Not up to standards
By retrog on
2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I've owned this car since it was new, and I've not been happy with it for a while. The tires don't last, the interior wears quickly (not that it looked that spectacular in the first place), the radio is less than user friendly, the paint is inferior and the road noise is simply unacceptable in a car that costs this much. Actually the road noise is worse than in my son's Toyota pick up truck or my wife convertible. And the turning radius is inferior to those vehicles as well, despite what edmunds or any other website might tell you. Not a fan of the traction/stability control - almost got me hit a few times by hitting the brakes and killing the accelerator. I now drive without it.
Favorite Features
Acceleration. Handling.
Suggested Improvements
Sound insulation. Better radio controls. iPod connector. Higher quality interior and paint. More range for steering wheel adjustments and seat belt anchors. Tighter turning radius. Less intrusive traction/stability control. Doors that stay open.
By lindsey1960
on 07/02/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

I also own a 2005 G35 coupe, and your assessment is absolutely correct on all points! There is a design flaw, just like on the Nissan Z350, that destroys tires. Tires last ~20K, after which they are so noisy, your ears bleed. I delayed my purchase until the 2005 model came out to ensure I got the ?upgraded? interior. It?s better than the first generation interior, but still weak / cheap. I?ve got 103K miles on it, and now am enjoying the standard electronic issues that are common on these cars. This was my first Nissan, oops sorry, ?Infiniti?, and it will be my last.