Used 2005 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Timeless Looks, Fun to drive, Great car for its age
By eiji81

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 05 G35 Coupe 6spd in Oct 2014 with 116k miles. Before buying this car I looked at a 05 BMW 3series, Honda S2000, and Nissan 350z. For the price range, the G35 has the best value and features. It has usable back seats, 19" rims, and Navigation. Overall its a nice luxury sports car, but at this age and mileage, is expected to have some issues and be a little outdated. I repaired a few things: front brakes, 6cd changer/nav, front control arms, clutch master cyclinder, and drive belts. Maintenance costs can be expensive if you don't have warranty. It only uses Premium gas but I get 18-20mpg city and around 25mpg hwy. After all the repairs, its now running very well!

Pop-up Navigation, Heated Seats, All Power options, Aggressive exhaust sound, Close-ratio 6speed transmission. Engine is powerful and torquey. The car looks amazing for a 10yr old car.

Needs Better dash material: The dash has started to have cracks (probably due to cheap materials). The seatbelt does not retract. The steering is on the heavier side. Needs Better speakers. The paint is flakes easily.

Buy this vehicle!
By zach23

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is truly an astonishing machine. The bond that I have shared with Infiniti has moved me to become an Infiniti salesman. First off I have owned two this model, a 2004 g35 manual and now a 2005. Opt for the 2005 if you have the option, it has a sexier hood taillights and other features, like more horsepower etc. It drives amazing. We have a lot of hills and curves in Wisconsin so I can truly say I have tested these cars. If you floor it after 3000rpm hold on tight as you are pushed into the plush leather seats. So comfortable and well built. Fuel economy is 30mpg hwy not bad for a 306 horsepower beast. You will not regret owning this vehicle I promise. Way better than is300,tl,bmw etc.

updated review
By kiddough

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I still like this car, but after a few years it has it's pros & cons. Avg MPG is 21.4 (city/highway) A lot of tiny things brings this car down. Be sure to visit a dealership if your car burns a lot of oil! Infiniti will perform a oil change & document your levels & have you return after 1,000 miles to see if you need a new engine. I will be getting a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD 6 M/T more reliability & about the same performance.

a lot of aftermarket parts nice 19's (RAYS) looks newer than (03-07)

Steering wheel shaking over bumps (rubber on compression rods were cracking) ROD COMPL 54469-CD00C ROD COMPL 54468-CD00C Oil on spark plugs (all 6 parts are need if any oil is on any spark plug) COVER ASSY-VALVE ROC 13264-AM600 COVER ASSY-VALVE ROC 13264-AM610 GASKET-ROCKER COVER 13270-8J102 GASKET-ROCKER COVER 13270-8J112 GASKET-ADAPTER 14032-AM600 GASKET-MANIFOLD, UPPE 14033-AM600 Door wonÂ’t unlock (press unlock on key fob & the car door remains locked) LOCK ASSY 80501-AC80A Driver LOCK ASSY 80500-AC80A Falls off (this is the keyhole cover) DOOR ESCUTCHEON 82646-AM805 Driver Burns excessive oil (visit local Infiniti dealership for consumption test)

Sad to let this car go, but...
By litman

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my '05 G for 68 months. Sold it last week and got a '12 G37 sedan. I always loved the smooth, feminine lines of the '03-06 Gs. The interior was a bit squeaky and I never really liked the orange gauge lights,but I never had any mechanical issues until recently, when the car was nearly 9 years old. Then the power seat switch failed ($1,700) and the power adjustment for the steering column failed too. Personally, when electrical issues start cropping up, I ditch the car. The car was great for what it was - a sport sedan. Rear seat room was a little tight, but I feel I got my money's worth for the car, my favorite so far. We have had five Infinitis and two Nissans through the years.

Frankly, my favorite feature was the understated beauty of this car. I drove this automobile like I stole it for nearly 6 years, yet I could still blend into traffic like just another citizen in an average sedan. Underneath the hood you have a tremendously engineered engine propelling a nicely balanced chassis. For me, anonymity is a good thing. I liked the reliability compared to the Europeans I had prior. The pop-up nav was pretty cool in an old-school James Bond kind of way too. I liked having a nice car that is low on snob appeal. The steering was responsive and once I mastered the manual mode instead of the automatic, I could really pick my spots - not like my MX5, but decent enough.

They improved most of what I didn't like: They changed the gauge lighting, they improved the interior quality, especially the plastics. They moved the seat controls to the outside of the seat. They placed the audio controls for an left-side driver, not a right side (Japanese) driver. They lost the adjustable rear seats, which I though were cool but my passengers never seemed to like. That's about it - there was not much I didn't like about my '05 - I would have kept it much longer had the electrical problems (which I attribute to age rather than design) not started occurring, but on the Mercedes I once owned, these started in year 3, not 9, and the were persistent and expensive.

everything the 350Z isn't
By kiddough

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

very nice car, doesn't look 8 years old. body style is timeless. if you can, get a 06' 6-speed but @ least try to get a 05' they did a much needed refresh. got almost 90,000 miles on the original clutch. i was looking for a 350Z but i could find one with the options i wanted & the G35 has all those options standard so i got the G35. also most 350Z's are modded to hell!

bolstered seats BOSE stereo 6-speed (stick) leather seats 298 HP

most of my gripes were fixed in the 2006 & 2007 model: better head & tail lights, bluetooth, unlock button on outside of handle & trunk release button outside the car, seat belts coming out the seat & not the rear. Dash shakes around 90 mph cup holders firm clutch 91 octane compression rods miss the Brembo brakes from the 2003 & 2004 model