Used 2008 Infiniti G35 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Balance empitomized
By dustinson

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Balance. This car has it in almost every aspect. I love how it balances power, control, reliability, comfort, usability and value. It isn't the same as a coupe 6MT on a summer's day, but makes up for overall enjoyment, year-round. I wasn't able to find more bang for my buck. I previously had a 2007 G35 Coupe 6MT. It was Wonderful, but I needed a second AWD car for winter. Decided on the G35x for AWD, Power and 4drs (got kids!). Wife now drives it and loves it. I spend an hour in it every day and am thankful for every minute. I am a big fan of Infiniti's now. They do such an excellent job with their cars. They don't make them feel overly mechanical or disconnected.

Power. They built the car around this engine. Amazing. The comfort is great and the tech features are very nice. I enjoy the adaptive headlights and Intelligent Cruise Control. The AWD retains control over the elements. You feel very safe driving this car and don't feel like your are fighting it.

I would like to see a 6th gear in the AT to help increase fuel economy on the interstate. I cruise at 3,200 RPM. MPG is poor, but a price I'm willing to pay for this power.

G35 GOGOGO
By TonyBoston

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I Got this car in 2010,is fun to drive plenty HP, every I looked at it still fall in love with this baby G35X-S,nice sound system, As I know everyone notice gas mileage can't complained about it with 306 HP. Take a test drive G35 then you'll know what I mean.

With sport type you get 18'rim, and triptronic both shift and steering wheel.

Only thing I wish improved scan station at steering wheel.

Excellent Sport Machine
By Spankee

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car was purchased from my company for $10,000 less than blue book. I had my eye on a sports car, but with a luxury look. This was it. I had an Infiniti QX56, but with gas prices, I just could not afford to let the tags, insurance, and now gas eat away at my pocketbook. This car is fun to drive. This car is awesome. My G35 Sport has the automatic/manual/paddle shifters on the steering wheel which makes this car more fun to drive. The only thing is that since I drive this car fast, I wish it had a bigger gas tank.

Push start, security system, paint, style, drivability, interior cabin space, and everything else about the car.

Bigger gas tank.

WOW
By amspychalski

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car over a year and am still in that "new car love" with it. The 306 HP engine puts out TONS of power, so much it has turned me in to one of those people who speeds anywhere and everywhere. I have driven tons and tons of cars, and have never driven one this fast. As the dealer said, it is a sports car with a sedan body. The interior of the car is equally as stunning as the performance. All of the functions, including the navigation, are extremely easy to use. We love the iPod dock in the center console, as well as the ability to use an external flash drive to import music into the car's memory for playback. The seats are overly comfortable and roomy all around.

The performance of the car is amazing, as stated above. The handling is also amazing, and can easily make driving a heavy car on a windy road enjoyable. 18 inch wheels, period. Interior is stocked well with any feature you can possibly imagine. Paddle shifters + power = fun driving all around.

If I HAD to name any, it would be that gas mileage is mediocre at around 22 mpg - but what do you expect with a 306 HP v6? Obviously with tons of power on a RWD and a stiffer, sportier suspension, you will need tires sooner as well.

Couldn't be happier
By lovemyG

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I admit I'm biased, I wanted the G since I saw the first photos of the 2007 model. I waited out the lease on my previous vehicle, then searched for more than a month to find a 6spd Sport. I live in upstate NY and took delivery in late November at the start of snow season; after nearly 2 months, I have no regrets about buying RWD. A set of Blizzaks all around, plus VDC and a light touch on the throttle and clutch, and I haven't had a problem at all. The G is everything I wanted; stylish, sophisticated, RWD, 6MT, with all the tech gadgets I could ask for. A friend rode in it and commented "Nice, but not a BMW or Audi." Which is exactly why I bought it.

Styling, intoxicating power, 6 spd, RWD. Sport model when every other G I've seen has X AWD. After a proper and excruciating break-in period of 1300 mi, I regularly get 20.2 to 21.1 mpg mixed city/hwy. Mine is Ivory Pearl with tinted windows; turns heads everywhere I go.

Stereo is disappointing for a $39k car. Bluetooth phone operation is frustrating; my office calls are routed to my cell when I am traveling, but require me to press "1" after answering the call to fully connect. No way to access keypad after answering call in the car. Who needs 6CD with hard drive & MP3?