2005 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
Sad to let this car go, but...
By litman on 12/19/13 09:27 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my '05 G for 68 months. Sold it last week and got a '12 G37 sedan. I always loved the smooth, feminine lines of the '03-06 Gs. The interior was a bit squeaky and I never really liked the orange gauge lights,but I never had any mechanical issues until recently, when the car was nearly 9 years old. Then the power seat switch failed ($1,700) and the power adjustment for the steering column failed too. Personally, when electrical issues start cropping up, I ditch the car. The car was great for what it was - a sport sedan. Rear seat room was a little tight, but I feel I got my money's worth for the car, my favorite so far. We have had five Infinitis and two Nissans through the years.

everything the 350Z isn't
By kiddough on 03/10/13 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

very nice car, doesn't look 8 years old. body style is timeless. if you can, get a 06' 6-speed but @ least try to get a 05' they did a much needed refresh. got almost 90,000 miles on the original clutch. i was looking for a 350Z but i could find one with the options i wanted & the G35 has all those options standard so i got the G35. also most 350Z's are modded to hell!

Excellent value, minor annoyances
By snowtrax00 on 11/24/12 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is quick and the engine sounds good but the transmission is rough shifting into reverse. The manual mode shifts with a bang almost every time. The brakes are spongy, warp easily and don't last long. The exhaust has rust problems and the gas mileage is alright but could be better. Handling is pretty tight but the car is skinny so body roll is more noticeable than others. The leather is soft and comfortable but rips easily. The interior is nice but looks dated and has a few squeaks and rattles but most cars do.

Repairs very expensive
By gary171 on 09/12/12 05:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car new 7 years ago with the optional 7 year/100,000 warranty. I've had all service done at my Infinity dealership and total repairs not covered under warranty to date are $9300. My wife purchased the Acura TL the same day 7 years ago with the 7 year/100,000 warranty. All her service was done at the Acura dealership and total repairs to date are $3600. I love driving the Infinity----I don't care for the Acura, but the repairs are just expensive to her car. That's really my only complaint about the car. Both extended warranties just expired last week, and both cars have around 80,000 miles. I probably will purchase another Infinity when this car dies.

Love the car, but...
By jg88 on 05/23/12 09:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this has been a great car. However, we are experiencing a big problem with the front, side airbags. Just replaced the driver's side a few months ago to the tune of $1,700; now the driver's side bag has failed and Infiniti wants even more. I believe this is a serious safety problem and extremely pricey. Further, Inifiniti will not give any leeway to me even though this is a problem that should not be occurring in any car. They appear to not want to stand behind safety issues. BTW, what's worse, they turned this over to Nissan so even though you may think you're buying a premium car, they treat this as a Nissan problem. (Acura completey stood behind a seatbelt issue.)

Great Car, Lifetime Impact
By mark2013 on 12/22/11 23:47 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Back in October I bought an 05 G35x and was a great choice. I've been through 3 generations of Infiniti's and never had any problems. Since mine was bought through an auction when it was taken in for routine maintenance there were all the service records were maintained. Not saying everyone will agree about how great a G35x is but in my opinion a fun & great car compared to alot of the higher end luxury cars.

Not up to standards
By retrog on 11/16/11 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car since it was new, and I've not been happy with it for a while. The tires don't last, the interior wears quickly (not that it looked that spectacular in the first place), the radio is less than user friendly, the paint is inferior and the road noise is simply unacceptable in a car that costs this much. Actually the road noise is worse than in my son's Toyota pick up truck or my wife convertible. And the turning radius is inferior to those vehicles as well, despite what edmunds or any other website might tell you. Not a fan of the traction/stability control - almost got me hit a few times by hitting the brakes and killing the accelerator. I now drive without it.

A good Q car
By anders7 on 09/18/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my G35 for 4 years now and I used to change cars regularly. Previous cars were BMWs and Mercedes but I got tired of the exorbitant costs involved in just keeping them going. This last time I looked at the little BMWs and Mercedes and thought why not try something different? So I looked at the Infiniti G35 and the Lexus GS300. There was not much of a cost difference and the Infiniti seemed like so much more car for the money. People complain about the mileage. I get a solid 21 mpg with 80% hwy driving. That's excellent for a heavy car with a powerful engine. Sadly it does drink premium only.

Simply Amazing..
By amg006 on 01/17/11 02:21 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a sports car with a luxury feel, get the G35 coupe. This car is simply awesome. It isnt overly common like the BMW 3 series, but it handles just as great. It is very pretty to look, and then again it isn't in the shop every other week like my old A4. My one gripe with this car would have to be the fuel economy, if your lucky you'll avg about 20mpg for a tank, compared to the 30 of the A4. But then again somthing needs to fuel that monster. You step on the pedal and your flying, before i bought this car i drove the IS250,325CI,A4, and C230. The G blows all of them away. It gives you much more power(that is much more reliable) then all of its competitors and for a lower price.

My Infiniti G35 coupe
By Nikki on 08/04/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, so this car is amazing. First of all, I bought this for a good price. It's an 05 Infiniti G35 coupe. It's got dual exhaust which brings the horse power to 285. Great on highways, very loud. Leather interior touch screen GPS built in. I have a 70.000 mile warranty on her :) Brakes are great. This car has so much power I can't even go an hour without driving her. I got a Blue one with a cream strip. The engine is perfect and the alarm on it is great. If someone even gets close to my car my remote will tell me to go out and check it, so high tech! I highly recommend this car, classy sexy and with the perks of a nice fast sports car. You won't regret it!