Used 2005 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews - 334 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Nice and Sporty Entry Level Luxury Car
By Justinr321

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle after I totaled my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I wanted something very nice but not too expensive considering I was only going to finance something for about 3 years (I didn't want to keep my next car very long). I ultimately decided on a used luxury car and found this. It is a great car. It is fast, very comfortable, drives smoothly, luxurious, and actually gets ok gas mileage. I like it much better than my Eclipse. Drives amazing at 66,000 miles.

Intelligent Key system (I don't have to fumble with my keys to open the door or even start it!), Bose sound system, interior space, luxury features (climate control, seat memory, seat heating, smooth ride, etc), engine power.

Maybe improve gas mileage a bit, rattles a bit but that could be because of age (has 66,000 miles), engine sounds good (very sporty) but is a bit loud at highway rpm (3.5k+)

Nice Car with Good Balance
By Erik

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was torn between buying an A4 3.0 (2005) or this car. I am happy with my choice except for a few things. The car does not have a gauge that tells the average miles/gal I am getting. Its pretty annoying trying to calculate it! There for some reason are little rattles in the interior cabin. When I go over bumps and play the stereo loud I hear them the most. The last thing would be the brake dust and the fuel economy. I was not expecting Honda civic gas mileage however I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. The acceleration is good but I don't feel as good as everyone makes it out to be. Overall this car is great for the AWD and added power. This is perfect for me, a college student w/no $.

AWD, interior gauges, HID lights, LED taillights, Bose, awesome interior and exterior looks.

Fix the rattles! This car is sport-lux why is the car rattling at 39K? add gas mileage indicator (they did in 2007). why does A/c turn on all the time when put on defrost? not necessary!

50,000 miles - No major problems
By Dukeboy22

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my G35 in June 07 with 29k miles. Since then, I added 22k more miles, with few troubles. First, the tires I have are great, and I just rotated them, yesterday, after 22k miles. I don't think I will change them until they have close to 40k on them. They are definitely NOT OEM. Second, I had a funny scrunching noise in the suspension, possibly the shocks/struts. The dealership replaced this free of charge under warranty (though I still hear some of the same sound - revisiting dealer!). Third, I had a dummy light come on 2 weeks ago, which the manual said was low tire pressure. I inflated the, the light went away! Its fast, a little bumpy, very sexy, and it makes me happy!

Styling, acceleration, bright lights! Interior, easy to drive, braking (though they are a wee bit wobbly - 51k miles w/out replacement)

Low end torque, interior squeaks

Very fun ride!!!
By radardodger

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle replaced my 2005 Lexus IS 300. Most of my review is directly comparing the G35 to the Lexus, since it's in the same class. The G35 seems to be a class winner in my eyes. More power and interior room than the IS 300, and Audi A4, and possibly more of both than a BMW 330i. What ever trivial gripes I have about the vehicle are forgot when I get on a back road and get to play with the 6 speed manual trans. Body roll is very minimal for its size, steering is respectively quick, and the manual gear box is simple to use, and fun to really bang through the gears :). Very nice howl of the 3.5 v-6, fairly quiet inside, but still louder than most of its class competitors

Engine engine engine! Gets my "best bang for the buck " award for sure. The dash that moves with the steering wheel is pretty cool too, other than that, pretty much standard stuff. Mine has the reclining rear seats too, but they don't recline very far. Rear passenger space is very nice.

The material quality of the interior is a step down from the Lexus, and a different level than the A4. And not in a good way. While not horrible by any means, it could use improvements. Driver arm rest is useless unless your moved very far back. Gas mileage would be nice, but not bad for the power

Careful buying used
By Siggy

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased it used, pretty sure the previous owner didn't know how to drive a manual transmission that well considering after 2000 miles my clutch, hydrolic cylinder, and flywheel required replacement. Aside from that the car has been a dream

Nice style, beautiful performance.

Bose audio system is terrible. Seen much better generic ones in much cheaper cars. Pricey to replace stock stereo due to ac controls built into harness