are ineffective

Love it!
By scg

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan S Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, love the motor and tranny,rear wheel drive, wonderful performance for the money, black leather wears much better than the light gray, Infiniti needs to put an eight cylinder in the G to compete with the M3, AMG E63 and CTS-V!

Favorite Features

manual tranny, motor, handling

Suggested Improvements

"chrome" grill insert chips much easier than my 06 G, cup holders in the manual are way too small, Bose stereo is nothing special, top of door panel where your left arm rests is too hard - use softer materials

Germans do it better
By Antonio246

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I am at 5800 miles on my G and can't wait to get rid of it. Worst transmission I've ever driven. The car lurches forward on downshifts, sometimes it hesitates rendering manual and DS positions useless. Even passengers notice the sloppy shift pattern in automatic. When I took it back to the dealer to repair the tranny he told me "it's the way it's supposed to shift. You're not driving a Lexus". Hmm. Do yourself a favor and get a German car or hey, how about a Lexus?

Favorite Features

Keyless entry. Climate control. Nice wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission! Better quality leather (driver seat is cracking already). Smoother ride. Fold down rear seats. Wipers that go to intermittent when you stop. Better speaker placement. Fog lights that actually pierce the fog.