Used 2008 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Infiniti G35

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

It is a great mid-tier luxury performance vehicle
By T

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I made the best investment
By nadia

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was sketchy about the price but i test drove this car once and bought it the same day. I love everything about the car! Feels like I am in a grand luxury car whenever I drive it. I have leather seats and a sunroof which is great for the hot and humid Florida weather. The exhaust sounds like a bad ass (: when turning on and driving off with the car. The power is strong. Gas mileage is horrible, but listen to the other posts, its WORTH it ! The tire to road frequency is great. Tires grip the road beautifully. Boast and sound system is not that loud hearing music from the outside, but the inside sounds good. I get about 20-30 mpg on the hwy and about 19-20 on the road. I'm a female so I don't drive harshly or roughly. My car has black stripes and is silver and I get so much compliments from it. I have 99665 miles on it and it drives like new. Maintenance is so expensive that is a con! If u cannot afford it, don't buy an Infiniti! Repair is not a big issue because I have not replaced much yet except for my hoses and battery which is about 140 altogethor And that's it. After 100k drive belts and fluids are needed to be changed 8 years later and that's it. Hopefully it will last another decade. Brakes don't last very long and they are very expensive when u go to the dealer !!! But other then that once u drive you'll feel very confident with the car because its so perfect. I shoudlve gave the car interior three stars because the steering wheel chips and looks nasty so I put a cover on it and the doors are chipping and scratched on the drivers side so be gentle when it comes to cleaning products. Water works just fine. The seats are so perfect. I wipe them with water and that's it. They are so climate controlled but I think because its leather and thseres a switch to warm up that seats when its cold . A/C works beautifully . another con is that my car is sooooo low !!!! When going over bumps, u must be cautious because I could hear the scratching noise under the car! Even when going slowly. Thank god under the car has a covering. After I'm done financing I'm going for a q45 or q50 which is an extension of g35/37

8 year old G 35 gets stellar rating
By Jean Thomas

2008 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only 2 complaints-1.the Navigation system is substandard- but I use my iPhone maps app anyway and it is always good. 2. It takes premium gas which is a little more expensive but is totally worth it! The dealership support at West Houston Infinity is superb! All of the service managers and personnel are great and my advisor, Norman Issac is superb!

Infinity 2008 3.5 Sport
By G

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Exactly what I wanted and more
By av125009

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got this car to replace a totalled '02 bmw 325xi. Shopping for cars was a real disappointment, everything was either too underpowered or too expensive. Infiniti's value blew me away; I test drove a 2008 g35 and bought it later that day. Sure, the Germans make a smoother ride, but the g35 is quicker. The 306HP V6 is a blast to drive and its interior is feature rich and well designed. The nav system is very intuitive and well designed, especially the steering wheel controls. Rear wheel drive gives it a great sporty feel but is useless in the snow without proper tires. The gas mileage is terrible, I get about 13 mpg in the city. oh well, its worth it.

The infotainment/nav system. Its so good that Infiniti uses virtually the same one in their new models. Backup camera= Awesome. You can keep the key in your pocket at all times; it has a proximity sensor that unlocks the ignition when the key is in the car. I know the "sport mode" is kind of a cheesy feature but its a lot of fun on windy roads. If you take traction control off you can do a burnout; the best feature of the car is honestly the engine. The embroidered Infiniti logos on the leather seats and the silver trim give the interior some nice touches.

I can be very picky about sound and the Bose system didn't really do it for me. It's not bad by any means, but its not mind blowing either. The "subwoofer" was punchy and lacked depth. Its other shortcomings were the standard complaints about bose. My suggested improvement is to install two 10" JL's which is what i did. having a proper sub in it was night and day in terms of sound quality.