2007 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
what's not to like?
By baldy10 on 07/07/14 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my G35 for 7 years now but am getting the itch so before I bid it farewell I owe it to Infinity to say thanks. This has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, nimble, firm but not a teeth shaker and yet with a backseat that's sufficient for our three kids. Sport sedan label fits this one perfectly The only repair we've had to make was an A/C compressor that went out a few months ago. I had my ECM flashed early on and that took care of the touchy throttle response. I really think my '07 looked better than the later models. Now the M50 is coming out but that pricetag will be too high for me. The G35 was the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and value.

Poor interior quality
By nsube001 on 05/08/14 07:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car's dashboard is cracking and the edges are warping which I can only imagine is because of the poor quality materials used to put it together. The handles and steering wheel buttons are all peeling, this is very disappointing I would have imagined a well-maintained "luxury" vehicle would have lasted. Would have spend my money elsewhere! Infiniti consumer affairs is a joke and offer no resolution.

Great car. Had a few warranty repairs
By viper077 on 11/11/12 09:33 AM (PST)

2007 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2 major repairs that dealerships could never duplicate. Repaired by Infiniti of Marietta, Ga Repair @85k miles (Noticeable around 54k miles): Problem: Transmission jerked after shifting into 3rd gear [Between 25-30 mph]. Solution: Value body assembly inside transmission replaced. Failure in valve body pressures caused shutter. Parts: Value Assy Control (31705-jk60e); Gasket Oil Pan (31397-90X00); Matic S Auto Transmi (999MP-MTS00P) Repair @ 96k miles (Noticeable around 85k miles) Problem: While in drive & sitting @ a red light, the idle would drop & raise. Solution: Throttle body. Parts: Chamber Assy Throttl (16119-JK20C), Chamber Assy Throttl (16119-JK20D), Gasket Adapter (16175-jk21A)

Awesome driving experience!
By chiro2445 on 08/17/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First off I must say I came up from a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM to this amazing 2007 G35 S. Simply put, the car is fast! The responsiveness of this vehicle is amazing. The active steer assist makes maneuvering at high speeds much easier although it can be a tad bit artificial. Steering at lower speeds give great feedback and feel. The sport package make ride comfort a bit hard and tight, but it's way better than a 99 Pontiac Grand AM lol! The exterior styling is sleek and smooth, plus the Bose sound system is crystal clear. I average 22 mpg on a daily basis and I'm driving about 55-60 mph average! Overall you get performance, luxury, and value!

Best car I have ever owned!
By car46guy on 03/28/12 07:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned this car for a few days. I came across a used, 2007, with 35k miles. All I can say is this is the best car I have ever owned...Great looks, insanely fast, built like a tank and handles like a race car. Driving at night I feel like I'm flying a plane - the interior lighting is great. This car is rock solid and feels like it's on rails. I'm still getting used to all of the techno gear and will report back.

Best bang for the buck
By rfojr on 02/25/12 07:04 AM (PST)

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife had great success with an older I30 so I decided to try the G35S. Not disappaointed at all! The car is a blast to drive and I look forward to it everytime I climb in. Compared this to the BMW 535 and although the BMW felt a little better when pushing towards the limits, the extra $20k was too hard to ignore. Also compared the Acura TL but the front wheel drive was a deal killer not to mention the TL did not have the zip or handling. The G did gobble up the OEM tires but that was thanks to my right foot. I enjoyed every bit of it too!

Whats with the nay sayers???
By rebrth on 08/13/11 00:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really dont understand some of you peoples gripes about this car. Tires and brakes worn out in less than a yr? Averaging 14mpg? Well how about you slow it down. Thats whats you can expect when your flooring it every time your behind the wheel. Even one person that complained about everything in regards to how the car looked inside. Well then why did you buy it. The appearance didnt change after you made your purchase did it? Quality on this car is top notch, its a nissan made vehicle of course. The ride feels extremely stable in all maneuvers. Yeah the average of about 18 to 20 mpg is a bit on the low side but when your pushing out 306hp what do you expect?

AWD car just in time for the 2011 snow storm
By thabg007 on 01/27/11 16:04 PM (PST)

2007 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car on a sat in Jan in place of my 2000 Nissan maxima, 4 days later a big storm hit while I was at work, when I got off a pile of snow was in front of my car from the snow plow, in my old car I would have to dig out first, but in this I just pressed snow mode and drove right through it like it was nothing then got up the hill again old car would have struggled, on the back road that I have to use to get to work a small tree was down drove over it slowly, felt like a speed bump, then a neighborhood that was unplowed I drove in it like it was nothing, my first AWD car and I love it, the main reason for getting this car other then it has the look and feel like its cousin Nissan

Performance over Comfort
By infinitissues on 12/20/10 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Noisy vehicle for both tires and engine versus BMW smooth competitors. Very powerful and fast, and strong value for the money. Big tradeoffs of comfort versus noise - also expensive to fuel based on MPG + requirement of premium fuel. Interior build had issues, well known threads on interior door pull "peel" issues for finish that Infiniti dealer & corporate customer service refused to cover during warrenty period. Leather also wore poorly. Came in a fan to this vehicle, but it's all power over comfort / quality. Trunk, compartments, and passenger area all feel cramped for space. Very rough ride on sport model

Still Loving My G35
By ecollinsii on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been living with my 2007 G35 Sport sedan for several years and never tire of it. It's built like a rock and it's fast, capable, and just plain fun. The shift algorithm has figured out my driving style, and now does it all by itself in DS mode. It's the kind of car that you are happy to see every morning, and that you occasionally look back at just to enjoy how good it looks. Tires are always an issue with cars like this. I replaced the OEM Potenzas (which lasted 12000 miles) with Michelin Pilot Sport AS+ 235/45R18 fronts, 245/45R18 rears. Vastly improved ride, great handling, better wet performance and a 45000 mile tread wear warranty. I wouldn't give up this car for anything.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.