2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 Convertible model:
Product defect with convertible
By greg161 on 02/14/12 07:25 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, but Infiniti does not stand behind their service. Not worth buying because of service. I have had Much better service at other manufacturers dealership. Convertible has a defect. If you inadvertantly leave something in the trunk when trying to open the roof it dents the panels. A $100 garage door opener reverses itself if it senses something blocking it. You would think a $50,000 car would do the same. Infiniti says its your fault, so your new car will have two dents in it for using a standard feature of the car. (it my case it was the dealership who did something while servicing the roof top for a squeak. the rook squeaks. There is a service bulleting for it.

Great car, especially at the price
By priceisright on 08/22/11 09:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After test driving lots of convertibles (Audi A4, BMW 3-series, etc) I was focused on the BMW 335. In the end I couldn't get over the quality issues on the 335, and the G37 grew on me especially as I compared apples to apples price. Have had the car for 8 months now -- lots of fun. A couple of minor grips (have to pay attention to seat belt to keep from closing door on the buckle, top creaks and groans when shut, music juke box isn't as user friendly as it could be), but overall I'm still in love with the car. Two kids love it too -- it's a bit tight in the back seat, but they manage. Advice for buyers -- navigation definitely worth the money, tech package not so much.

Ok - not overly impressed
By tkogrady on 02/28/11 15:06 PM (PST)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had hoped to be blown away by this car. Infiniti has such a great reputation and I loved the car when I test drove it. But after having had it 9 months, I'm not overly impressed. The convertible has a lot of creeks and rattles. The Bose sound system has more limited sound and voice controls than I would have thought, and annoyingly inadequate navigation (If you load up the 30 megabyte hard drive on the car with music, you pretty much have to scroll through the music - no voice controls, you can't even skip to letters of the alphabet. Handles great. Paint scratches really easily.

Great Ride. Great car!
By Adman on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Had this beauty for one week. It just keeps getting better! Love the oomph engine provides. I feel like I can do most anything I desire driving wise. 2010 pricing was great. Compared it to BMW 3 series. Like the ride and drive of both, but the Bimmer's plain interior and circa-1980 orange dash lighting was bland and uninspiring. The G37 on the other hand is simply cool. Head turns from all who see it. Dash lighting is beautiful. Many options to play with on all accessories. Drive is smooth and compliant. Steering, sensational. The Edmunds model review is right on the mark.

Awesome Ride
By Ron in PC on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I pondered Lexus, MB, Audi, BMW convertibles. The G37 won my heart. Power, comfort, power, styling, power, technology, price, and yes, power. I have owned it now for 3 months. I am as pleased as the day I bought it. No problems and running like a top. Coast Infiniti was great too. Simple bottom line price and its closest competition, in my mind, was $6K more with less technology. If you decide on one, you won't be disappointed. The only criticism I would note is that the top is a little slow at 28 sec.

Nice car but
By Rori on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

First, let me say that I do love the car and its fun to drive. However: 1. There are a lot of rattle noises when you drive with the top up. 2. They have a "special filter" on the a/c that doesn't manage to filter out bad air just create a nice moldy smell in the interior. 3. Their service and warranty department is the pits. Even when there's an issue, like with the a/c filter, they won't fix it properly and they make you think you're crazy. I took this up to the regional level and they simply don't care. Overall, its a nice car but I'd never buy another Infiniti because of their service and warranty department.

Looks Great with the Top Down or Up
By ogar67 on 07/03/10 13:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Wanted a Hard Top Convertible took my time looked at BMW 335, Lexus IS350, and the Infiniti G37. Looked at the Audi A5 but it did not have a hard top so it was out. The BMW was a nice handling car but lacked the Audio System that the G37 had and I could not see the BMW as a car worth $9500 more then the G37 convertible. The Lexus IS350 to me looked more like a standard boxy convertible but it did have some nice luxury features but with the price same as the G37 the G37 won me over on the styling, looks great with the top up or down, the comfort features (stereo system, navigation, 325 hp)It's one great looking car and pictures don't do this car justice need to see in person.

Awesome!
By G P on 07/03/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I live in the NYC area and have 10-20 people comment on how beautiful this car is every day. Once I was driving in Manhattan and a professional photographer stopped me to take pics of the car. The number of people that have asked to take pictures with the car is astounding. It's like the Holy Grail. Even without the positive comments, I love this car! White/white, prem, nav, tech and $8k off sticker price ('09 purchased in 2010). I also own a Porsche Cayenne S. In the past 2 months, I've driven the G37 5500 miles and the Porsche 500 miles. Styling and performance were key to me and short of spending $150k+ this is the best convertible out.

LOVE the Anniversary Edition
By Sue on 06/11/10 21:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible Anniversary Edition 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've had this car for about 3 weeks now. I really do love the way this car handles. It handles sharp turns quite smoothly just like my 350Z. I feel as if I'm floating whenever I drive this car. Definitely smooth! The Anniversary Edition is absolutely gorgeous inside out. The red interior is amazing with the rosewood trim which adds a touch of class. I test drove the BMW 335i which is fun as well, but, the body style was not as intriguing as the G37. Plus, with a price sticker of 10K more with the features just shy of the G37 made it a no brainer decision for me. The overall drive of this vehicle is outstanding plus it's fun with the top up or down!

Everything Great BUT Blutooth Audio Qual
By NewInfinitiOwner on 05/31/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought the new 2010 G37 Convertible 3 months ago, overall love it and satisfied except for one major and 2 minor things. Bluetooth cell phone outgoing audio quality is non-usable (noisy) but incoming great. Also seat belt snaps annoying/pop off and driver floor mats slip off hooks daily. Overall driving, quality of car is excellent except for this items, but for the money the blue tooth should work (dealer saying SW issue, not mic and trying to fix). I went from Lexus 2 dr to this, and this is more fun to drive, handles better/quicker but not as luxurious as Lexus feel. Am getting 20+ mpg on convertible which is good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible in VA is:

$145 per month*