108K Miles Later... still a blast
By vissionaire on
2006 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased our G new off the lot nearly 6 years ago. Premium package, no nav. The car has been a rock and has survived our abuse and aged quite gracefully. No major repairs needed to date. Fuel consumption is probably the only major knock against the car, everything else is quite good. This car is my daily driver, and I drive it hard. I prefer sportiness over cush rides, but still like a bit of luxury so this car really fit the bill. The handling is excellent, the balance is good, and easy to know where the limits are. Now that the car has aged and the values have dropped quite a bit, I would suggest anyone looking for a fun daily driver or second semi-practical car to look into the G.
Favorite Features
I like that this vehicle shares a platform with the Nissan 350Z and the G35 coupe. As such, and if you are so inclined, you can swap some higher performance parts onto the sedan to create an even sportier frankenstein version using nothing but OEM parts. As it currently stands, our vehicle has the full 350Z suspension swapped into for a ~2" lower stance and sits on G35 coupe 19" forged wheels with high performance summer tires. It also has a 350Z HR y-pipe for some added grunt, 350Z intake tube, and G35 coupe rev-up intake air inlet. There are plenty of other non-OEM mods too, of course. All of this, plus daily high-rpm excitement, and the car has no major issues. Solid and reliable.
Suggested Improvements
There are a few minor quibbles with the car; I have some interior squeaks and rattles, but having sat in Mercedes and BMW's of similar age, those German cars in the same segment are far worse when it comes to aging. A car could always use a bit more power, which is fairly easy to acquire from a couple of modifications. The engine is also prone to heat soak, and noticeably loses a bit of power after running for extended periods of time. Fuel economy can always be improved.