Used 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

G for Greatness
By Joey

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Luxury Fast sports car
By Jay Em

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car a month ago, I always liked this car in coupe model and for a ten year old car it out performs even the newer sports cars in the market. The powerful VQ motor will get you excited each time you turn the ignition On, overall its a fun car with a lot to offer, I like the style better than the G37 newer model, no offense, as a G35 driver I must say that this sports car will make you feel like a teenager again, turns heads especially the girls, a good value automobile.

Great Looks, Fun to drive, Still a car for its age
By eiji81

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 05 G35 Coupe 6spd in Oct 2014 with 116k miles. Before buying this car I looked at a 05 BMW 3series, Honda S2000, and Nissan 350z. For the price range, the G35 has the best value and features. It has usable back seats, 19" rims with TPMS (tire sensors), all power options, and Navigation. Overall its a nice luxury sports car, but at this age and mileage but at this age is expected to have some issues and be a little outdated. I repaired a few things: front brakes, 6cd changer/nav, front control arms, clutch master cyclinder, and drive belts. Maintenance costs can be expensive if you don't have warranty. It only uses Premium gas but I get 19-20mpg city and around 25mpg hwy.
Update: During hot weather e.g. summer, the clutch pedal will only return half-way up after being released when you're driving in traffic. So you'll have to pop the clutch pedal back to its original position with your left foot. From my research, this is a fault of the design of the clutch pedal and also the clutch fluid line location. I try not to drive my car when its very hot or in heavy traffic (night time driving and highway is fine though). During the winter when outside temp is 75F or below, the clutch pedal is not an issue.
On the plus side, the A/C system on the G35 is excellent and always keeps the inside very cool in the summer. The heated front seats are great during winter as well. The car looks great and the exhaust sound is very sporty. The engine has plenty of power and torque for daily driving.

Buy this vehicle!
By zach23

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is truly an astonishing machine. The bond that I have shared with Infiniti has moved me to become an Infiniti salesman. First off I have owned two this model, a 2004 g35 manual and now a 2005. Opt for the 2005 if you have the option, it has a sexier hood taillights and other features, like more horsepower etc. It drives amazing. We have a lot of hills and curves in Wisconsin so I can truly say I have tested these cars. If you floor it after 3000rpm hold on tight as you are pushed into the plush leather seats. So comfortable and well built. Fuel economy is 30mpg hwy not bad for a 306 horsepower beast. You will not regret owning this vehicle I promise. Way better than is300,tl,bmw etc.

Sad to let this car go, but...
By litman

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my '05 G for 68 months. Sold it last week and got a '12 G37 sedan.
I always loved the smooth, feminine lines of the '03-06 Gs. The interior was a bit squeaky and I never really liked the orange gauge lights,but I never had any mechanical issues until recently, when the car was nearly 9 years old.
Then the power seat switch failed ($1,700) and the power adjustment for the steering column failed too.
Personally, when electrical issues start cropping up, I ditch the car. The car was great for what it was - a sport sedan.
Rear seat room was a little tight, but I feel I got my money's worth for the car, my favorite so far. We have had five Infinitis and two Nissans through the years.

Frankly, my favorite feature was the understated beauty of this car. I drove this automobile like I stole it for nearly 6 years, yet I could still blend into traffic like just another citizen in an average sedan. Underneath the hood you have a tremendously engineered engine propelling a nicely balanced chassis. For me, anonymity is a good thing. I liked the reliability compared to the Europeans I had prior. The pop-up nav was pretty cool in an old-school James Bond kind of way too. I liked having a nice car that is low on snob appeal. The steering was responsive and once I mastered the manual mode instead of the automatic, I could really pick my spots - not like my MX5, but decent enough.

They improved most of what I didn't like: They changed the gauge lighting, they improved the interior quality, especially the plastics. They moved the seat controls to the outside of the seat. They placed the audio controls for an left-side driver, not a right side (Japanese) driver. They lost the adjustable rear seats, which I though were cool but my passengers never seemed to like. That's about it - there was not much I didn't like about my '05 - I would have kept it much longer had the electrical problems (which I attribute to age rather than design) not started occurring, but on the Mercedes I once owned, these started in year 3, not 9, and the were persistent and expensive.