2005 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
Excellent 2-year old car
By Mark on 11/30/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just logged two years in the car. Thoroughly pleased with it. I looked at Acura TL, Audi A4, Cadillac CTS, BMW 330, and I'm glad I went this way. Best blend of room, performance, build quality and features I've seen. The ride is very smooth and soft over bumpy roads, yet the car handles aggressively when pushed to the task. Minor defects addressed by the dealer thus far (headlight adjustments, speaker rattling, heated seat malfunction, bizarre engine hesitation attributed to bad gas). The AWD is masked by the VDC/TCS; I usually disengage the VDC, but when driving in snow with VDC off, you can easily swing the back around, which questions how well the AWD really works.

Great Car
By Nanaimo Driver on 11/15/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Wonderful vehicle to drive, great performance and amazing power above 2500 rpm. This car does, however, need good rubber and have found the factory tires totally inadequate, especially on wet surfaces. Have also found the car a tad light in the rear when cornering, which could again be a result of the tires. Would not hesitate to buy another Infiniti.

Infiniti G35X
By JOHN H. MILLER on 11/11/06 10:47 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a great value, I was comparing this car to my other option purchase vehicles: BMW 5 series,Cadillac CTX, Mercedes E-class, Audi A6. The number of standard features including, horsepower, trunk space and the options: AWD, sunroof, GPS,leather, after crunching the numbers and a test drive it was not much of a contest

G35 @ 40,000
By woosh_t on 10/20/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a '05 4dr with premium & sport package in feb of '05. Put over 40k on the odometer in less than 2 years. The car has met most of my expectations, but has fallen short on a couple of things: Good - engine performance, handling, acceleration, sport shift, reliability. Not so good - Fit and finish of the interior is not up to par with Acura/Lexus/BMW competition. Example - rear windows squeak and creak with any acceleration or slight bump in the road.

loving my 6mt
By nevdull on 10/11/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

this review is for the 6mt. just topped the 15k mileage, and everything is running peak. no problems, other than the city mileage estimates are way off ;-) this car is absolutely fun to drive. every day. excellent luxury performance car. of course its not the fastest off-the-line, but it can hold its own. and did i mention how beautiful this car looks?!? of course, its terrible in snow. i purchased 18's and snow tires, and it helps, but only a wee-bit. just starting to think about mod'ing. looking into a body kit (top secret/gialla). would like to add a supercharger. great platform to build off of, but obviously on the $$ end. definitely not required to mod though, personal pref only!

My love affair is over
By Kathtot on 10/03/06 05:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. But I won't be buying another one. I had to have my front brakes replaced at 12,000 miles. It was only around town driving and I do not use both feet to drive. Everyone (in the car business) that I talked to said it was crazy that the brakes went so quickly. Infiniti explained that they are softer than other brakes. And, oh well. My dealership couldn't do anything for me and I got the big brush-off from Consumer Relations East from parent Nissan. "They would put a note in my file that I wasn't pleased with my brake situation". As far as I'm concerned Infiniti just lost a customer. I'll be looking elsewhere when I buy my next car.

Great car for the money!
By Kevin on 09/29/06 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love it so much that I look for excuses to take it on the road! The most exciting and rewarding car that I have ever owned!

One year owning the Infiniti G35 Cpe
By ana on 08/26/06 09:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about my car but one thing. I gave it a score of "4" on Build Quality only because the car is too low. This is not my first sports car so I know they come low to the ground but on the Coupe you can actually go over a simple can or small rock in the road and it will scrape the undercarriage and make it sound likes its tearing it up. You also have to be extremely careful of potholes too..and I mean small ones.

First Asian Car
By azinfiniti on 08/20/06 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Watch out for the brakes and driver side power seats. Infiniti seems to be having problems with these components.

Fun car
By Big Head on 06/27/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car for the money!!! 280Hp navigation w/brid view and smart key a lot of bang for under 40k!! This is my 3rd infiniti i35, fx35 great cars!!