Used 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Exactly what I wanted and more
By av125009

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got this car to replace a totalled '02 bmw 325xi. Shopping for cars was a real disappointment, everything was either too underpowered or too expensive. Infiniti's value blew me away; I test drove a 2008 g35 and bought it later that day. Sure, the Germans make a smoother ride, but the g35 is quicker. The 306HP V6 is a blast to drive and its interior is feature rich and well designed. The nav system is very intuitive and well designed, especially the steering wheel controls. Rear wheel drive gives it a great sporty feel but is useless in the snow without proper tires. The gas mileage is terrible, I get about 13 mpg in the city. oh well, its worth it.

Favorite Features

The infotainment/nav system. Its so good that Infiniti uses virtually the same one in their new models. Backup camera= Awesome. You can keep the key in your pocket at all times; it has a proximity sensor that unlocks the ignition when the key is in the car. I know the "sport mode" is kind of a cheesy feature but its a lot of fun on windy roads. If you take traction control off you can do a burnout; the best feature of the car is honestly the engine. The embroidered Infiniti logos on the leather seats and the silver trim give the interior some nice touches.

Suggested Improvements

I can be very picky about sound and the Bose system didn't really do it for me. It's not bad by any means, but its not mind blowing either. The "subwoofer" was punchy and lacked depth. Its other shortcomings were the standard complaints about bose. My suggested improvement is to install two 10" JL's which is what i did. having a proper sub in it was night and day in terms of sound quality.

First car
By cammmmmmm

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car for my 16th birthday and it is so much fun to drive. it has 130000k miles on it and it drives like its brand new. it is very fast and i constantly want to drive it.

Favorite Features

bose sound system is great, also i like the awd and snow mode.

Suggested Improvements

better finish on the steering wheel it rubs off way to easily.

my 2008 Infiniti G35
By saminhouston

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my infiniti it now has 128k miles on it. the car is immaculate, i love it, it has some flaws but im 20 yrs old so for me i think its perfect. i have the fully loaded package (tech & sport) but i have the journey model b/c in houston 99% of the time you wont have snow lol. ive always done maintenance on time, no problems what so ever not even one. I take care of my care so it takes care of me, 128k miles strong & im going to keep this car forever.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, bose "studio on wheels", navigation, voice command, horsepower 306 !, h.i.d headlights, moon roof i could go on and on lol

Suggested Improvements

car is narrow on the inside, car needs to be more fuel efficient car gets 17 mpg, i get 20.5, better paint finish (rocks chips peel the front bumper paint) cup holders to small, rims scratch too easy. interior fit/finish could be better (i.e. steering wheel paint chips)

My first real investment pays off...
By ebbandblow

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all, WOW. This car captured my eye from the moment I spotted it during my search for the best car in my price range. At first what really got me into it was it's stock 306hp V-6! And good thing because if it were not for it having a more powerful engine than the Acura TL Type S, I would have never even considered this car as an option. Now moving onto the inside (where I really fell in love with the car) you see a gorgeous speed/tach gauge setup with a barrage of buttons all with the perfect touch of accent lighting. Not to mention just about any tech feature you can fit into a sport sedan (even if you don't opt for the tech. package.) Continued below

Favorite Features

As for the trim on the inside, it is fantastic. You get perforated leather bucket seats in the front. And a darn comfortable rear leather bench seat for consideration to your passengers. The aluminum trim on the dash is just sexy, period. Basically, the interior is tops for a car in this price range. And last I give you the performance... hehehe. Let's just say, 0-60 no problem! 0-100 sure, why not?! Pass this guy doing 30 in a 60mph zone with a steady stream of cars zipping by on each side. Just look for a minor gap and hammer it down. You'll get in :) I'll be using the "Suggested improvements" section for more positives...

Suggested Improvements

As for the ride comfort, well my neck has been getting used to the power in this car so I have been straining a bit. I am used to a 93 honda accord so this is a HUGE step up. The seats are just wonderful though. You sort of mold into them when you get up to speed and it just feels, right. Then there is the cars handling. Even at high speeds this car just grips the road as if its life depends on it. And the steering is sharp and responsive but it will get very stiff when you get up to speed. So my advice, if you want a fun and sexy car, look no further. Turn your traction control off and enjoy the ride. Last thing, if you are heavy-set, DON'T get the sport package. The seats are very narrow.

Two Years Later & Would Do It Again!
By dbal72

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Two-year follow up on my 2008 G35xS. Have the "S" pckge which makes car even better. The "S" package is 18" beautiful wheels, different front facia, side rocker panel, paddle shifters, sport seats. Suspension stays same as stock which is nice blend for sport/comfort. Bought used and have owned two years and put on over 50k miles. ZERO problems with this car. Reliability has been rock-solid. Other than typical maintenance I have put nothing into this car. Have always owned Audi/VW and even though the Infiniti interior isn't quite the fit and finish of the Audi it is close. The AWD system in this car is flawless. Drives like RWD until you need the traction in snow/rain.

Favorite Features

Power and Acceleration BOSE on Wheels Studio w/ I-Pod Interface Back Up Camera Sport Seats Overall shape of the car AWD system and handling Xenon HID Headlights (Very Good Coverage) Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the CD Changer for more Trunk Space Make rear seats 40/60 split vs. pass through Better Hwy Gas Mileage (Already addressed in 2009 G37X with 7-Speed Auto vs. 5-Speed.