Used 2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

Great for empy nesters
By bburgh

2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

If you need a big trunk, plan on having people in the back seat for longer than 1/2 an hour or don't like a sporty ride don't buy this car. For two people who like to throw a car around on country roads this is "the" car. It's a joy to drive hard, but very comfortable if you take it easy. My only problem is my wife keeps taking it.

Great Coupe!
By carlineneg

2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe S Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

For the money, and then some, the G37 was a hot coupe. It is now a little long in the tooth, but when it came out, and maybe even now, I am not sure what you can get for $40-45k that looks and performs as well in the segment.

Favorite Features

The appearance of the S model and the fun of the six speed manual, power over-steer = fun!

Suggested Improvements

With the new Q50 on the way we can expect a redesigned coupe. You will see a refined body, and most likely all the new electronics and power-train of the Q50.

Great so far
By eddie100

2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my 09 G37x coupe used with 31K mi, very sporty, engine is ferocious, the power doesn't drop off until you hit non-legal speeds. Doesn't have the razor sharp handling of my 06 G35 Coupe, but it's very close and has a smoother, more compliant ride that soaks up bumps very well. Interior with Bose, navigation, and rear view camera is great! I love this car!

Favorite Features

Power, looks, AWD, great handling, leather seat quality

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality (dash coming apart at seams), steering wheel finish peeling off

Love this car more than anything I have ever driven
By 96lxi130k

2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought mine new in October 09 (with all packages) and absolutely love driving it. I bought the X thinking I'd drive it in the winter and I have the last couple with no issues whatsoever. I love it so much I'm buying a crossover SUV so I can keep it in the garage this winter. Braking is great, the ride is extremely comfortable and it looks amazing. I get comments on it everywhere I go. I would buy this car again and then some.

Favorite Features

Ride, Acceleration, Braking, Interior Components, Exterior Styling

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could downshift a bit smoother.

2009 Infiniti G37x Coupe
By wearetheos

2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great performance, firm ride, easy to use controls, it feels secure and comfortable. Well designed interior and exterior. It feels like you're driving a piece of art. Averaging 20 mpg, have seen 25 on the highway.

Favorite Features

The Bose stereo, the iPod interface is excellent and works well. You can program many functions of the car on the touch screen. Memory function for seat, mirrors, and steering wheel, for 2 drivers. And the acceleration, absolutely awesome, and the 7 gears to go through. The exhaust note is great!

Suggested Improvements

Storage, there should be more places to put things. The transmission should shift quicker when in manual mode.