2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
108K Miles Later... still a blast
By vissionaire on 03/02/13 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased our G new off the lot nearly 6 years ago. Premium package, no nav. The car has been a rock and has survived our abuse and aged quite gracefully. No major repairs needed to date. Fuel consumption is probably the only major knock against the car, everything else is quite good. This car is my daily driver, and I drive it hard. I prefer sportiness over cush rides, but still like a bit of luxury so this car really fit the bill. The handling is excellent, the balance is good, and easy to know where the limits are. Now that the car has aged and the values have dropped quite a bit, I would suggest anyone looking for a fun daily driver or second semi-practical car to look into the G.

2006 G35x, fun to drive
By rvanderaa on 09/02/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35x with 68K miles on it in May of 2011. It is a fun car to drive and is extremely stable in rain and snow. My wife drove it on her vacation and hit a lot of rain. When she got back she did not want to give the car back to me. I had to have a tie rod replaced ($165) and scheduled maintenance required that fluid for the transmission, transfer case, and both differentials be replaced along with a radiator flush which cost me $650. Also the Bose CD changer died and I had to replace it with an aftermarket system ($400 which I installed myself). The aftermarket Pioneer actually sounds better. I will need to replace the Dunlop tires after 30K miles partially due to the AWD.

worth every penny
By 495sux on 07/20/12 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2001 BMW 330i before this vehicle and it was as beautiful as it was fun to drive, but the cost to repair was obscene. I purchased the 2006 G35x four years ago - used with 30k miles. It now has 142k miles and I have spent $0 on repair bills. It still runs, drives and looks practically new. I do not baby the car, I drive it hard, in fact I beat on it regularly - I commute the DC beltway and its easy to get carried away. It's fast and handles great. A few other reviewers have noted that it is not a luxury car. I would say that it is. Maybe not as luxurious as BMW or Mercedes but pretty close and much less cost up front and along the way. Unless you need the ego stroke...

Replaced Transmission with less than 40k miles. Manufacturer has no influence over dealership
By yogiowner on 08/16/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My car is almost five years old. I tried to keep it in tip top condition. It has less than 50k miles, I changed oil regularly, changed tires, fluids, etc. Went through FOUR dealerships. NONE of them did what I asked. Three of them tried to fleece me. One drove my car for eleven miles, when i brought it in for a manufacturer's recall item. Then they came back with some nonsense repairs they wanted to make, that weren't needed. After replacing the transmission, the starter is malfunctioning. Instead of doing the thorough check I asked for, they want me to bring it in for a scheduled maintenance next month. Can you say FRAUD! Don't know what to do next, but I will do something

Lots of car for the money
By borist on 07/29/11 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want economy, get a Prius. This car was designed to get from A to B fast. It's not great for very long trips (the seats are a bit stiff), but to get to work or some party - great! For the money you pay, you get a lot more than 3-series BMW or C-class MB have to offer. This car looks amazing, drives like a rocket, premium package gives you GPS, dual climate control and pretty beefy BOSE audio system. The interior build quality exceeds what C-class has to offer by a mile. Overall - great car. Worth every $ paid for it.

should have bought a 3 series
By pablo24 on 02/28/11 11:18 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

any comparison between this uncomfortable, gas guzzler to a "luxury" car is a mistake. it's fast, but wow, 18mpg combined and the seat controls biting my right leg and throwing my spine out of alignment make want to sell this thing today. it looks and drives fine, but anyone concerned with comfort and economics should avoid the g35x like the plague. i'll be the guy who leaves it running on the dc beltway and walks off the 495 parking lot to the nearest bar. good luck...

Fun to Drive - Beautiful to Behold
By Reg on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Pearl White G35 Sedan with less than 50,000 miles and it has rewarded me with hours of fun and everyone looks with admiration at it when I drive. I love its 298 hp and smooth shifting manual 6. My second car is a reconditioned, manual 5 speed, 2.8, drop top BMW Z3.

Makes a great used car
By BottleOSmoke on 08/21/10 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got an 06 with fewer than 30,000 miles on it for the price I paid for my Mazda3 in 04! This was also over $5000 cheaper than 07s with 50,000 miles! I test drove used 3 Series, an IS 250 and a Subaru Legacy. I thought this car handled better than all of them and only the Subaru was cheaper. Fun to drive, extremely comfortable and an excellent value.

Love it
By Dev on 08/13/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had numerous vehicles including Mercdes Benz, Acrua, Honda, etc and I am nothing but impressed with my Infiniti. The AWD is AMAZING in the Utah snow storm, handles by far better and feels more secure than our newer Expeditions AWD system. I was skeptical as there is only one Infiniti dealership in Utah to service the car, but they have been amazing to work with. Always take care of me and are fair. The car is quick, agile and makes a nice healthy growl. Very posh ride and my friends LOVE that the rear seats recline making it a blast on longer road trips.

BMW 3 series killer
By gatillo21 on 06/14/10 21:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You'll love this car. It has performance, style, interior space and good features like standard 6 disk CD changer. I wanted to get the Lexus IS 350 but the G35 offered me more for less. If you want performance, All wheel drive for the snow and comfort this is the best option.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.