2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 model:
Fun, Beautiful, But Premium Price with Poor Materials
By billfisher52 on 08/07/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We owned this car for three years and absolutely loved the exterior design. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars on the road. However, there were some major issues that start with cheap materials. The cheap plastics in the dash and door panels do not befit a car selling for 50 large. The leather seat material was far less opulent than my Hyundai Genesis, when the doors close you cannot reach the seat adjuster without scratching the aluminum trim on the doors. Build quality was poor. Rubber weatherstripping squeezing out from trim, rattles when top up ands zero trunk space with top down. This is a $30K car with the top chopped off and $23K added to the price. Period.

Wouldn't get any other car
By tecnoxus on 12/10/11 17:22 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I spent a long time doing research on my next car (4 years) each time I took a car that meet my requirements out on a test drive I was disappointed. I wanted something sporty that wasn't just a flat out race car. BMW got really close. But considering that I got my Infiniti for $45k, when a similarly equipped BMW would have cost $65K, I'm rather happy with how everything turned out.

Fun in the Sun
By 3andg on 02/02/11 09:56 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased the G37 Convertible new in November, 2009, and now have ~14k miles on it. Unlike most hard top convertibles, it looks great top up and top down. The car is an absolute blast to drive when the weather is sunny and one can take the top down. With the top up, it is a mediocre performer due to the weight of the retractable top and structural reinforcements. Creature comforts are great - the ventilated seats, iPod Integration, Bluetooth and Bose Audio System - make the car very liveable on a daily basis. Due to the styling, there is limited storage space in the trunk and car. I highly recommend the air deflector for the car - it makes a big difference at highway speeds (70mph+)

Great Car
By MSU7151 on 07/08/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I leased a new 2010 G37 convertible when my Mercedes Benz CLK350 lease ran out. With the Infiniti, it's like night and day. The G37 is so much faster, handles better and even looks classier, inside and out, than the Mercedes. So far, both Infiniti and the dealer have been great. Responsive and proactive with notices and keeping in touch.

All Around Awesome
By MBeaton on 04/30/10 18:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for about five months. I love it! For the money, you can't beat it. It is fun to drive (the performance is amazing). The creature comforts are great. It also looks stunning. If you look at other hard top convertibles, no other make comes close to making the hard top look like the coupe the way Infiniti does. All around awesome car.

Infiniti Hush Money?
By bad build quality on 04/03/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Right after I purchased a 2009 G37 Convertible, I noticed that there was persistent creaking coming from both sides of the rear portion of the hardtop. That night, I put the top down and up, and noticed that the trunk was opened afterward, so I closed it manually. The next morning, I approached my car in the garage to find the trunk opened again. 2 days later, the engine refused to go past 10 mph and the Engine Light was on so I was forced to bring it into the dealership. It's since been over 30 days and Infiniti has tried to solve the problem twice to no avail. I still don't have my car. Most of all, I'm wondering where the other bad reviews are? Can anyone say Infiniti Hush Money?

Love This Car
By RLB on 02/15/10 13:51 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car. Sexy lines, smooth and powerful. Got Pacific Sky with Stone. Base, prem, navi, chrome sport package wheels, rear deflector. Researched for a year, waiting on latest models. For us the Infiniti beat out the BMW's, Lexus was no comparison, 370Z, and MB. Also, really wanted a hard top for all weather and noise reduction. Have had trouble with the seat belts getting caught by the door but unbuckled them from the leather strap on the seat to let them retrac all the way. Pain reaching back for it but better. Planning a 2k mile trip first of Spring, can't wait to pop the top and go.

Turning Heads
By jong98 on 01/24/10 19:31 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought the car just over six months ago and continue to be extremely happy i didn't go with the BMW 335 conv. or the Lexus 3C. The car drives really well, wind feels great with the optional wind deflector, and the sound system is awesome. The Sat Nav is almost perfect and the cooled seats put my friends at awe. The only problem is the body rigidity (average), and the damn seat belts. Its enough of a pet peeve that the retractors don't fully retract the belts when I take them off. Next time Infiniti, make sure the seat belts don't get caught by the door when I get out.

Mistress
By Apples on 01/04/10 16:49 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Ordered and waited 3 months for this car to come in (waited to get the optional spoiler). Almost backed out to order the 2010 model. Winter here now so did not get much driving in before I put car away in storage. However this is a great car: looks great and fun to drive. Can't wait for spring and top down driving. Looked at Lexus IS350c, but could not get excited. Somewhat concerned about reports of the seatbelt not retracking and getting slammed in door and breaking door/seat trim. Need to drive more miles to get fuller experience. Would give it all 10's (other than gas mileage), but there is always room to improve! Hope this helps.

Glad I Picked This One
By mlapin on 12/27/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Just bought two days ago. Was insistent on purchasing the BMW 335i con. until I drove this car. It had me at hello. I love everything about it. Of course, it has only been two days. If first impressions count, this car is now my baby, and my 5 year old has been upgraded from my baby to my little boy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible in NJ is:

$273 per month*