2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
2004 - 9 years later (2013)
By ay9i on 09/11/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

4 vehicles in the household, BMW, Infiniti QX4, and 2 G35's - an '03 and '04. Have had many other brands. We have kept our G35's all these years as they are a wonderful blend of performance, appearance, and luxury appointments supported by an outstandingly reliable and safe, fun to drive sporty car with usable back seat and cargo/trunk. The only problems - ever - are minor electrical over 9 and 10 years. Door lock actuators on both cars failed ($150 ea) and radio/climate control head repair ($400) on the '04. Both vehicles have about 70k miles garaged but driven year round including rough Canadian winters. Simply unbeatable combination of value, quality, reliability, luxury and fun.

G35 purchased new. 75K mile evaluation.
By socialist_saul on 09/06/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car even though it's expensive to keep on the road. This model eats tires and brakes. I've been through 5 sets of tires and 3 sets of brakes, and one battery. Car has been dependable and trouble free since new. I just solved one of my biggest complaints 'gas milage'. Through performance tweaking I have increased my overall mpg from 19.2 to 21.27. Prior to modifications best highway mpg was 22.3. I recently completed a 2600 mile trip and top mpg was 25.5 and overall average for the trip was 24.31. The side benefit of the modifications has been more responsive acceleration.

Very good cars! (but not quite perfect)
By aaron87 on 07/25/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own two G35s. A 2003 sedan and a 2004 coupe - both automatics. Review is for the coupe. Overall great cars. I'm constantly finding excuses to drive it because it's so fun. I prefer the couple over the sedan - the sedan is more roomy and a bit more comfortable, but the coupe is more sexy, sporty, and youthful looking. Styling wise, it's hard for the average person to tell it's 7-8 years old. Looks modern and sporty. Biggest difference performance-wise between the two models is the coupe is lower to the ground, and there seems to be less body roll when turning aggressively. When you sit in the couple it feels more like a race car. Not any faster than the sedan, though.

G35 Coupe - In a class by itself!
By bossfan7 on 07/14/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic car! Impeccable style, power, performance and value. These cars hold their own mixing with the exotics prowling South Florida. At $10-$12K current prices its a steal to get so much car for the money!

160,000 miles and still going strong
By californiapete on 12/17/10 08:52 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My two cents worth since I drive 100 miles a day. Gas mileage around 22-23 mph. Easily rides well at 80 mph. My wife got ticket cause she didn't realize she was going 90 mph while listening to AC-DC on excellent sound system. Fun sports car overall. I plan to drive it another 100,000 miles, which I believe is possible. Brakes have given me most problems, requiring more replacement then other vehicles. Passenger window doesn't roll down, which is aggravating. I'll get it fixed one of these days (cost about $400).

Tremendously fun, rediculously thirsty
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Funnest and sexiest car I've ever driven. However, the price you pay is 13-15 MPG, and I don't drive heavy- footed at all. My drive to work is 2/3 highway and 1/3 surface roads, and I can barely squeeze 220 miles out of a 15 gallon tank of premium unleaded. I wonder if anyone else gets similar gas mileage... way below the vehicle's rating of 17 city/27 hwy MPG.

2004 g35 coupe w/leather
By AF20 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, very reliable.I have had it for almost a year and loved it. Though at times you may hate..like during the snow and when your low on cash and premium gas is 3.50/gal. I have only had to rotate the tires and that's it. I also change the oil and filter every 3000 miles.Plus its a chick magnet :)

Awesome car, sad to sell
By Brandi on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my G! I have had it for two and a half years now and still have so much fun driving it. We have not had any problems with it other than recently the driver's window stopped working for a day, but now it is working again. I've had Nissans in the past and that tends to be a bit of an issue with them. We do most of the maintaining of it ourselves and it's not expensive to keep up with. We have had many adults in the backseat also and as long as you don't hit bumps too hard to where their head hits the glass, it's not too bad. Been on many road trips in it and get decent gas mileage and have a blast passing people on 2 lane roads! All in all I love it!

Good Car some minor imperfections
By NickA on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this car is absolutely amazing, I have the 2004 g35 coupe and it is great. There is only a few imperfections, one there is some cheap plastics on the interior, the leather on my seat ripped by the side, which seems to happen on MANY coupes. However, the power-train is amazing, the engine as well. Its not 100 percent reliable, but much better than American coupes, and German coupes as well, this car is for someone who wants performance, reliability, luxury, and too have fun while driving it. It is not very practical though. It is for two people and occasionally can seat 4 depending on their height. otherwise great car and WAY better ride and interior than the Z car.

Imitation BME
By Josh on 08/02/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car--truly a 350Z with 4 seats. The VQ v6 is a strong engine--feels like a v8--so the car is fast. Not so much on the refinement end. Last car was a BMW 330ci (coupe), and while it was a half tick slower, it was more refined: better ride, fewer squeaks and rattles, etc. Truly the G35 is a 4-seat Z or a poor- man's BMW. But great car for all that!