Used 2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 Coupe model:

Love my G
By Barry Harper

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought it new at the end of 2010 . I'm retired so I played with it, K&N tubes and Magna flow exhaust . Sounds great after putting drone tubes on and goes great . Love the car .

Loud brakes and Horrible Interior
By ulsandy

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe x 2dr Coupe AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Third time Infiniti buyer and third time was NOT the charm. My car has been in the shop 5 times in the first 14 months of ownership for brake noise. Noise loud enough to be heard inside the house when I enter/exit the driveway. Excuse after excuse from the dealer with no real resolution. First it was a pin, then a hose and now a spring. I have to fight to get them to reproduce every single time. I've been told "they squeak when they're cold" then "they squeak when they're hot" and finally "it's not a safety issue". Opened a case with customer service. What a joke. Called 4 times now, twice spoke to the rep and twice left messages. Not a single thing done as a result of case opened.

It sure does *look* like a nice car from the outside. Hey, I'm low on miles because the stupid car is in the shop all the time..

Better quality interior. Believe your customers when they tell you something is wrong with the car. Admit there's a problem with the 2011 brakes just like the 2008-2011 G's.

12 month review
By westlake_atx

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned the G37S for 12 months.
It is a great looking vehicle and I think the interior is well laid out and high quality for the price.

I have several complaints about this car (see below), but probably the biggest is that the handling is not really what I expected from a sporty coupe.
I'm guessing I would be happier in the 370Z, but I need the backseat.

Really not a bad car, however, it is not the real luxury value that I expected for $39K.
I guess you get what you pay for.
That said, I would warn anyone coming from Lexus, BMW or Mercedes to understand that this vehicle is not in the same league as far as luxury.
Nor, does it drive nearly as sporty as it appears.

Great layout and interior quality Exterior looks terrific The LCD display and Nav are excellent. Stereo is above average with the premium sound. Nice power band in fourth gear.

Clutch mechanism is awful - be warned. Dealer recommends 4 oil changes/year - spending a lot of time at the shop. Plus, I have made 3 additional trip for a "check engine light" issue. Seats are not that comfortable although they are well bolstered. First gear is disappointing and the engine is not very refined. Handling is disappointing when pushing the car. Seems to be too much weight in the back end. Awful gas mileage - averaging 15.9/mpg in mostly city driving. Too many Nissan parts

2nd G37 coupe in 2 years
By Kat

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2009 G37X coupe as I was displeased with its performance (no sport package). The S coupe has improved performance but I'm puzzled over the persistent surge in rpm during braking. My guess is that it is the rev matching (failure in system level testing to evaluate this situation or code for it), but it has led to some unsettling moments while stopping or while slowing down on steep mountain roads with curves. Overall I'm pleased - walked away from purchasing a 335is that I loved due to the value for the dollar of the G. Nothing else in the price range appealed to me.

Engine, high content in the options package for the dollar, beautiful interior, fantastic sports seats, excellent and easy to operate electronics (see that BMW?), stands out in a crowd, fun to drive but low insurance rates

Fix the braking surge! Hated the clutch on the manual, improve aerodynamics - car gets loose in crosswinds - suggest lowering the car a bit, improve handling in fast transitions - stability control shouldn't be the prevention for snap oversteer. Also needs oil cooler option!!

GREAT RIDE!
By Herc95

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I previously owned a 2007 G37X Sedan. It was an awesome car, but I wanted something sportier that I could drive year round. The G37X Coupe provides that and more. This is one great ride. It exudes class yet is a little hot rod. Top notch quality just like all Infiniti vehicles. I would highly recommend this car to those considering any other Luxury Sports car.

Quality. Design. Performance. Stereo system. Infiniti service is second to none.

Offer manual transmission as an option on more models. Perhaps a G37 Sport Coupe X option like the Sedan.