Used 2007 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Fun to drive, not an everyday driver
By Will

2007 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car runs great and has excellent acceleration. Unfortunately I've only had the car 4 months and had to replace both passenger and driver power window motors.

9 Years of Trouble-free Fun
By Sizarro

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where to start? We bought the 2007 G35x when it first came out. A bit of a risk for a significant G model generation change, but, it proved to be rewarding. The 300+ hp will leave most cars gasping when you want to hit the accelerator. The 5-spd sport stick is absolutely the sweet spot on a car this powerful (remember, the faster the track car, the LESS gears they require). The newer 7 speeds are a gimmick. The in-dash compact flash card (only year provided) is awesome (all of my music is on it and yes I download it all). I am pretty tough on a car and this G35x has held up. I do my own maintenance and it has been minimal. Oil changes, tire rotations, and brakes is about it. With nearly 100k miles on it, it has served me well. So well, that I simply plan on keeping it even though I can afford a new car. But why? This thing drives as good as anything out there. The only issue I have had are two: 1. This car likes to drink fuel. Despite the 25mpg avg, I would say I get closer to 19mpg. 2. Although the tires have worn remarkably well for an AWD vehicle (still on the 2nd set), my right front wheel shows signs of inside tire cupping (and subsequent road noise). I plan to put another set of tires on it and get the front end checked out; hopefully that takes care of that problem. Otherwise, I love the car. The only reason for considering a new car is for some of the new technology that is out there such as blind spot monitoring and the 360 degree vision view (the 4 cameras). Otherwise, I'm good. Nissan's VQ engine won Ward's Automotive Award for about 10 years straight and this engine has performed flawlessly. I suspect I'll need to change plugs soon, but, for now, it still runs like new (10 years later). For what it's worth, I am a Toyota man and have had Toyota trucks most of my life as well. You can't go wrong with the Toyota/Lexus line either (although they have had some lemons like the IS250 direct port injection issue). Infiniti/Nissan did a nice job with this car and I think the 2007 was the best year for reliability when you consider the transmission in this car (I'd want nothing more than 5 gears mated to this engine). By the way, I drive almost exclusively in tiptronic (sport shift) mode and have not had any issues (I don't change trans fluids either; that's usually when trouble starts).

Premium Gas cost has become a big negative!
By Jack Russell

2007 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pro's: driver & front passenger comfort, performance, styling, technology package, engine, transmission, air conditioning have been very reliable, backup camera, excellent control on rainy wet roads. Cons: trunk design and space, rear seat room and comfort, under sized brakes for performance capability of car, premium gas which is now a $.70 - $.90 penalty per gallon or added $15.00 cost per fill up, no USB PORTS in car, radio selection and programming is difficult, GPS upgrades unrealistically expensive, no one at any dealer has ever been able to explain how to use the SD media chip with the hard drive, front wheel bearings have failed along with both front left and right axle joint boots, have had electrical problems with right front lighting exceeding $1,200.00. Also have experienced increased road noise after 75,000 miles.

what's not to like?
By baldy10

2007 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my G35 for 7 years now but am getting the itch so before I bid it farewell I owe it to Infinity to say thanks. This has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, nimble, firm but not a teeth shaker and yet with a backseat that's sufficient for our three kids. Sport sedan label fits this one perfectly The only repair we've had to make was an A/C compressor that went out a few months ago. I had my ECM flashed early on and that took care of the touchy throttle response. I really think my '07 looked better than the later models. Now the M50 is coming out but that pricetag will be too high for me. The G35 was the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and value.

Plenty of speed and acceleration. Love the RWD. Decent rear leg room - much better than Lexus had.

Only gripe on the interior is the rubber coated armrests continually lose the coating, revealing an ugly gray plastic underneath. Infinity replaced them 3 times under warranty. Should have saved the last ones to put on just before I sell it. Will probably get a body shop to pull them off and paint them with something more durable.

Poor interior quality
By nsube001

2007 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car's dashboard is cracking and the edges are warping which I can only imagine is because of the poor quality materials used to put it together. The handles and steering wheel buttons are all peeling, this is very disappointing I would have imagined a well-maintained "luxury" vehicle would have lasted. Would have spend my money elsewhere! Infiniti consumer affairs is a joke and offer no resolution.

improve the quality of dashboard and its interior upholstery in general! Also better paint jobs! it's ridiculous how the paint is chipping so easily

• SUV