2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan 3.7L V6 7-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Journey Sedan (3.7L V6 7-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific G37 Sedan model:
After almost 3 years
By seegee37 on 08/12/13 12:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

It's almost 3 years since we bought our G, and we have no regrets. Other than routine servicing, it's only been in for three TB's - one for transmission (it worked), navigation (another story), and the rear passenger window air leak (caused wind noise at speed - corrected). The initial enthusiasm for the navigation system waned as we regularly were directed to non-existent destinations (such as restaurants in the middle of established residential areas). This is a poor data issue that Infiniti refused to address. The fuel economy (mainly highway) has consistently amazed us - even at 75 mph we average 26-27.

Beyond the Looks, the Car Lacks
By jisaac1 on 03/21/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After a few Honda Accords, an Acura TL, and BMW 325i I was excited to take my 2010 G37 Journey with tech and navi packages home. But that is where I am most comfortable in the this car, at home. Trany is rough in auto or sport - dealer, after a few visits cannot identify the problem. Downshifts are unreliable and harsh. Interior noise is not what I would expect; wind, road, and tire noise is louder than it should. Paint quality is poor. Just passed 10k miles and examining the hood would make you think it has many more miles. I keep it washed weekly, waxed every 60 days, and you wouldn't know it.

6 months later.....
By captivemind on 12/31/10 23:30 PM (PST)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Excellent overall. It balances handling, comfort and exceptional value. I looked at all the usual suspects. 3 series, C-Class, Acura, Lexus and found the G37 to represent the best of all these brands. 3.7liter is a rocket on wheels, precision handling when pushed and comfortable in city driving. Exceptional navigation system, very easy use with both voice command and touchscreen. Great driving position. I have about 4k miles and its been very reliable compared to my 2008 Audi A6. Service costs are very reasonable. Good long distance cruiser. Like BMW and Mercedes, G37s are built on independent rear wheel drive platform unlike Lexus ES and Acura TL.

Best of the four
By SeeGee37 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is our 4th Infiniti since 1997 (two I30s, G35 and now G37). It is by far the best of the four - I can't believe I'm getting the same fuel economy as the 2000 I30 with 227 HP and better than the G35 with 260 HP. Still new to the area, so the Nav system helps and is the best one seen to date. I love the fact that I have all my music on a USB stick and can use it with the system (no Ipod yet). Did I mention the heart rate when I step on the gas? Or corner, or stop fast? I love this car!

Very good, but not great
By DB from NC on 09/08/10 18:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is a very good car with strong acceleration. The packages are well designed and standard equipment is good. My biggest gripe is with the 7-speed transmission which is jerky between gears 1-4 (apparently a known issue). At highway speeds it's a gem. The stock seats, while comfortable, are just not right for this car. I would seriously consider the sports package just for the unique seats and greater "snug" factor.

Impressed
By Bob on 08/13/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in a 2009 Acura TL tech for the G37 and so far it has been a great choice. The TL is a very good car but it did not get me emotionally involved but was a pleasant car to drive. The TL tech is too complicated and has too much stuff and too many buttons. The G37 is truly remarkable and very fun and engaging to drive. It is nimble and very fast. I like the lines better and the interior is much better and more intuitive. I have the polished wood accents and just love it. Great car for the price and really exciting to drive and own!

Zero problems after 6,000 miles
By Busterbrown on 07/11/10 08:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my G37 for 3 months and have put 6,000 miles on it, which includes a 4,000mile /20 day trip, of spirited driving. It has had zero problems to date. I'm very happy with the 28.5 mpg I have averaged doing 75 on the highway. I found the car to be very comfortable and was able to pack a lot more luggage then I imagined would fit in a car this size.

Simply Perfect
By 2Infiniti on 06/15/10 19:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The trick to this car is to get it Fully Loaded to maximize your driving enjoyment: Premium, NAV, Sport, Tech, Spec-R brakes, 9 spoke wheels and various other Infiniti offered accessories! All that adds up to a 48k G37, but it's still almost 11k less than a comparably equipped and less powerful 3 series or other European sedan. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic vehicle without these options, and people have to purchase within their respective budgets, but I often hear complaints that may have been remedied buy the selection of certain option packages. The bottom line is that it can't be beaten when you look beyond price and look to quality, refinement, power, fun and prestige.

New G Owner
By Bravo1 on 04/07/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased a G37 Journey with Premium, Navigation and Sports Package. With the sports package the ride is firm but never harsh; but some people will probably want a slightly more compliant ride. Cornering limits are very high, but the car is easily upset by uneven pavement so the car can feel a little nervous. On smooth pavement this car performs flawlessly, with good grip, braking and acceleration. The transmission with the rev matching feels a little awkward at first but you quickly get use to it. Car is definitely happier at speed than just taking it easy. Overall fit and finish appears to be high and the car is quite comfortable to ride around in. Feature content is through the roof

Great car so far.
By TFM on 04/06/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The G37, for my taste, fits the bill perfectly, as far as exterior style, interior room, handling, performance, tech features, reliability and price. I was going to get the sport version, but after driving a non-sport, thought the sport would be too firm a ride for my likes. I've only put 700 miles on it to date. Everything has worked perfectly so far. I will be taking a 3,800 mile trip in 6 weeks. Then I should be able to put a better review in.