2005 Infiniti G35 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

updated review
By kiddough

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I still like this car, but after a few years it has it's pros & cons. Avg MPG is 21.4 (city/highway) A lot of tiny things brings this car down. Be sure to visit a dealership if your car burns a lot of oil! Infiniti will perform a oil change & document your levels & have you return after 1,000 miles to see if you need a new engine. I will be getting a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD 6 M/T more reliability & about the same performance.

Favorite Features

a lot of aftermarket parts nice 19's (RAYS) looks newer than (03-07)

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel shaking over bumps (rubber on compression rods were cracking) ROD COMPL 54469-CD00C ROD COMPL 54468-CD00C Oil on spark plugs (all 6 parts are need if any oil is on any spark plug) COVER ASSY-VALVE ROC 13264-AM600 COVER ASSY-VALVE ROC 13264-AM610 GASKET-ROCKER COVER 13270-8J102 GASKET-ROCKER COVER 13270-8J112 GASKET-ADAPTER 14032-AM600 GASKET-MANIFOLD, UPPE 14033-AM600 Door wonÂ’t unlock (press unlock on key fob & the car door remains locked) LOCK ASSY 80501-AC80A Driver LOCK ASSY 80500-AC80A Falls off (this is the keyhole cover) DOOR ESCUTCHEON 82646-AM805 Driver Burns excessive oil (visit local Infiniti dealership for consumption test)

everything the 350Z isn't
By kiddough

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

very nice car, doesn't look 8 years old. body style is timeless. if you can, get a 06' 6-speed but @ least try to get a 05' they did a much needed refresh. got almost 90,000 miles on the original clutch. i was looking for a 350Z but i could find one with the options i wanted & the G35 has all those options standard so i got the G35. also most 350Z's are modded to hell!

Favorite Features

bolstered seats BOSE stereo 6-speed (stick) leather seats 298 HP

Suggested Improvements

most of my gripes were fixed in the 2006 & 2007 model: better head & tail lights, bluetooth, unlock button on outside of handle & trunk release button outside the car, seat belts coming out the seat & not the rear. Dash shakes around 90 mph cup holders firm clutch 91 octane compression rods miss the Brembo brakes from the 2003 & 2004 model

Not up to standards
By retrog

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car since it was new, and I've not been happy with it for a while. The tires don't last, the interior wears quickly (not that it looked that spectacular in the first place), the radio is less than user friendly, the paint is inferior and the road noise is simply unacceptable in a car that costs this much. Actually the road noise is worse than in my son's Toyota pick up truck or my wife convertible. And the turning radius is inferior to those vehicles as well, despite what edmunds or any other website might tell you. Not a fan of the traction/stability control - almost got me hit a few times by hitting the brakes and killing the accelerator. I now drive without it.

Favorite Features

Acceleration. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Sound insulation. Better radio controls. iPod connector. Higher quality interior and paint. More range for steering wheel adjustments and seat belt anchors. Tighter turning radius. Less intrusive traction/stability control. Doors that stay open.

Simply Amazing..
By amg006

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a sports car with a luxury feel, get the G35 coupe. This car is simply awesome. It isnt overly common like the BMW 3 series, but it handles just as great. It is very pretty to look, and then again it isn't in the shop every other week like my old A4. My one gripe with this car would have to be the fuel economy, if your lucky you'll avg about 20mpg for a tank, compared to the 30 of the A4. But then again somthing needs to fuel that monster. You step on the pedal and your flying, before i bought this car i drove the IS250,325CI,A4, and C230. The G blows all of them away. It gives you much more power(that is much more reliable) then all of its competitors and for a lower price.

