Used 2009 Infiniti G37 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

Most Helpful|
Great for empy nesters
By bburgh

2009 Infiniti G37 x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

If you need a big trunk, plan on having people in the back seat for longer than 1/2 an hour or don't like a sporty ride don't buy this car. For two people who like to throw a car around on country roads this is "the" car. It's a joy to drive hard, but very comfortable if you take it easy. My only problem is my wife keeps taking it.

Fun, Beautiful, But Premium Price with Poor Materials
By billfisher52

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We owned this car for three years and absolutely loved the exterior design. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars on the road. However, there were some major issues that start with cheap materials. The cheap plastics in the dash and door panels do not befit a car selling for 50 large. The leather seat material was far less opulent than my Hyundai Genesis, when the doors close you cannot reach the seat adjuster without scratching the aluminum trim on the doors. Build quality was poor. Rubber weatherstripping squeezing out from trim, rattles when top up ands zero trunk space with top down. This is a $30K car with the top chopped off and $23K added to the price. Period.

Favorite Features

Handling was superb, Body styling was right up there with the best. I think it's the nicest looking of all the convertibles with the top down. Top up, it's rear end didn't look like it needed to spend time at the gym like most hardtop convertibles. Loved its sound and corner carving abilities. But most of all it was the sensuous body that had us sold on it.

Suggested Improvements

Materials, Materials, Materials. The cheap leather, the cheap plastics and the cheap carpet are not befitting a $54,000 car. (See Audi A5) The designers were very short sighted when thinking through some of the issues. You cannot adjust the seats at all with the doors closed without scratching the aluminum door trim if you are a woman because your ring cannot miss the aluminum no matter how hard you try. The seat belts were always getting caught in the doors because there isn't a useful retractor. The leather loop holding the seat belt is ruined after 10K miles. The finish on the steering wheel rubs off with the least amount of contact. Overpriced. Not luxury.

Nice cruiser but terrible transmission
By Antonio246

2009 Infiniti G37 x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I traded an '06 Passat for my G three months ago. So far really like the car except for a couple of complaints. The transmission jolts the car when shifting gears most of the time and the quick shift is useless. Hesitates when changing gears and then it's like it can't decide which gear to settle into when downshifting. Very annoying and disappointing. Also, cruise control revs the engine suddenly when using the accelerate feature. Personally don't care about the poor gas mileage. It's not that bad and I wasn't expecting too much with this much power.

Favorite Features

It's fast, quiet and comfortable. Center console controls very easy to use. Excellent climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the lousy quick shift responses. Add feature that puts wipers at intermittent when vehicle stops. Move the arm rest on the center console forward. Sits too far back.

Great Car
By MSU7151

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I leased a new 2010 G37 convertible when my Mercedes Benz CLK350 lease ran out. With the Infiniti, it's like night and day. The G37 is so much faster, handles better and even looks classier, inside and out, than the Mercedes. So far, both Infiniti and the dealer have been great. Responsive and proactive with notices and keeping in touch.

Favorite Features

The top looks great up and when down, whoa! The car looks amazing. I also love the sound coming out of those mufflers and the speed and quickness of the car. The interior has a dynamic look and is easy to manipulate.

Suggested Improvements

Space for anything in the car or the non-existent trunk. When the top is down, you can't store anything in the car or trunk. The only other problem I had was the accelerator. Infiniti has a raised pedal that was causing irritation of my heel. The dealer put in rubber mats and the problem resolved.

Wouldn't get any other car
By tecnoxus

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I spent a long time doing research on my next car (4 years) each time I took a car that meet my requirements out on a test drive I was disappointed. I wanted something sporty that wasn't just a flat out race car. BMW got really close. But considering that I got my Infiniti for $45k, when a similarly equipped BMW would have cost $65K, I'm rather happy with how everything turned out.

Favorite Features

Takes corners like a dream, jumps off the line great. I like how you can turn the traction control completely off. The intelligent cruise control, and automatic wipers are just those little touches that make the car feel like your really living in the future.

Suggested Improvements

The convertible top sometimes have a small rattle, nothing a little music can't drone out. Still its something that should not happen to a new car. Also I would like it if the Sport mode would keep the car in a lower gear so that power is always ready.