Used 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 324 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Even at 6' 2"
By Austin Guerin

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for over a year out. My G35 coupe has an intake system, exhaust, and racing chip and it roars. The acceleration is absolutely phenomenal. It takes curbs decently well but people look at it all the time, back in its day it was in a show. The performance is just outstanding and the noise is perfectly divided between the engine and exhaust. I am also 6' 2" and my seat is always all the way back but I am always very comfortable. The bucket seats snug you in nicely and the steering wheel has all the right padding you need.

Now to the bad. The brakes are a joke, you have to get aftermarket brakes with this, unless you have the brembos. The stock brakes are an absolute shame for such a vehicle, they are not that great. They are too weak. Thank the lord I have a good mechanic because I would be a lot more broke if not due to the mechanical issues. Probably because its getting old but its getting expensive. The transmission bumps a lot when its cold out before it warms up and there is a click when I shift between park reverse ect. That is concerning.

Overall I would definitely buy this car again!

Side note: I bought this car 11/28/2014 with 80,000 miles on it

Great Sports Car
By Bob

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoyed this car for many years. It has great handling, acceleration & braking. I have really only one complaint with the design, the doors have a tendency to not stay open when getting in or out and. Fuel economy is fine for what it is. Little repair work or maintenance required over the 10 years I have owned it.

2004 - 9 years later (2013)
By ay9i

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

4 vehicles in the household, BMW, Infiniti QX4, and 2 G35's - an '03 and '04. Have had many other brands. We have kept our G35's all these years as they are a wonderful blend of performance, appearance, and luxury appointments supported by an outstandingly reliable and safe, fun to drive sporty car with usable back seat and cargo/trunk.
The only problems - ever - are minor electrical
over 9 and 10 years. Door lock actuators on both cars failed ($150 ea) and radio/climate control head repair ($400) on the '04. Both vehicles have about 70k miles garaged but driven year round including rough Canadian winters. Simply unbeatable combination of value, quality, reliability, luxury and fun.

Performance, looks, reliability, and just a very personal sporty, and awesome automobile which still allows for 4 adults, although ingress and egress not like a sedan. I am 6'1" and can just manage the back seat, whereas it would be impossible in most similar coupes. It is not really comfortable, but it is do-able, which means it is better than most. Decent cargo capacity due to fold down rear seat thru to trunk. So this a very fun car that offers some degree of utility. Ultimately the styling, sound, performance and reliability give these G35's and 37's an immense edge.

If Infiniti would keep an eye on the door and lock actuators, these small things keep this car from being perfect in terms of long-term reliability and service

G35 purchased new. 75K mile evaluation.
By socialist_saul

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car even though it's expensive to keep on the road. This model eats tires and brakes. I've been through 5 sets of tires and 3 sets of brakes, and one battery. Car has been dependable and trouble free since new. I just solved one of my biggest complaints 'gas milage'.
Through performance tweaking I have increased my overall mpg from 19.2 to 21.27. Prior to modifications best highway mpg was 22.3. I recently completed a 2600 mile trip and top mpg was 25.5 and overall average for the trip was 24.31. The side benefit of the modifications has been more responsive acceleration.

Performance and handling. It's just a fun car to drive. I still look for excuses to take the car for a ride.

Most of the issues were resolved with the G37. I like the looks of the 04 better.

Very good cars! (but not quite perfect)
By aaron87

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own two G35s. A 2003 sedan and a 2004 coupe - both automatics. Review is for the coupe.

Overall great cars. I'm constantly finding excuses to drive it because it's so fun. I prefer the couple over the sedan - the sedan is more roomy and a bit more comfortable, but the coupe is more sexy, sporty, and youthful looking.

Styling wise, it's hard for the average person to tell it's 7-8 years old. Looks modern and sporty.

Biggest difference performance-wise between the two models is the coupe is lower to the ground, and there seems to be less body roll when turning aggressively. When you sit in the couple it feels more like a race car. Not any faster than the sedan, though.

Powerful engine, responsive handling, awesome looking, reliable engine/tranny, exhaust tone in the couple is incredible, fun to drive! The coupe seems to require a bit more driver input than the sedan (steering is purposely a bit stiffer). I chose the G35 over a similar year BMW. Beats the 325/330 BMW in a couple nice ways (more power, and in my opinion, the comparable BMW's were starting to look more outdated than the G). Plus, everyone and their mother owns a BMW. The BMW's, however, feel a bit more solid, tied down, quieter, and have somewhat better build quality. Both are nice cars and perform similarly.

Infinity is still learning how to build a LUXURY car during this generation. Aside from a few annoying problems, it's great. My couple has 70K miles, and the chassis already rattles over bumpy road (same with my sedan). Squeaks in the cabin in both cars. Lots of wind noise in the coupe. Bad door seals? Some interior materials are sub-par for a car of this price (cheap painted plastics that scratch easily) The passenger seat in the couple is uncomfortable and lacks the same adjustments of the divers seat. Drivers seat isn't great, either. Read end of the car could have been designed to look a bit better (it's ass is too big). Not a big deal. Looks awesome overall. Love this car, though