2006 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
Great Car
By pheonix5 on 07/13/13 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car 7 months and it has been a great car. It is very comfortable and can boost a persons driving confidence with its stability program. It has a lot of great things like its amazing looks and comfortable seating. warning the trunk is EXTREMLY small in the coupe (one suit bag and a couple of small bags. It has a large gas tank in that my average fill is usually 57 to 64 liters.

108K Miles Later... still a blast
By vissionaire on 03/02/13 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased our G new off the lot nearly 6 years ago. Premium package, no nav. The car has been a rock and has survived our abuse and aged quite gracefully. No major repairs needed to date. Fuel consumption is probably the only major knock against the car, everything else is quite good. This car is my daily driver, and I drive it hard. I prefer sportiness over cush rides, but still like a bit of luxury so this car really fit the bill. The handling is excellent, the balance is good, and easy to know where the limits are. Now that the car has aged and the values have dropped quite a bit, I would suggest anyone looking for a fun daily driver or second semi-practical car to look into the G.

2006 G35x, fun to drive
By rvanderaa on 09/02/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35x with 68K miles on it in May of 2011. It is a fun car to drive and is extremely stable in rain and snow. My wife drove it on her vacation and hit a lot of rain. When she got back she did not want to give the car back to me. I had to have a tie rod replaced ($165) and scheduled maintenance required that fluid for the transmission, transfer case, and both differentials be replaced along with a radiator flush which cost me $650. Also the Bose CD changer died and I had to replace it with an aftermarket system ($400 which I installed myself). The aftermarket Pioneer actually sounds better. I will need to replace the Dunlop tires after 30K miles partially due to the AWD.

worth every penny
By 495sux on 07/20/12 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2001 BMW 330i before this vehicle and it was as beautiful as it was fun to drive, but the cost to repair was obscene. I purchased the 2006 G35x four years ago - used with 30k miles. It now has 142k miles and I have spent $0 on repair bills. It still runs, drives and looks practically new. I do not baby the car, I drive it hard, in fact I beat on it regularly - I commute the DC beltway and its easy to get carried away. It's fast and handles great. A few other reviewers have noted that it is not a luxury car. I would say that it is. Maybe not as luxurious as BMW or Mercedes but pretty close and much less cost up front and along the way. Unless you need the ego stroke...

Amazing, although im 16yrs old
By pamick55 on 02/23/12 10:25 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best. I love it, The handling its responsive and will allow you to take sharp curves fast and will boost your courage while driving fast! Good value and is never had any problems.

Replaced Transmission with less than 40k miles. Manufacturer has no influence over dealership
By yogiowner on 08/16/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My car is almost five years old. I tried to keep it in tip top condition. It has less than 50k miles, I changed oil regularly, changed tires, fluids, etc. Went through FOUR dealerships. NONE of them did what I asked. Three of them tried to fleece me. One drove my car for eleven miles, when i brought it in for a manufacturer's recall item. Then they came back with some nonsense repairs they wanted to make, that weren't needed. After replacing the transmission, the starter is malfunctioning. Instead of doing the thorough check I asked for, they want me to bring it in for a scheduled maintenance next month. Can you say FRAUD! Don't know what to do next, but I will do something

Lots of car for the money
By borist on 07/29/11 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want economy, get a Prius. This car was designed to get from A to B fast. It's not great for very long trips (the seats are a bit stiff), but to get to work or some party - great! For the money you pay, you get a lot more than 3-series BMW or C-class MB have to offer. This car looks amazing, drives like a rocket, premium package gives you GPS, dual climate control and pretty beefy BOSE audio system. The interior build quality exceeds what C-class has to offer by a mile. Overall - great car. Worth every $ paid for it.

should have bought a 3 series
By pablo24 on 02/28/11 11:18 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

any comparison between this uncomfortable, gas guzzler to a "luxury" car is a mistake. it's fast, but wow, 18mpg combined and the seat controls biting my right leg and throwing my spine out of alignment make want to sell this thing today. it looks and drives fine, but anyone concerned with comfort and economics should avoid the g35x like the plague. i'll be the guy who leaves it running on the dc beltway and walks off the 495 parking lot to the nearest bar. good luck...

Fun But.............
By jqlaw on 02/27/11 16:38 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I sold my E36 M3 and bought a 2006 G35 Sport Coupe. It had 22K miles on it. It's got great power, handles great and great brakes. It gets lots of looks and sounds awesome. But........ It ain't no BMW. The interior is kinda cheesy, the clutch is horrible and the seat belts don't retract. Don't get me wrong, I love it but I'm just not passionate about it. The reason I picked it over an E46 M3 was the reliability. Having the check engine light come on every other week on the M3 was a little frustrating. Did I mention how great it sounds? Especially with the sun roof open and the windows down.

Fun to Drive - Beautiful to Behold
By Reg on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Pearl White G35 Sedan with less than 50,000 miles and it has rewarded me with hours of fun and everyone looks with admiration at it when I drive. I love its 298 hp and smooth shifting manual 6. My second car is a reconditioned, manual 5 speed, 2.8, drop top BMW Z3.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.