2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Consumer Review: 12 month review

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe - Consumer Review

Sport Coupe (3.7L V6 6-speed Manual)

12 month review
By westlake_atx on

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned the G37S for 12 months. It is a great looking vehicle and I think the interior is well laid out and high quality for the price. I have several complaints about this car (see below), but probably the biggest is that the handling is not really what I expected from a sporty coupe. I'm guessing I would be happier in the 370Z, but I need the backseat. Really not a bad car, however, it is not the real luxury value that I expected for $39K. I guess you get what you pay for. That said, I would warn anyone coming from Lexus, BMW or Mercedes to understand that this vehicle is not in the same league as far as luxury. Nor, does it drive nearly as sporty as it appears.

Great layout and interior quality Exterior looks terrific The LCD display and Nav are excellent. Stereo is above average with the premium sound. Nice power band in fourth gear.

Clutch mechanism is awful - be warned. Dealer recommends 4 oil changes/year - spending a lot of time at the shop. Plus, I have made 3 additional trip for a "check engine light" issue. Seats are not that comfortable although they are well bolstered. First gear is disappointing and the engine is not very refined. Handling is disappointing when pushing the car. Seems to be too much weight in the back end. Awful gas mileage - averaging 15.9/mpg in mostly city driving. Too many Nissan parts