Used 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

AIR BAG ISSUES-EXPENSIVE to REPAIR
By alexa321

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 Infiniti G35 that has 53k miles on it. All services have been performed though not through the dealer. My supplemental airbag light came on at just under 53k miles.The dealership quoted $2700.00 to repair. I almost fainted! Come to find out that ONLY the dealership can fix this as they do not sell the parts. RIP OFF! The car has never been in an accident and air bag has never deployed. Shame on Infiniti!

Get up and go.. look and style of car.

The air bag issue seems to occur with frequency for the Nissan 350 as well as the G35 in years 2005 to 2009. Buyer Beware!

Car has been a joy to own!
By bg1127

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it with 50k miles 4.5 years ago and now 126k and still runs like it did when I bought it. Basic maintenance only. This is a great car!Looking at all the negative comments on 3-series maintenance costs I'm glad I went infinity! Gas mileage is so-so but most performance cars are.

Classy, Fast and reliable

This Car Is My Baby
By acampb6

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car 3 years ago used with 78,000 miles on it. It now has 123,000 and still drives exactly the same as it did when i got it. Simply put, I love this car. It is the most fun to drive, comfortable, and reliable car I have ever owned. To make a comparison; I bought a new 2008 Mustang in '07, and the thing started having issues within 6 months of owning it, including needing a new alternator. This car, however, has never given me any problems whatsoever. As far as performance goes, this car is like a muscular ballerina. She handles turns and sharp corners delicately, but then hits the straight-a-ways like a bat out of hell. If I had the space I could keep on for days. In short, I lo

The handling, the "off the line" performane, the ergonomic seating, the reliablity as well as the durability. If the military built a recon sedan, it would be the Infiniti G35. This car is the best i have ever owned

Nothing that I can think of

108K Miles Later... still a blast
By vissionaire

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased our G new off the lot nearly 6 years ago. Premium package, no nav. The car has been a rock and has survived our abuse and aged quite gracefully. No major repairs needed to date. Fuel consumption is probably the only major knock against the car, everything else is quite good. This car is my daily driver, and I drive it hard. I prefer sportiness over cush rides, but still like a bit of luxury so this car really fit the bill. The handling is excellent, the balance is good, and easy to know where the limits are. Now that the car has aged and the values have dropped quite a bit, I would suggest anyone looking for a fun daily driver or second semi-practical car to look into the G.

I like that this vehicle shares a platform with the Nissan 350Z and the G35 coupe. As such, and if you are so inclined, you can swap some higher performance parts onto the sedan to create an even sportier frankenstein version using nothing but OEM parts. As it currently stands, our vehicle has the full 350Z suspension swapped into for a ~2" lower stance and sits on G35 coupe 19" forged wheels with high performance summer tires. It also has a 350Z HR y-pipe for some added grunt, 350Z intake tube, and G35 coupe rev-up intake air inlet. There are plenty of other non-OEM mods too, of course. All of this, plus daily high-rpm excitement, and the car has no major issues. Solid and reliable.

There are a few minor quibbles with the car; I have some interior squeaks and rattles, but having sat in Mercedes and BMW's of similar age, those German cars in the same segment are far worse when it comes to aging. A car could always use a bit more power, which is fairly easy to acquire from a couple of modifications. The engine is also prone to heat soak, and noticeably loses a bit of power after running for extended periods of time. Fuel economy can always be improved.

2006 G35x, fun to drive
By rvanderaa

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35x with 68K miles on it in May of 2011. It is a fun car to drive and is extremely stable in rain and snow. My wife drove it on her vacation and hit a lot of rain. When she got back she did not want to give the car back to me. I had to have a tie rod replaced ($165) and scheduled maintenance required that fluid for the transmission, transfer case, and both differentials be replaced along with a radiator flush which cost me $650. Also the Bose CD changer died and I had to replace it with an aftermarket system ($400 which I installed myself). The aftermarket Pioneer actually sounds better. I will need to replace the Dunlop tires after 30K miles partially due to the AWD.

Performance and exceptional stability in rain and snow.

Improve seats, very uncomfortable seats, especially if your waist is over 34. I had to buy a gel seat cushion for long trips. Improve fuel mileage (only 21 MPG highway).