Used 2006 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

This Car Is My Baby
By acampb6

2006 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car 3 years ago used with 78,000 miles on it. It now has 123,000 and still drives exactly the same as it did when i got it. Simply put, I love this car. It is the most fun to drive, comfortable, and reliable car I have ever owned. To make a comparison; I bought a new 2008 Mustang in '07, and the thing started having issues within 6 months of owning it, including needing a new alternator. This car, however, has never given me any problems whatsoever. As far as performance goes, this car is like a muscular ballerina. She handles turns and sharp corners delicately, but then hits the straight-a-ways like a bat out of hell. If I had the space I could keep on for days. In short, I lo

Favorite Features

The handling, the "off the line" performane, the ergonomic seating, the reliablity as well as the durability. If the military built a recon sedan, it would be the Infiniti G35. This car is the best i have ever owned

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that I can think of

Great Car
By pheonix5

2006 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car 7 months and it has been a great car. It is very comfortable and can boost a persons driving confidence with its stability program. It has a lot of great things like its amazing looks and comfortable seating. warning the trunk is EXTREMLY small in the coupe (one suit bag and a couple of small bags. It has a large gas tank in that my average fill is usually 57 to 64 liters.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would be the comfortable seats (use mothers leather tech to clean and condition). as well as the car sleek and clean lines that is almost timeless. At high speeds remains comfortable and at 120mph still feels solid and doesn't become light.(not many can say that) Also the key less entry for the trunk and the doors is a lot of fun (just leave the key in your pocket and push the button on the door handle or on the left taillight and get access.

Suggested Improvements

The cons would be the tire sensors that wont auto learn and force you to feel raped at the dealer $85 to relearn. The mileage is alright but nothing spectacular in that at 70mph I averaged 21mpg when car was stock but 23mpg now that I have put a colder sparkplugs in and a stainless intake and a cold air intake. The car is great but don't compare against new vehicles because 5.0 ford pickup will kick your butt in a race. also the car feels like it twists at your seat in twisty corners (larger sway bars and strut brace will cure that). Also get a baffled oil catch can installed as it will save the motor and make the car more durable.

108K Miles Later... still a blast
By vissionaire

2006 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased our G new off the lot nearly 6 years ago. Premium package, no nav. The car has been a rock and has survived our abuse and aged quite gracefully. No major repairs needed to date. Fuel consumption is probably the only major knock against the car, everything else is quite good. This car is my daily driver, and I drive it hard. I prefer sportiness over cush rides, but still like a bit of luxury so this car really fit the bill. The handling is excellent, the balance is good, and easy to know where the limits are. Now that the car has aged and the values have dropped quite a bit, I would suggest anyone looking for a fun daily driver or second semi-practical car to look into the G.

Favorite Features

I like that this vehicle shares a platform with the Nissan 350Z and the G35 coupe. As such, and if you are so inclined, you can swap some higher performance parts onto the sedan to create an even sportier frankenstein version using nothing but OEM parts. As it currently stands, our vehicle has the full 350Z suspension swapped into for a ~2" lower stance and sits on G35 coupe 19" forged wheels with high performance summer tires. It also has a 350Z HR y-pipe for some added grunt, 350Z intake tube, and G35 coupe rev-up intake air inlet. There are plenty of other non-OEM mods too, of course. All of this, plus daily high-rpm excitement, and the car has no major issues. Solid and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

There are a few minor quibbles with the car; I have some interior squeaks and rattles, but having sat in Mercedes and BMW's of similar age, those German cars in the same segment are far worse when it comes to aging. A car could always use a bit more power, which is fairly easy to acquire from a couple of modifications. The engine is also prone to heat soak, and noticeably loses a bit of power after running for extended periods of time. Fuel economy can always be improved.

2006 G35x, fun to drive
By rvanderaa

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35x with 68K miles on it in May of 2011. It is a fun car to drive and is extremely stable in rain and snow. My wife drove it on her vacation and hit a lot of rain. When she got back she did not want to give the car back to me. I had to have a tie rod replaced ($165) and scheduled maintenance required that fluid for the transmission, transfer case, and both differentials be replaced along with a radiator flush which cost me $650. Also the Bose CD changer died and I had to replace it with an aftermarket system ($400 which I installed myself). The aftermarket Pioneer actually sounds better. I will need to replace the Dunlop tires after 30K miles partially due to the AWD.

Favorite Features

Performance and exceptional stability in rain and snow.

Suggested Improvements

Improve seats, very uncomfortable seats, especially if your waist is over 34. I had to buy a gel seat cushion for long trips. Improve fuel mileage (only 21 MPG highway).

worth every penny
By 495sux

2006 Infiniti G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2001 BMW 330i before this vehicle and it was as beautiful as it was fun to drive, but the cost to repair was obscene. I purchased the 2006 G35x four years ago - used with 30k miles. It now has 142k miles and I have spent $0 on repair bills. It still runs, drives and looks practically new. I do not baby the car, I drive it hard, in fact I beat on it regularly - I commute the DC beltway and its easy to get carried away. It's fast and handles great. A few other reviewers have noted that it is not a luxury car. I would say that it is. Maybe not as luxurious as BMW or Mercedes but pretty close and much less cost up front and along the way. Unless you need the ego stroke...

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, power, handling, overall quality.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if fuel economy was better but would not want to sacrifice power. Average fuel consumption for me is 21mpg.