Favorite Features

The deep/throaty Exhaust note(dosnt sound like a jetta). Engine Power, Handling (not quite my boss's lotus but very good regardless), Bose Stereo system gets great Bass music if you want to have a dance party in your car. Dual climate control. Back Seats are very spacious surprisingly

Suggested Improvements

Ipod Adaptor, kind of hard to get into the backseats(but atleast theres enough space for a 6' footer back there)

My Infiniti G35 coupe
By Nikki

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, so this car is amazing. First of all, I bought this for a good price. It's an 05 Infiniti G35 coupe. It's got dual exhaust which brings the horse power to 285. Great on highways, very loud. Leather interior touch screen GPS built in. I have a 70.000 mile warranty on her :) Brakes are great. This car has so much power I can't even go an hour without driving her. I got a Blue one with a cream strip. The engine is perfect and the alarm on it is great. If someone even gets close to my car my remote will tell me to go out and check it, so high tech! I highly recommend this car, classy sexy and with the perks of a nice fast sports car. You won't regret it!

Favorite Features

Dual exhaust, touch screen GPS, Bose sound system. Ipod jack, interior, exterior. Basically everything.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely get the warranty. Its very expensive to get it fixed through Infiniti if you don't have one. 6cyl expensive on gas. But other then that nothing.

From Porsche 944S to G35 Coupe 6MT
By Former Porsche Owner

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a Porsche 944S for 22 years. As the maintenance bills began to climb it was time to buy a new vehicle. After reading many reviews the G35 6MT seemed to be my next car. This was sealed after I test drove the vehicle. The power delivery is absolutely flat in terms of torque curve and the handling is on par with my beloved Porsche. The steering is just a tad too power assisted, but beyond that, this car is just as much fun to drive. The convenience features are well thought out and executed. The service at the dealership continues my pleasant Infiniti experience. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sporty driving experience.

Favorite Features

Power, linear torque curve, brakes and overall handling. The styling of the vehicle is timeless.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage is on par with a vehicle in this performance category, but the use of premium is what increases owner cost of operation.

Front tires need replaced every 7k miles
By Todd Akron, OH

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love driving this car, except for the front tire wear. I am on my second set of front tires in 1 yr. Both sets of tires have had uneven wear on the inside treads, about every other 1" of tire there is a flat and peak area.

Favorite Features

Handling, muscular body, 19" wheels, exhaust growl

Suggested Improvements

stereo system

Careful buying used
By Siggy

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased it used, pretty sure the previous owner didn't know how to drive a manual transmission that well considering after 2000 miles my clutch, hydrolic cylinder, and flywheel required replacement. Aside from that the car has been a dream

Favorite Features

Nice style, beautiful performance.

Suggested Improvements

Bose audio system is terrible. Seen much better generic ones in much cheaper cars. Pricey to replace stock stereo due to ac controls built into harness

3 years still like new
By chebella82

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had my G35 for almost 3 years and it's still the same as when I drove it home new - absolutely no problems of any kind, but then it only has 30k miles on it. Just got new tires after 27k miles. I have every available package and option except navigation. Love the 19 inch wheels and sunroof, and tiptronic transmission is fun, but glad to change back to regular automatic mode once I get in traffic. 22-23 mpg consistently, and I drive like a bat outta hell!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, extremely comfortable drivers seat & headrest, reliable, beautiful inside and out, sexy rumble sound of the engine :)

Suggested Improvements

Bose audio needs better subwoofers, heated seats need to get hotter.

Awesome car!
By Eldin

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car last year on 6/23/07. It needed a new tranny and a 3rd clutch @ 50K because of the previous owner not knowing how to drive it. I love everything about this car as far as performance, but the amber yellow lighting inside reminds of a TC. I test drove a BMW 330CI before my G purchase & it was a joke. I get about 18-20mpg city & 24-28 highway, which is pretty good considering I have 20" wheels, a heavy foot & 3" exhaust. the interior rattles a lot & no luck w/ the dealer. I have 61K fun miles on this car & plan to drive it to the ground then rebuilt the motoer w/ a turbo.

Favorite Features

Fast, agile, killer looks. Great MPG.

Suggested Improvements

TC lighting & rattles