Used 2008 Infiniti G37 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti G37

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

Love it!
By sl4y3r

2008 Infiniti G37 Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5S for a 2008 G37 Coupe because the lack of power it had and it was boring to drive. The G37 Coupe is so fun to drive; especially when merging on the highway >:] With this car car you can pass others cars with ease. The stock exhaust is just amazing when you turn it on and the interior design is really nice as well. The BOSE sound systems is really loud and nice and listening to music on my car is what I love to do (especially when commuting to work). I like the memory seats. Also, I use the iPod integration and use the steering wheel controls and it makes it easy to select songs and the iPod is out of sight the whole time.

Favorite Features

BOSE Sound system, exhaust sound, memory seats, iphone/ipod integration

Suggested Improvements

I think that the inside door handles can be improved a bit because when I increase the sound volume with max bass, they rattle and sometimes it can get annoying.

Sold a Lexus i loved.. for an Infiniti i love more!
By poolshark7

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since i saw a Lexus IS300 in first year of production i knew i wanted one. Eventually got a black 5 speed with spoiler.. (had my mind on NEVER letting it go)...... daily driven, loved it for 6 years longest i've had a car.. and then just happened to stop one day at lunch and test drive an absolutely gorgeous athens blue G37S... just on a whim.. guess what - i ended up buying it that same day. I'm 5'3" and find the G very comfortable. Like another reviewer said, it's a little light on response, need to anticipate acceleration or use the paddles or tap over into DS mode for more immediate shifts. For a 6 cylinder this car is FAAAAASSST!! 0-60 much faster than a Straight 6 Lexus, wow...

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, voice control, navigation, (although mine seems to lag a bit and needs to be manually recalculated when off-course, unless i'm doing something wrong.. map is 4 years old now, trying to get an update).. LOVE the engine's power, the dual air filters, the tone of the dual exhaust.. not too loud ..audible inside my house when cold-started but quiet when warm and idle.. hopefully not too loud for my neighbors bedroom by my driveway. (i'd ask but there's nothing i can do if it does bother someone).

Suggested Improvements

Can't reach the footrest, i'm 5"3' so i put my foot flat, knee up against the door, or.. laying on my left side of my foot, knee slightly bent.. would like to have a 2ndary foot rest maybe farther out than the existing one. (like a sideways stair, have 2 options for a foot) Not sure if i can edit this after submitting but i highly recommend this car. (Highly!) Also, in 2012 i picked mine up for 24k at 55000 miles, still under warranty.

I'm a car guy again!
By Matt

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car 2 days ago and traded in my Lexus ES 350. The Lexus is truly a fantastic car for comfort and fuel economy, but it requires you to lose your man card. My past cars have been Mustang V8's, Saab 9.5, BMW 525 and Acura TL. I've only driven the G37 about 4 times so far, but I love it and can't wait to drive it again. It's quiet and comfy when you want it to be, but can certainly growl and perform with the push of a pedal. Some say the brakes are touchy, I say precise. Some don't like the "off the line" acceleration, buy a true sports car. Some don't like the trunk space, IT'S A COUPE! Head space? I'm 6' 190, no problem. I'm a car guy again!

Favorite Features

Platinum graphite sport with 19's and spoiler looks awesome. Performance ample when your ready. Great balance between luxury and sport.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I bought it sooner. Don't know or care about fuel economy.

Fantastic Car
By Brian J

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven all sorts of sports cars. I was looking for an all around sports car that would get me through a winter as well. This car delivers. It's not going to beat many other sports cars off the line but that mid powerband in the car is wonderful. Steady constant power all the way through the large band. One thing I don't particularly like is the clutch seems a bit mushy. Overall though this is a much sexier car than a 335 by BMW. With the blend of luxury and performance there really isn't anything out there in this price point that competes with it well.

Favorite Features

Bose upgrade, Ipod connectivity, brakes, sultry exhaust sound

Suggested Improvements

better clutch, more low end torque, higher horsepower, possibly turbocharged, full leather interior.

Test drove, dont own
By IY

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Coming from 2002 BMW M3 SMG and 2008 Audi A4 6-Speed (GIAC chipped), G37S felt SLOW, maybe just a bit faster then my A4 (again GIAC chipped), and MUCH slower then M3. Steering not as tight as on previous cars, at 28k miles there was a lot of NOT normal wear on plastics and leather. The built quality inside is on par with Honda Civic. I am sorry, I wanted to like this car, but 335i (thats usually compared to G37S) is just a better car all around.

Favorite Features

I only like the exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality !!! Its supposed to be a fast car, why is it so heavy and slow !