Used 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Great Car
By JeffH

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was in a severe accident in this car, and I walked away without a scratch. Very very reliable safety features!

Favorite Features

The navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

Great car!
By Brett

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my coupe 6MT with 15,000 miles on it about a year ago. I drive it every day and have even driven it from Michigan to California and back. It performs flawlessly and is a pleasure to drive every single day. While I think it deserves a more powerfull engine, it does ok with just shy of 300 Bhp. The exhaust note is like music but could be a bit louder. It is also a great platform for upgrades to performance. I am actually having a single turbo installed this week that will boost the hp to over 425 (crankshaft) without having to rebuild the lower end. This is a great mix of sport and luxury, I love this car!!!

Favorite Features

Fit and finish, car has tremendous integrity. Body lines are terrific, way better looking than the 350Z with a back seat to boot.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a turbo model, should be able to buy this car with 400 hp.

What a Car!!
By thevizkid

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As far as my driving experience with the car goes, stupendous. The G35 handles like magic. I've had instances where I have snaked the car through curvy, mountainous roads at speeds exceeding 65 mph, and have had no issues at all. The thrust this thing can produce can be overwhelming sometimes, say how about a very noticable acceleration when crupsing at 65mph. It feels like there is some stored power in there somewhere at times when you need that extra push! The only downside to this car is the winter weather driving. Being a rear wheel drive makes it a little rough sometimes. Also, it being a small, light car has some disadv especially with the wind.

Favorite Features

Power, acceleration, style and handling = 10!!. This baby, is a true enthusiast car. If performance is not ALL you are looking at, concider this - price, resale value, 10k mile warranty and luxury service benefits. The 'bang for the buck' is high!

Suggested Improvements

None at all. I just love the car the way it is except meybe something on the in car technology like integration with iPOD, improvements to the bluetooth (quality is poor now). More vehicle variables display, digital tire pressure indicator, etc.

Just OK
By gunmetalalloys

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great engine, looks. Sounds great from the outside, fairly quiet on the inside. Inside materials and fit/finish is poor (I've actually looked at the nooks of the interior). Placement of storage and cupholders ludicrous. Shift action vague, clutch uptake high, pedal placement not good for heel-toe. Most beautiful stock rims ever. Final word: great value for performance. Quality and ergonomics of nissans not what they should be but I still love it!

Favorite Features

Engine, VDC off button, good range on remote, balanced weight distribution.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of materials (2008 better, still not good enough). Tranny.

Year in Review
By Jay from BK

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my G coupe in December 2005 and am still in love with the car. Over the past year and a half I have noticed issues with build quality. There are many annoying rattles that have developed in the car that you hear over bumps. The sunroof creaks relentlessly and the interior plastics scratch too easily! Am still very satisfied with the cars performance though I do wish it had stronger pull. The car seems to lose steam in 4th and doesn't pull hard in 5th. The seats are still comfortable and the stereo has held up well so far. Bluetooth just stopped working two weeks ago! Paint is very soft, chips too easily.

Favorite Features

Exhaust note, 1st-3rd gear acceleration, 2nd-3rd gear highway passing, exterior styling, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger paint. Improve build quality of interior - should be fewer rattles for a car of this caliber. Front and rear parking sensors/camera. 350 hp. 18" wheels standard.