6 months later.....
By captivemind on
2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)
Excellent overall. It balances handling, comfort and exceptional value. I looked at all the usual suspects. 3 series, C-Class, Acura, Lexus and found the G37 to represent the best of all these brands. 3.7liter is a rocket on wheels, precision handling when pushed and comfortable in city driving. Exceptional navigation system, very easy use with both voice command and touchscreen. Great driving position. I have about 4k miles and its been very reliable compared to my 2008 Audi A6. Service costs are very reasonable. Good long distance cruiser. Like BMW and Mercedes, G37s are built on independent rear wheel drive platform unlike Lexus ES and Acura TL.
Favorite Features
3.7 liter engine, suspension, great steering, seats, navigation system, heated seats, rear view camera, quality of leather seating, rear wheel drive
Suggested Improvements
Terrible gas mileage. During a recent service run, dealership said I was only getting between 13 -15 city. Claims should improve after 10k miles to about 16. In city driving, I can literally see gas needle moving south. With gas heading to $5, its a chunk. Not a very fuel efficient engine unfortunately. 7 speed auto not as smooth and my biggest complaint. Lots of complaints on the internet if you research. Jerky at times especially in traffic. It's not terrible but at this price point, we except smoother, silkier..... Bose stereo only average. Granted I am an audiophile but Bose here sounds low end. Muddy highs, mids and lows. Bose on my Audi far superior.