Used 2009 Infiniti G37 Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Infiniti G37

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

Former cts owner
By Paul

2009 Infiniti G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Coming from a cts sedan to a g37x sedan. Obviously I'm interested in vehicles that are sporty yet luxurious. After being disappointed with the cts in its unreliability, high repair costs and poor winter driving performance, I did as much research as possible before making my next vehicle purchase. Which led me to three options, the bmw 328i x drive, audi a4 and the infiniti g37x. I'm a speed and drive enthusiast, so of course i was leaning towards the bmw. After doing further research and test drives, i was easily able to make a decision. Went with the g37x for its power, luxurious feeling interior and low maintenance cost. The bmw had the smoothest feeling engine and most responsive steering. The audi had the most comfortable drive. But the one that felt just right is the g37. It's the fastest of the three while still feeling well balanced. It's never been in the shop once yet. Completely satisfied with this vehicle. I think my next car will also be an infiniti.

My 5th Infiniti , my second G
By jay gorto

2009 Infiniti G37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I had a 2003 G35 which I loved. I got a 2009 6 months ago when I changed jobs and needed a car to commute with. Engine and handling are great. I average 23 MPG in mostly hwy travel w plus gasoline, I usually drive around 85 mph on highway. Better MPG in warmer weather. The acceleration is excellent and braking is great too. I drive 55 miles 1 way and seats are comfortable, Im 6 feet 225 pounds. Quality is great as with all infinitis. The rear seats fit my 2 car seats as I have 2 small kids. The AWD is good so far but I thought the g 35 a little better. All in all a great car w great features and looks great too. trunk is nice but storage inside cabin is a little tight.

So great I bought another
By rileythecat

2009 Infiniti G37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

If I could count all the hours I have spent reading car magazines, online car reviews, shopping for cars, etc., I'm pretty sure it would represent a good year of my life. These countless hours led me to the 2009 Infiniti G37, which I bought new in 2009 for $30k (list price of around $35k). I put 155,000 miles on it, with zero problems except for changing the brakes twice, the battery once, and power locks that sometimes didn't want to cooperate. Never got the locks fixed because it wasn't a big deal. I put new tires on twice, and I highly recommend the Michelin Primacy - great in the rain, and last for 60k miles.

I spent a lot of time looking at various replacement options, but none had the combination of power, handling, interior space, quality, and reliability. So I traded it in last month on a 2013 G37. Just yesterday I had a $40,0000 BMW as a rental, and I was very happy to get back into my car. The used G37 is without question the best value out there. I feel bad for all the people paying high 20's or low 30's for a generic car with half the power and quadruple the problems when they could have a year-or-two-old G37 for less money.

Great well-made car!
By Kelly Myers

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great, well-made car. Have had no repairs in 6.5 years, only scheduled maintenance. Only problem is no space for a spare tire so if you have a flat you're out of luck!

Best value for your money!
By Zach

2009 Infiniti G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my used 2009 G37x sedan in July of 2015. At the time of purchase it had 146,000 miles. I was skeptical of the mileage but after a friend of mine had a good experience with a 2003 G35 that reached 182,000 miles and only sold it because he needed an SUV, I decided to purchase it. After all it was a great deal. The dealer I work at took the car in as a trade in and was asking $11,600 for it. Since I work there I got a deal for $10,000! This the best purchase I have ever made! The car is in great condition with nothing damaged or worn. The VQ37VHR is a very powerful motor. In fact it is the same engine from the Nissan 370z. Along with the AWD this sedan hooks up even in the rain with the traction control off. This is a very quick car not to mention a good looking one. I have had no problems with the car at all. The Bose sound system is great and has a nice balance in sound quality. The Bluetooth works flawlessly every time. I am six feet tall and the seating position is great. Trust me, I am a very picky person and I am not afraid to speak the truth. This car is exceptional. Anyone in the market for a luxury sedan needs to consider this car. It is one of the best values on the market today.