Used 2007 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Infiniti G35

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

what's not to like?
By baldy10

2007 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my G35 for 7 years now but am getting the itch so before I bid it farewell I owe it to Infinity to say thanks. This has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, nimble, firm but not a teeth shaker and yet with a backseat that's sufficient for our three kids. Sport sedan label fits this one perfectly The only repair we've had to make was an A/C compressor that went out a few months ago. I had my ECM flashed early on and that took care of the touchy throttle response. I really think my '07 looked better than the later models. Now the M50 is coming out but that pricetag will be too high for me. The G35 was the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and value.

Favorite Features

Plenty of speed and acceleration. Love the RWD. Decent rear leg room - much better than Lexus had.

Suggested Improvements

Only gripe on the interior is the rubber coated armrests continually lose the coating, revealing an ugly gray plastic underneath. Infinity replaced them 3 times under warranty. Should have saved the last ones to put on just before I sell it. Will probably get a body shop to pull them off and paint them with something more durable.

Poor interior quality
By nsube001

2007 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car's dashboard is cracking and the edges are warping which I can only imagine is because of the poor quality materials used to put it together. The handles and steering wheel buttons are all peeling, this is very disappointing I would have imagined a well-maintained "luxury" vehicle would have lasted. Would have spend my money elsewhere! Infiniti consumer affairs is a joke and offer no resolution.

Suggested Improvements

improve the quality of dashboard and its interior upholstery in general! Also better paint jobs! it's ridiculous how the paint is chipping so easily

Great car. Had a few warranty repairs
By viper077

2007 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2 major repairs that dealerships could never duplicate. Repaired by Infiniti of Marietta, Ga Repair @85k miles (Noticeable around 54k miles): Problem: Transmission jerked after shifting into 3rd gear [Between 25-30 mph]. Solution: Value body assembly inside transmission replaced. Failure in valve body pressures caused shutter. Parts: Value Assy Control (31705-jk60e); Gasket Oil Pan (31397-90X00); Matic S Auto Transmi (999MP-MTS00P) Repair @ 96k miles (Noticeable around 85k miles) Problem: While in drive & sitting @ a red light, the idle would drop & raise. Solution: Throttle body. Parts: Chamber Assy Throttl (16119-JK20C), Chamber Assy Throttl (16119-JK20D), Gasket Adapter (16175-jk21A)

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, A/V adapter inside center console to connect my cell phone to the radio, satellite radio, amazing stereo (strong speakers and great treble/bass balance, clarity), comfortable ride, sufficient acceleration, Honda Accord reliability. If you want luxury with a great value and price, there's no other car to consider.

Suggested Improvements

2007 model - The paint on the door handles comes off and is covered by factory warranty, up to 60k miles, but the dealership will never tell you. No other suggestions. Great car.

Awesome driving experience!
By chiro2445

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First off I must say I came up from a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM to this amazing 2007 G35 S. Simply put, the car is fast! The responsiveness of this vehicle is amazing. The active steer assist makes maneuvering at high speeds much easier although it can be a tad bit artificial. Steering at lower speeds give great feedback and feel. The sport package make ride comfort a bit hard and tight, but it's way better than a 99 Pontiac Grand AM lol! The exterior styling is sleek and smooth, plus the Bose sound system is crystal clear. I average 22 mpg on a daily basis and I'm driving about 55-60 mph average! Overall you get performance, luxury, and value!

Favorite Features

Paddle shifters, sunroof, sound system, leather seats, six disc cd changer, bluetooth, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

More adaptive suspension system. Quieter engine with increased rpms.

Best car I have ever owned!
By car46guy

2007 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned this car for a few days. I came across a used, 2007, with 35k miles. All I can say is this is the best car I have ever owned...Great looks, insanely fast, built like a tank and handles like a race car. Driving at night I feel like I'm flying a plane - the interior lighting is great. This car is rock solid and feels like it's on rails. I'm still getting used to all of the techno gear and will report back.

Favorite Features

Seating is great, quality of interior, controls, 300+ HP engine!...transmission is smooth, keyless entry, I have the wood interior option which adds a touch of class. I can't say enough good things.

Suggested Improvements

Interior paint issues with door pulls, exterior paint on nose/bumper tends to pit, bose system is totally lame, big let down. The best Bose system I've heard was in my 95 maxima, my mini van with a jbl system is much better. I can't get the blue tooth to work. Back seat is tight, not much foot/knee space with front seats back. I assumed it would have the same amt of space as my old maxima (i had two) but it's actually tighter.