Used 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 Sedan model:

After almost 3 years
By seegee37

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

It's almost 3 years since we bought our G, and we have no regrets. Other than routine servicing, it's only been in for three TB's - one for transmission (it worked), navigation (another story), and the rear passenger window air leak (caused wind noise at speed - corrected). The initial enthusiasm for the navigation system waned as we regularly were directed to non-existent destinations (such as restaurants in the middle of established residential areas). This is a poor data issue that Infiniti refused to address. The fuel economy (mainly highway) has consistently amazed us - even at 75 mph we average 26-27.

Favorite Features

Power, fuel economy, highway ride, technology, and exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is the only negative, and Infinitis' refusal to address the poor data issue.

Beyond the Looks, the Car Lacks
By jisaac1

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After a few Honda Accords, an Acura TL, and BMW 325i I was excited to take my 2010 G37 Journey with tech and navi packages home. But that is where I am most comfortable in the this car, at home. Trany is rough in auto or sport - dealer, after a few visits cannot identify the problem. Downshifts are unreliable and harsh. Interior noise is not what I would expect; wind, road, and tire noise is louder than it should. Paint quality is poor. Just passed 10k miles and examining the hood would make you think it has many more miles. I keep it washed weekly, waxed every 60 days, and you wouldn't know it.

Favorite Features

The toys are not bad. Navigation is decent (except the limitations of programming only when stopped). Sound system is fair, the music box is a neat toy and has come in handy. A/C in the Florida sun has performed well. Would have liked the seat heaters to be spread in more than just the very center and low portions of the seat, but living in Florida that is not too much of an issue for me.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission, improve paint quality, work on cabin noise, use higher-quality interior materials, and allow the rear seats to fold. The service department at my closest dealer (Lokey Infiniti) could stand some customer service work in their service department and the after sales help from Infiniti of Tampa was also poor when I wanted to have some problems addressed. Without significant changes in the car, this will be my last Infiniti.

6 months later.....
By captivemind

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Excellent overall. It balances handling, comfort and exceptional value. I looked at all the usual suspects. 3 series, C-Class, Acura, Lexus and found the G37 to represent the best of all these brands. 3.7liter is a rocket on wheels, precision handling when pushed and comfortable in city driving. Exceptional navigation system, very easy use with both voice command and touchscreen. Great driving position. I have about 4k miles and its been very reliable compared to my 2008 Audi A6. Service costs are very reasonable. Good long distance cruiser. Like BMW and Mercedes, G37s are built on independent rear wheel drive platform unlike Lexus ES and Acura TL.

Favorite Features

3.7 liter engine, suspension, great steering, seats, navigation system, heated seats, rear view camera, quality of leather seating, rear wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

Terrible gas mileage. During a recent service run, dealership said I was only getting between 13 -15 city. Claims should improve after 10k miles to about 16. In city driving, I can literally see gas needle moving south. With gas heading to $5, its a chunk. Not a very fuel efficient engine unfortunately. 7 speed auto not as smooth and my biggest complaint. Lots of complaints on the internet if you research. Jerky at times especially in traffic. It's not terrible but at this price point, we except smoother, silkier..... Bose stereo only average. Granted I am an audiophile but Bose here sounds low end. Muddy highs, mids and lows. Bose on my Audi far superior.

Best of the four
By SeeGee37

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is our 4th Infiniti since 1997 (two I30s, G35 and now G37). It is by far the best of the four - I can't believe I'm getting the same fuel economy as the 2000 I30 with 227 HP and better than the G35 with 260 HP. Still new to the area, so the Nav system helps and is the best one seen to date. I love the fact that I have all my music on a USB stick and can use it with the system (no Ipod yet). Did I mention the heart rate when I step on the gas? Or corner, or stop fast? I love this car!

Favorite Features

Power, fuel economy, highway ride, technology, and exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Still a bit noisy inside (may be an adjustment required to moonroof) - trunk and back seat seem smaller than our G35.

Very good, but not great
By DB from NC

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is a very good car with strong acceleration. The packages are well designed and standard equipment is good. My biggest gripe is with the 7-speed transmission which is jerky between gears 1-4 (apparently a known issue). At highway speeds it's a gem. The stock seats, while comfortable, are just not right for this car. I would seriously consider the sports package just for the unique seats and greater "snug" factor.

Favorite Features

-Acceleration -Exterior design -Interior layout

Suggested Improvements

-Fix the transmission issues (7spd AT) -Incorporate the "sport" seats as standard -Recalibrate the speed-sensitive steering. It's over compensated for at low speeds.