2008 Infiniti G37 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 model:
Love it!
By sl4y3r on 01/04/13 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti G37 Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5S for a 2008 G37 Coupe because the lack of power it had and it was boring to drive. The G37 Coupe is so fun to drive; especially when merging on the highway >:] With this car car you can pass others cars with ease. The stock exhaust is just amazing when you turn it on and the interior design is really nice as well. The BOSE sound systems is really loud and nice and listening to music on my car is what I love to do (especially when commuting to work). I like the memory seats. Also, I use the iPod integration and use the steering wheel controls and it makes it easy to select songs and the iPod is out of sight the whole time.

Sold a Lexus i loved.. for an Infiniti i love more!
By poolshark7 on 03/06/12 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since i saw a Lexus IS300 in first year of production i knew i wanted one. Eventually got a black 5 speed with spoiler.. (had my mind on NEVER letting it go)...... daily driven, loved it for 6 years longest i've had a car.. and then just happened to stop one day at lunch and test drive an absolutely gorgeous athens blue G37S... just on a whim.. guess what - i ended up buying it that same day. I'm 5'3" and find the G very comfortable. Like another reviewer said, it's a little light on response, need to anticipate acceleration or use the paddles or tap over into DS mode for more immediate shifts. For a 6 cylinder this car is FAAAAASSST!! 0-60 much faster than a Straight 6 Lexus, wow...

I'm a car guy again!
By Matt on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car 2 days ago and traded in my Lexus ES 350. The Lexus is truly a fantastic car for comfort and fuel economy, but it requires you to lose your man card. My past cars have been Mustang V8's, Saab 9.5, BMW 525 and Acura TL. I've only driven the G37 about 4 times so far, but I love it and can't wait to drive it again. It's quiet and comfy when you want it to be, but can certainly growl and perform with the push of a pedal. Some say the brakes are touchy, I say precise. Some don't like the "off the line" acceleration, buy a true sports car. Some don't like the trunk space, IT'S A COUPE! Head space? I'm 6' 190, no problem. I'm a car guy again!

Fantastic Car
By Brian J on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven all sorts of sports cars. I was looking for an all around sports car that would get me through a winter as well. This car delivers. It's not going to beat many other sports cars off the line but that mid powerband in the car is wonderful. Steady constant power all the way through the large band. One thing I don't particularly like is the clutch seems a bit mushy. Overall though this is a much sexier car than a 335 by BMW. With the blend of luxury and performance there really isn't anything out there in this price point that competes with it well.

Test drove, dont own
By IY on 03/15/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Coming from 2002 BMW M3 SMG and 2008 Audi A4 6-Speed (GIAC chipped), G37S felt SLOW, maybe just a bit faster then my A4 (again GIAC chipped), and MUCH slower then M3. Steering not as tight as on previous cars, at 28k miles there was a lot of NOT normal wear on plastics and leather. The built quality inside is on par with Honda Civic. I am sorry, I wanted to like this car, but 335i (thats usually compared to G37S) is just a better car all around.

Amazing Automobile!
By speakerman on 02/26/10 07:05 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti G37 Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched for several months before purchasing the Infiniti G37 coupe. The reviews which praised its performance were right on. It not only features awesome acceleration, but has the best brakes I have ever experienced. Interior fit and finish are excellent. I purchased the ivory pearl exterior, and I'm regularly getting comments on its beauty.

One of the best in the GT coupe class
By rparamount on 12/29/09 16:59 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Infiniti G37 is an amazing vehicle. Ever since I saw the original G35 I always wanted one. After the G37 came out I went and bought a 2 door G37 S with all the fixings including the 6 speed manual and navigation. This car is not only fast, but reliable and sexy all at the same time. A car with all of it's features normally sells for thousands of dollars more. Infiniti also made the interior of the car a lot better now and it is up to par with some of the nicer luxury cars out there. Give this car a test drive, you won't be disappointed!

Infiniti got it right
By drw128 on 12/10/09 02:53 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned an ivory pearl manual for 6 months. This car, for this price point, is unmatched (if you are looking at BOTH performance and luxury). The design is simply breathtaking. With ivory pearl paint, it's such a head turner. Ironically, G37 has a high exclusivity for a bargain price at its class. Interior is very nice, although could do with a little more insulation. The 3rd gear is what I call the auto gear because it is perfectly tuned for city driving, although 2nd gear is the real deal. 6th gear is the gran touring aka cruising mode. Overall, funnily, G37S somehow feels and looks more expensive than it really is. Count it: design, performance, exhaust, Nav, feel, price. All in one.

Much improved coupe!
By jbro on 07/27/09 01:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 2007 G coupe 6MT for a 2008 also 6 MT. The shifter and especially the clutch in the 07 was awful. The 08 is improved although not perfect. Otherwise this car is amazing in every way. It's really a little surprising that Nissan can make this car for this price point. It really looks, feels and drives like a much more expensive car. Really unbelievable!!!! Great job Nissan and your Infiniti cohorts. In my first 1000 miles MPG, hiway is 24-25 and expect to improve a bit with break-in. Only change would be to give just a little more off the line, although I imagine that would stress the components more with 330 horses on tap. Also would be nice to see the rev match shift!!

Drive one if you can!
By rgaz on 06/11/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I can reiterate all the good reviews. This car is fun to drive in all conditions and can smoke the tires with ease. I recommend driving with the VDC off so you can really have fun. The VDC can be a bit too overbearing for my tastes. First let me say that the G37S is hands above most cars to compare, so my very minor complaints are just because when you stare at almost perfection, you are bound to find something. The 5-speed shifter throw is too long for my tastes. For a sports car the 1-2 shift should be the shortest possible, and it is not. Again, minor. The tires are great combination, but in the larger rims, they are very expensive to replace. Really, a great car. Drive it and see.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.