Used 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

What a Car!!
By thevizkid

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As far as my driving experience with the car goes, stupendous. The G35 handles like magic. I've had instances where I have snaked the car through curvy, mountainous roads at speeds exceeding 65 mph, and have had no issues at all. The thrust this thing can produce can be overwhelming sometimes, say how about a very noticable acceleration when crupsing at 65mph. It feels like there is some stored power in there somewhere at times when you need that extra push! The only downside to this car is the winter weather driving. Being a rear wheel drive makes it a little rough sometimes. Also, it being a small, light car has some disadv especially with the wind.

Power, acceleration, style and handling = 10!!. This baby, is a true enthusiast car. If performance is not ALL you are looking at, concider this - price, resale value, 10k mile warranty and luxury service benefits. The 'bang for the buck' is high!

None at all. I just love the car the way it is except meybe something on the in car technology like integration with iPOD, improvements to the bluetooth (quality is poor now). More vehicle variables display, digital tire pressure indicator, etc.

Just OK
By gunmetalalloys

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great engine, looks. Sounds great from the outside, fairly quiet on the inside. Inside materials and fit/finish is poor (I've actually looked at the nooks of the interior). Placement of storage and cupholders ludicrous. Shift action vague, clutch uptake high, pedal placement not good for heel-toe. Most beautiful stock rims ever. Final word: great value for performance. Quality and ergonomics of nissans not what they should be but I still love it!

Engine, VDC off button, good range on remote, balanced weight distribution.

Quality of materials (2008 better, still not good enough). Tranny.

Year in Review
By Jay from BK

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my G coupe in December 2005 and am still in love with the car. Over the past year and a half I have noticed issues with build quality. There are many annoying rattles that have developed in the car that you hear over bumps. The sunroof creaks relentlessly and the interior plastics scratch too easily! Am still very satisfied with the cars performance though I do wish it had stronger pull. The car seems to lose steam in 4th and doesn't pull hard in 5th. The seats are still comfortable and the stereo has held up well so far. Bluetooth just stopped working two weeks ago! Paint is very soft, chips too easily.

Exhaust note, 1st-3rd gear acceleration, 2nd-3rd gear highway passing, exterior styling, reliability.

Stronger paint. Improve build quality of interior - should be fewer rattles for a car of this caliber. Front and rear parking sensors/camera. 350 hp. 18" wheels standard.

Still Lovin' It
By rainman

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Infiniti, but certainly not my last. Got the complete package with sport suspension etc. Rides a little rough, but the roads in Ohio leave a lot to be desired. Also, I opted for the suspension, so I can't complain. Have 8K miles on it and can't say enough. I thought it'd develop some rattles with the tight suspension, but nothing to date. No complaints so far. The car is fantastic to drive, looks like a million dollars, and has the "look-at-me" factor we all crave. My only concern is the summer tires. Can't drive in inclimate weather, and replacements cost over 2 grand! I hope they last for at least 15K miles.

Styling, comfort and build quality. Even with the automatic transmission, the throttle response is impressive. The exhaust sound is one of the best on the market.

None I can think of.

Best car out of Japan
By ducrider

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Coming from a 350z I had for 4 years, I wanted something more comfortable. I test drove the Lexus GS 430, Porsche Cayenne S and Audi A4 3.2 quattro. They were all nice, but were all lacking something. I just happened to see the G35c on the lot. After sitting in it, I knew it was the one. It was one of the most comfortable seats I ever sat in. The driveability of Nissan/Infiniti has always been top notch. They always provide the best driver feedback and the G35c was no different. It is so smooth to drive, there is nothing jerky about this car. You would swear you were in a full blown luxury car and it has a nice wad of power on tap. A perfect blend of luxury, power and class.

Rear wheel steering, 19" wheels.

Rear view camera, parking sensors.

• SUV