2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
everything the 350Z isn't
By kiddough on 03/10/13 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

very nice car, doesn't look 8 years old. body style is timeless. if you can, get a 06' 6-speed but @ least try to get a 05' they did a much needed refresh. got almost 90,000 miles on the original clutch. i was looking for a 350Z but i could find one with the options i wanted & the G35 has all those options standard so i got the G35. also most 350Z's are modded to hell!

Not up to standards
By retrog on 11/16/11 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car since it was new, and I've not been happy with it for a while. The tires don't last, the interior wears quickly (not that it looked that spectacular in the first place), the radio is less than user friendly, the paint is inferior and the road noise is simply unacceptable in a car that costs this much. Actually the road noise is worse than in my son's Toyota pick up truck or my wife convertible. And the turning radius is inferior to those vehicles as well, despite what edmunds or any other website might tell you. Not a fan of the traction/stability control - almost got me hit a few times by hitting the brakes and killing the accelerator. I now drive without it.

Simply Amazing..
By amg006 on 01/17/11 02:21 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a sports car with a luxury feel, get the G35 coupe. This car is simply awesome. It isnt overly common like the BMW 3 series, but it handles just as great. It is very pretty to look, and then again it isn't in the shop every other week like my old A4. My one gripe with this car would have to be the fuel economy, if your lucky you'll avg about 20mpg for a tank, compared to the 30 of the A4. But then again somthing needs to fuel that monster. You step on the pedal and your flying, before i bought this car i drove the IS250,325CI,A4, and C230. The G blows all of them away. It gives you much more power(that is much more reliable) then all of its competitors and for a lower price.

My Infiniti G35 coupe
By Nikki on 08/04/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, so this car is amazing. First of all, I bought this for a good price. It's an 05 Infiniti G35 coupe. It's got dual exhaust which brings the horse power to 285. Great on highways, very loud. Leather interior touch screen GPS built in. I have a 70.000 mile warranty on her :) Brakes are great. This car has so much power I can't even go an hour without driving her. I got a Blue one with a cream strip. The engine is perfect and the alarm on it is great. If someone even gets close to my car my remote will tell me to go out and check it, so high tech! I highly recommend this car, classy sexy and with the perks of a nice fast sports car. You won't regret it!

From Porsche 944S to G35 Coupe 6MT
By Former Porsche Owner on 09/27/09 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a Porsche 944S for 22 years. As the maintenance bills began to climb it was time to buy a new vehicle. After reading many reviews the G35 6MT seemed to be my next car. This was sealed after I test drove the vehicle. The power delivery is absolutely flat in terms of torque curve and the handling is on par with my beloved Porsche. The steering is just a tad too power assisted, but beyond that, this car is just as much fun to drive. The convenience features are well thought out and executed. The service at the dealership continues my pleasant Infiniti experience. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sporty driving experience.

Front tires need replaced every 7k miles
By Todd Akron, OH on 05/28/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love driving this car, except for the front tire wear. I am on my second set of front tires in 1 yr. Both sets of tires have had uneven wear on the inside treads, about every other 1" of tire there is a flat and peak area.

Careful buying used
By Siggy on 10/14/08 04:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased it used, pretty sure the previous owner didn't know how to drive a manual transmission that well considering after 2000 miles my clutch, hydrolic cylinder, and flywheel required replacement. Aside from that the car has been a dream

3 years still like new
By chebella82 on 09/28/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had my G35 for almost 3 years and it's still the same as when I drove it home new - absolutely no problems of any kind, but then it only has 30k miles on it. Just got new tires after 27k miles. I have every available package and option except navigation. Love the 19 inch wheels and sunroof, and tiptronic transmission is fun, but glad to change back to regular automatic mode once I get in traffic. 22-23 mpg consistently, and I drive like a bat outta hell!

Awesome car!
By Eldin on 08/12/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car last year on 6/23/07. It needed a new tranny and a 3rd clutch @ 50K because of the previous owner not knowing how to drive it. I love everything about this car as far as performance, but the amber yellow lighting inside reminds of a TC. I test drove a BMW 330CI before my G purchase & it was a joke. I get about 18-20mpg city & 24-28 highway, which is pretty good considering I have 20" wheels, a heavy foot & 3" exhaust. the interior rattles a lot & no luck w/ the dealer. I have 61K fun miles on this car & plan to drive it to the ground then rebuilt the motoer w/ a turbo.

Has been great for 2 years now
By duncanator on 03/29/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle for over 2 years now and have had mo major problems. The interior has some rattles that can be annoying, but the dealer will fix them. The Bose stereo is garbage and the stereo display is minimal. One from the 1980s displays more information. My G35 just hit 28000 miles and I just now replaced the front tires. Rear tires are still original and are doing well. The throttle response is a bit slow and not immediate when you step on it. It works better to have a slow and steady foot on the pedal. Other that that it is fun to drive every day. Mileage stinks but I expect that for a car like this. I didn't buy it thinking I would save at the pump.