2009 Infiniti G37 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 model:
Great for empy nesters
By bburgh on 02/26/13 21:30 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

If you need a big trunk, plan on having people in the back seat for longer than 1/2 an hour or don't like a sporty ride don't buy this car. For two people who like to throw a car around on country roads this is "the" car. It's a joy to drive hard, but very comfortable if you take it easy. My only problem is my wife keeps taking it.

Great Coupe!
By carlineneg on 01/29/13 13:38 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 S Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

For the money, and then some, the G37 was a hot coupe. It is now a little long in the tooth, but when it came out, and maybe even now, I am not sure what you can get for $40-45k that looks and performs as well in the segment.

Fun, Beautiful, But Premium Price with Poor Materials
By billfisher52 on 08/07/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We owned this car for three years and absolutely loved the exterior design. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars on the road. However, there were some major issues that start with cheap materials. The cheap plastics in the dash and door panels do not befit a car selling for 50 large. The leather seat material was far less opulent than my Hyundai Genesis, when the doors close you cannot reach the seat adjuster without scratching the aluminum trim on the doors. Build quality was poor. Rubber weatherstripping squeezing out from trim, rattles when top up ands zero trunk space with top down. This is a $30K car with the top chopped off and $23K added to the price. Period.

Great so far
By eddie100 on 05/11/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my 09 G37x coupe used with 31K mi, very sporty, engine is ferocious, the power doesn't drop off until you hit non-legal speeds. Doesn't have the razor sharp handling of my 06 G35 Coupe, but it's very close and has a smoother, more compliant ride that soaks up bumps very well. Interior with Bose, navigation, and rear view camera is great! I love this car!

Wouldn't get any other car
By tecnoxus on 12/10/11 17:22 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I spent a long time doing research on my next car (4 years) each time I took a car that meet my requirements out on a test drive I was disappointed. I wanted something sporty that wasn't just a flat out race car. BMW got really close. But considering that I got my Infiniti for $45k, when a similarly equipped BMW would have cost $65K, I'm rather happy with how everything turned out.

Love this car more than anything I have ever driven
By 96lxi130k on 09/07/11 10:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought mine new in October 09 (with all packages) and absolutely love driving it. I bought the X thinking I'd drive it in the winter and I have the last couple with no issues whatsoever. I love it so much I'm buying a crossover SUV so I can keep it in the garage this winter. Braking is great, the ride is extremely comfortable and it looks amazing. I get comments on it everywhere I go. I would buy this car again and then some.

G37XS
By wmck69 on 05/14/11 13:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I must have looked at 20-30 different cars makes and models (Lexus, BMW, Acura) and after 4 months of looking and test drving (and reading all the user review), this was by far the best choice ever made. I wanted the best 4-dr sports car and didn't want to pay the BWM price tag for the same performance and repairs are insane for you BMW owners. It is tight, extremely smooth, it's my little red ferrari. So glad I got the "S" model. The 18" wheels and paddle shifters are awesome.

A special car I never thought I would own.
By jimstack41 on 04/05/11 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

A friend who owns a used car dealership found my 09 G37x S with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters at a regional auction. Barely 30,000 miles and a one-owner history! Black on black, 4dr. Nav system, Bose stereo, 18" wheels, All the goodies!. I never thought I would be able to afford this. The price was right and I did the mechanical work, four Michelin MXM4 tires and some detail touch ups. The car is perfect. I am out the door and on the road for $28K. Unbelievable! At my age this is the perfect car. A great combination of performance and luxury. It also is incredibly good looking.

Fun in the Sun
By 3andg on 02/02/11 09:56 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased the G37 Convertible new in November, 2009, and now have ~14k miles on it. Unlike most hard top convertibles, it looks great top up and top down. The car is an absolute blast to drive when the weather is sunny and one can take the top down. With the top up, it is a mediocre performer due to the weight of the retractable top and structural reinforcements. Creature comforts are great - the ventilated seats, iPod Integration, Bluetooth and Bose Audio System - make the car very liveable on a daily basis. Due to the styling, there is limited storage space in the trunk and car. I highly recommend the air deflector for the car - it makes a big difference at highway speeds (70mph+)

It had to grow on me
By MontereyST3 on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I spend a lot of time in the car and after driving a Matrix it was quite an adjustment. It's not as nimble as the Matrix but excels on the highway which was what I needed. Road noise could be less over poor roads but good roads its very quiet. I'll try softer tires next and that may help. The car is really much more of a sports car than a sedan. Cabin is tight but once adjusted it seems normal. I like the simplicity of the interior. Everything else I looked at was very busy inside with buttons everywhere. I don't need a decoder manual to operate the climate controls. The ride is smooth and at 5 pm when I have four more hours of driving to go before I get home, its worth the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti G37 in VA is:

$140 per month*