2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
Sad to let this car go, but...
By litman on 12/19/13 09:27 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my '05 G for 68 months. Sold it last week and got a '12 G37 sedan. I always loved the smooth, feminine lines of the '03-06 Gs. The interior was a bit squeaky and I never really liked the orange gauge lights,but I never had any mechanical issues until recently, when the car was nearly 9 years old. Then the power seat switch failed ($1,700) and the power adjustment for the steering column failed too. Personally, when electrical issues start cropping up, I ditch the car. The car was great for what it was - a sport sedan. Rear seat room was a little tight, but I feel I got my money's worth for the car, my favorite so far. We have had five Infinitis and two Nissans through the years.

Excellent value, minor annoyances
By snowtrax00 on 11/24/12 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is quick and the engine sounds good but the transmission is rough shifting into reverse. The manual mode shifts with a bang almost every time. The brakes are spongy, warp easily and don't last long. The exhaust has rust problems and the gas mileage is alright but could be better. Handling is pretty tight but the car is skinny so body roll is more noticeable than others. The leather is soft and comfortable but rips easily. The interior is nice but looks dated and has a few squeaks and rattles but most cars do.

Repairs very expensive
By gary171 on 09/12/12 05:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car new 7 years ago with the optional 7 year/100,000 warranty. I've had all service done at my Infinity dealership and total repairs not covered under warranty to date are $9300. My wife purchased the Acura TL the same day 7 years ago with the 7 year/100,000 warranty. All her service was done at the Acura dealership and total repairs to date are $3600. I love driving the Infinity----I don't care for the Acura, but the repairs are just expensive to her car. That's really my only complaint about the car. Both extended warranties just expired last week, and both cars have around 80,000 miles. I probably will purchase another Infinity when this car dies.

Love the car, but...
By jg88 on 05/23/12 09:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this has been a great car. However, we are experiencing a big problem with the front, side airbags. Just replaced the driver's side a few months ago to the tune of $1,700; now the driver's side bag has failed and Infiniti wants even more. I believe this is a serious safety problem and extremely pricey. Further, Inifiniti will not give any leeway to me even though this is a problem that should not be occurring in any car. They appear to not want to stand behind safety issues. BTW, what's worse, they turned this over to Nissan so even though you may think you're buying a premium car, they treat this as a Nissan problem. (Acura completey stood behind a seatbelt issue.)

Great Car, Lifetime Impact
By mark2013 on 12/22/11 23:47 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Back in October I bought an 05 G35x and was a great choice. I've been through 3 generations of Infiniti's and never had any problems. Since mine was bought through an auction when it was taken in for routine maintenance there were all the service records were maintained. Not saying everyone will agree about how great a G35x is but in my opinion a fun & great car compared to alot of the higher end luxury cars.

A good Q car
By anders7 on 09/18/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my G35 for 4 years now and I used to change cars regularly. Previous cars were BMWs and Mercedes but I got tired of the exorbitant costs involved in just keeping them going. This last time I looked at the little BMWs and Mercedes and thought why not try something different? So I looked at the Infiniti G35 and the Lexus GS300. There was not much of a cost difference and the Infiniti seemed like so much more car for the money. People complain about the mileage. I get a solid 21 mpg with 80% hwy driving. That's excellent for a heavy car with a powerful engine. Sadly it does drink premium only.

Very Impressed
By Michael K on 06/28/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a number of cars, but I have to say I have never loved a car so much this far into ownership. I am usually bored and ready to get rid of a car after not even a year but not Infiniti! The quality is just impressive to me. I had it in the dealer shop a couple of times but nothing major. The gas mileage is really good to me, especially for a luxury car. The transmission is the absolute smoothest of any car I have ever driven or rode in, sometimes feels like your driving a CVT transmission! This is definitely a car that will last a long time if taken care of.

Fast and fun
By MikeB on 04/19/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my base 2005 G35 sedan in March 2009 with 38K miles on it. Unreal power, good brakes, stiff chassis for instant steering response, and decent cornering. The price for this is a stiff, but well-controlled ride. Fuel mileage is 19-21 around town, 24-26 highway. I actually like the 2005-2006 interior, instruments & controls better than the 2007-up G35. A minor annoyance is a very "creaky" center console, which is worse on cold days. Had the engine die on me 3 times with an error code displayed, although it would restart in a minute or less. The dealer ended up replacing a cam position sensor for free, even though the 4-yr warranty had expired.

Best deal going right now
By John on 04/19/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After extensive research (including some on edmunds.com) I bought an '05 Garnet Fire G35 with the Premium package (keyless start, reclining rear seats, etc). I really like this car. Gets 20-24 MPG consistently (60/40 HWY/TWN). Very smooth riding with the exception of going over bumps on a turn (on ramp, etc) the cars seems to 'jiggle' slightly. I may be somewhat sensitive though since I traded in an '04 GTO that was very stable on the road. Smooth V6 that accelerates hard above 3500 RPM and has plenty of torque above 3000 RPM. Look around and get one that is loaded out. The cost is about the same as a base one in the used market and the features are worth a little leg work.

Great car; fun to drive
By ang35 on 04/10/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful car for speed or cruising. Sound system great, seats pretty good. Plenty of passenger room for 4.