Used 2008 Infiniti G37 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

Great car!
By Jeff

2008 Infiniti G37 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is simply the best car I have ever owned, sporty tuned ride with luxury interior, beautiful leather! My z4 was too stiff!! The G37 was not only the best value but the best car under 35k period! The A4 is under powered as is the 328i which comes with fake leather in the base... Its only comp is the 335i and the A5 but they cost so much more! and the 335i just isn't that comfortable to drive!

Favorite Features

Looks both inside and out! No key! And the long list of features on a base model

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt gets stuck in door as a result of the coupe long doors. Consider a mechanical device to move the belt into place

Watch Out BMW
By Mark

2008 Infiniti G37 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had Bimmers for several years and still like them. Tried to trade in my 03/Z4 for a 08/330 coupe but felt like I got the brush off from the saleman. Went across the street and purshased the G37 that evening. Purely amazed that I found a car that not only was several thousand less than the BMW but could run with it as well. Interior and exterior fit and finishes are fantastic. But the best experience is to hop in and let her run. WOW! My MPG is averaging right at 26mpg out on the highway and 23mpg combined. Can't wait to see the convertible when it arrives.

Favorite Features

Overall exterior appearance. Sleek and strong. Comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

More interior trim levels.

Best Buy
By Tscts

2008 Infiniti G37 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The G37 is a best buy for the money. I've always liked the G35 coupe, but exterior and interior improvements in addition to the 330 hp engine make me glad I waited. The base model is loaded with standard features, including numerous safety and security items, so I'm pleased to not need nor pay for the sport, premium, navigation nor tech packages. The G37 is a great buy for a luxury sport coupe.

Favorite Features

Looks cool, runs great! 330 engine. Smooth 5 speed. Flat folding rear seat w/ touch button sliding front seats for easy loading. Five spoke 18 in. wheels (19 in. look like stage coach wheels).

Suggested Improvements

At the escalating cost of gas, wish 87 octane were okay to use. Not real crazy about the chrome edge on the trunk, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Mid Life Crisis Car
By Skip

2008 Infiniti G37 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Did a lot of homework before purchasing this car. The car for the quality, design, reliability and price has no competition.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual electronics drive comfort life time tire/wheel policy through dealer

Suggested Improvements

A tad more room for rear passengers legs/feet not need to use 91 octane gas

Best Sports Car I've Had
By MYNorona

2008 Infiniti G37 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven Porsches, BMWs, and a Corvette. This one beats them all as for my personal taste. I look forward each time to drive my new G37 car. The technological advancement from my old G35 2005 to G37 2008 feels like 10 years difference. I'm a big fan of manual shift gears on cars but the Paddle Shifter is so much fun to use. Especially, I get busy making my calls while I drive most of the time. I just experimented recording with the digital flash card to play music and it sounded awesome. I can't believe we're living the day and age of advanced technoloy today. On this car it's true that you get more than what you pay for. I can't wait next week when I install my Infiniti exhaust system

Favorite Features

I love the GPS features, the bluetooth convenience with verbal commands. The option of Gear Shifter to F1 Paddle Shifter is so much fun. The ride is so much quieter with better sound insulation from the road noise which helps when I'm on the phone compare to my old 2005 G35 Sport.

Suggested Improvements

Create the back seat with a cushion in the middle instead of the hard plastic that just collects clutters. G37 Sport models should design a more aggressive spoiler with an option of elevated rear wing in which this powerful car deserves. If they did I'll be the first one to install it.