2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Consumer Review: Beyond the Looks, the Car Lack

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan - Consumer Review

Journey Sedan (3.7L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Beyond the Looks, the Car Lacks
By jisaac1 on

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After a few Honda Accords, an Acura TL, and BMW 325i I was excited to take my 2010 G37 Journey with tech and navi packages home. But that is where I am most comfortable in the this car, at home. Trany is rough in auto or sport - dealer, after a few visits cannot identify the problem. Downshifts are unreliable and harsh. Interior noise is not what I would expect; wind, road, and tire noise is louder than it should. Paint quality is poor. Just passed 10k miles and examining the hood would make you think it has many more miles. I keep it washed weekly, waxed every 60 days, and you wouldn't know it.

The toys are not bad. Navigation is decent (except the limitations of programming only when stopped). Sound system is fair, the music box is a neat toy and has come in handy. A/C in the Florida sun has performed well. Would have liked the seat heaters to be spread in more than just the very center and low portions of the seat, but living in Florida that is not too much of an issue for me.

Fix the transmission, improve paint quality, work on cabin noise, use higher-quality interior materials, and allow the rear seats to fold. The service department at my closest dealer (Lokey Infiniti) could stand some customer service work in their service department and the after sales help from Infiniti of Tampa was also poor when I wanted to have some problems addressed. Without significant changes in the car, this will be my last Infiniti.