Used 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 Sedan model:

Impressed
By Bob

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in a 2009 Acura TL tech for the G37 and so far it has been a great choice. The TL is a very good car but it did not get me emotionally involved but was a pleasant car to drive. The TL tech is too complicated and has too much stuff and too many buttons. The G37 is truly remarkable and very fun and engaging to drive. It is nimble and very fast. I like the lines better and the interior is much better and more intuitive. I have the polished wood accents and just love it. Great car for the price and really exciting to drive and own!

Favorite Features

interior, size, handling and sound system

Suggested Improvements

front seat back is a little to firm, cup holders could be better, steering wheel could be thicker

Zero problems after 6,000 miles
By Busterbrown

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my G37 for 3 months and have put 6,000 miles on it, which includes a 4,000mile /20 day trip, of spirited driving. It has had zero problems to date. I'm very happy with the 28.5 mpg I have averaged doing 75 on the highway. I found the car to be very comfortable and was able to pack a lot more luggage then I imagined would fit in a car this size.

Favorite Features

Handling/power/braking/comfort/voice activated systems/xenon headlights/bluetooth/key-less operation/7-speed automatic(great for highway cruising)

Suggested Improvements

The AC will cool the car down very fast, but it seems like I have to adjust the auto system more then any other car I've driven. Would have liked DRL, but the G doesn't come with them in the USA. I don't like the forward tilting head rests.

Simply Perfect
By 2Infiniti

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The trick to this car is to get it Fully Loaded to maximize your driving enjoyment: Premium, NAV, Sport, Tech, Spec-R brakes, 9 spoke wheels and various other Infiniti offered accessories! All that adds up to a 48k G37, but it's still almost 11k less than a comparably equipped and less powerful 3 series or other European sedan. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic vehicle without these options, and people have to purchase within their respective budgets, but I often hear complaints that may have been remedied buy the selection of certain option packages. The bottom line is that it can't be beaten when you look beyond price and look to quality, refinement, power, fun and prestige.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Show tire pressure numbers on nav info screen (as on the QX), add air conditioned seats (had that on my 2000 SAAB 9'5 AERO!) fix the way the middle consoles open! LOL! add all around view camera (like the EX) and please, please add power folding mirrors! Not available on any G! but is standard on BMW

New G Owner
By Bravo1

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased a G37 Journey with Premium, Navigation and Sports Package. With the sports package the ride is firm but never harsh; but some people will probably want a slightly more compliant ride. Cornering limits are very high, but the car is easily upset by uneven pavement so the car can feel a little nervous. On smooth pavement this car performs flawlessly, with good grip, braking and acceleration. The transmission with the rev matching feels a little awkward at first but you quickly get use to it. Car is definitely happier at speed than just taking it easy. Overall fit and finish appears to be high and the car is quite comfortable to ride around in. Feature content is through the roof

Favorite Features

Rear view camera with guidance, high resolution navigation screen, sports seats with adjustable bolsters, acceleration, braking, smooth pavement cornering. Aggressive good looks and value are very high on the list. Sports package for any enthusiast is a must; huge brakes and a limited slip make it so

Suggested Improvements

A little more uneven pavement cornering compliance, ability to disable XM weather updates, better fuel economy, adjustable mode automatic transmission so you could disable rev matching, ability to manually override voice recognition at any stage. Most of my complaints are really just being picky.

Great car so far.
By TFM

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The G37, for my taste, fits the bill perfectly, as far as exterior style, interior room, handling, performance, tech features, reliability and price. I was going to get the sport version, but after driving a non-sport, thought the sport would be too firm a ride for my likes. I've only put 700 miles on it to date. Everything has worked perfectly so far. I will be taking a 3,800 mile trip in 6 weeks. Then I should be able to put a better review in.

Favorite Features

Music box that will hold almost 2,000 songs. Nav. system. Back up camera that shows you in advance where the car will go as you turn the steering wheel. Xenon headlights. Being able to leave the key in my pocket. Performance and handling. Voice recognition system.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seats. Power lumbar. A bit more compliant ride for the non-sport models. Larger trunk opening. I've read a lot of complaints on how easy the front paint chips, so I had a clear bra put on.