Used 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G37 Convertible model:

Product defect with convertible
By greg161

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, but Infiniti does not stand behind their service. Not worth buying because of service. I have had Much better service at other manufacturers dealership. Convertible has a defect. If you inadvertantly leave something in the trunk when trying to open the roof it dents the panels. A $100 garage door opener reverses itself if it senses something blocking it. You would think a $50,000 car would do the same. Infiniti says its your fault, so your new car will have two dents in it for using a standard feature of the car. (it my case it was the dealership who did something while servicing the roof top for a squeak. the rook squeaks. There is a service bulleting for it.

Favorite Features

They fix the roof sqeak under warranty. I asked what happens when the lub wears off, they said bring it in again. I asked what happens if I have to bring it in after the warranty expires. They said I would have to pay for it. I need to keep bringing the car in for squeaks as long as I own it?

Suggested Improvements

Put a sensor in the trunk like a simple $100 garage door opener has. Don't tell me I have to service the vehicle for roof sqeaks for the rest of it's life and pay for it. Get some quality control at your dealerships. The service is the worst I have ever experienced. You are better off with a different brand. I have (unfortunately) two inifinities. Because of service I will never buy another one again.

Great car, especially at the price
By priceisright

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After test driving lots of convertibles (Audi A4, BMW 3-series, etc) I was focused on the BMW 335. In the end I couldn't get over the quality issues on the 335, and the G37 grew on me especially as I compared apples to apples price. Have had the car for 8 months now -- lots of fun. A couple of minor grips (have to pay attention to seat belt to keep from closing door on the buckle, top creaks and groans when shut, music juke box isn't as user friendly as it could be), but overall I'm still in love with the car. Two kids love it too -- it's a bit tight in the back seat, but they manage. Advice for buyers -- navigation definitely worth the money, tech package not so much.

Favorite Features

Convertible (duh) Music juke box Acceleration Air conditioned seats (they really work well)

Suggested Improvements

Music Juke Box user interface (e.g., easier alpha search) Seat belt shoulder strap retainers (come unbuckled too easily)

Ok - not overly impressed
By tkogrady

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had hoped to be blown away by this car. Infiniti has such a great reputation and I loved the car when I test drove it. But after having had it 9 months, I'm not overly impressed. The convertible has a lot of creeks and rattles. The Bose sound system has more limited sound and voice controls than I would have thought, and annoyingly inadequate navigation (If you load up the 30 megabyte hard drive on the car with music, you pretty much have to scroll through the music - no voice controls, you can't even skip to letters of the alphabet. Handles great. Paint scratches really easily.

Favorite Features

Accerleration, styling, interior materials and layout.

Suggested Improvements

Put a sensor in the retractable roof to stop it of something is blocking it. Re-think the audio interface - my aftermarket Pioneer stereo has more functionality at a fraction of the price. I found it odd that you can get air conditioned seats on the hardtop, but not on the sport version of the convertible where you would really want them. A lot of creak and gasket rubbing creates annoying background noise that I didn't expect.

Great Ride. Great car!
By Adman

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Had this beauty for one week. It just keeps getting better! Love the oomph engine provides. I feel like I can do most anything I desire driving wise. 2010 pricing was great. Compared it to BMW 3 series. Like the ride and drive of both, but the Bimmer's plain interior and circa-1980 orange dash lighting was bland and uninspiring. The G37 on the other hand is simply cool. Head turns from all who see it. Dash lighting is beautiful. Many options to play with on all accessories. Drive is smooth and compliant. Steering, sensational. The Edmunds model review is right on the mark.

Favorite Features

Interior cockpit. Navigation system. Bose sound. Folding mirrors. Wow factor.

Suggested Improvements

Range and fuel gauges do not reset automatically. Wish they did. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.

Awesome Ride
By Ron in PC

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I pondered Lexus, MB, Audi, BMW convertibles. The G37 won my heart. Power, comfort, power, styling, power, technology, price, and yes, power. I have owned it now for 3 months. I am as pleased as the day I bought it. No problems and running like a top. Coast Infiniti was great too. Simple bottom line price and its closest competition, in my mind, was $6K more with less technology. If you decide on one, you won't be disappointed. The only criticism I would note is that the top is a little slow at 28 sec.

Favorite Features

Power, a/c seats, convertible top

Suggested Improvements

speed of top, double setting for top up and top down for climate control, auto tinting side mirrors.