2004 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews

2004 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:
2004 - 9 years later (2013)
By ay9i on 09/11/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

4 vehicles in the household, BMW, Infiniti QX4, and 2 G35's - an '03 and '04. Have had many other brands. We have kept our G35's all these years as they are a wonderful blend of performance, appearance, and luxury appointments supported by an outstandingly reliable and safe, fun to drive sporty car with usable back seat and cargo/trunk. The only problems - ever - are minor electrical over 9 and 10 years. Door lock actuators on both cars failed ($150 ea) and radio/climate control head repair ($400) on the '04. Both vehicles have about 70k miles garaged but driven year round including rough Canadian winters. Simply unbeatable combination of value, quality, reliability, luxury and fun.

poor gas milage
By pisciotta on 11/07/12 07:20 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

car is great in every way, just really really bad on gas

Pleasure To Drive, Nightmare to Maintain
By theyog on 10/23/12 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my very first car, and after about half a year of research I bought one used in October of 2010. From everything I read, this car seemed to have the best balance of performance, practicality, reliability, and style. Although this car has many irritating problems such as poor build quality and horrific gas milage (around 15), I still love it and take care of it like a baby.

Definitely a Love/Hate Relationship!
By princ3ss on 11/08/11 08:48 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 AWD 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my a 2004 G35 back in 2008 from Carmax with 39K Miles on it. Because it was a "luxury" car I decided to put the warranty on it and thank GOD I did. The car had to go in the shop every three months for something and no matter what I took it to the shop for, Infiniti charged $500 to get it back. The brakes are a nightmare, along with the rotors and pistons! I really loved this car but the maintenance was just too much, I feel like the car was in the shop more than I was able to actually drive it, though when it wasn't in the shop and running smoothly, it was quite a sweet ride.

G35 purchased new. 75K mile evaluation.
By socialist_saul on 09/06/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car even though it's expensive to keep on the road. This model eats tires and brakes. I've been through 5 sets of tires and 3 sets of brakes, and one battery. Car has been dependable and trouble free since new. I just solved one of my biggest complaints 'gas milage'. Through performance tweaking I have increased my overall mpg from 19.2 to 21.27. Prior to modifications best highway mpg was 22.3. I recently completed a 2600 mile trip and top mpg was 25.5 and overall average for the trip was 24.31. The side benefit of the modifications has been more responsive acceleration.

Very good cars! (but not quite perfect)
By aaron87 on 07/25/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own two G35s. A 2003 sedan and a 2004 coupe - both automatics. Review is for the coupe. Overall great cars. I'm constantly finding excuses to drive it because it's so fun. I prefer the couple over the sedan - the sedan is more roomy and a bit more comfortable, but the coupe is more sexy, sporty, and youthful looking. Styling wise, it's hard for the average person to tell it's 7-8 years old. Looks modern and sporty. Biggest difference performance-wise between the two models is the coupe is lower to the ground, and there seems to be less body roll when turning aggressively. When you sit in the couple it feels more like a race car. Not any faster than the sedan, though.

G35 Coupe - In a class by itself!
By bossfan7 on 07/14/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic car! Impeccable style, power, performance and value. These cars hold their own mixing with the exotics prowling South Florida. At $10-$12K current prices its a steal to get so much car for the money!

Engine longevity in question
By donmagargal on 04/16/11 11:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 AWD 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my infinity in 2007 with 35,000 miles on odometer. I purchased it because it was rated top in all catagories to include engine performance and low incidence of repair. Recently, I have had a severve problem with engine consuming oil (2 qts. per month). I contacted infinity dealer and they told me to replace both valve covers at $250 per cover. It was a 50\50 chance that it would cure the oil copnsumption problem. After $800 in parts and labor, my infinitety continues to cunsume oil. It appears that the only fix for this problem is the purchase of a new engine. The car is now out of warranty to include oringinal warranty and a 3 year extended warranty purchased in 2007. Trapped!

Beautiful car, but too many problems.
By prty_prncsb on 03/23/11 09:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used. Upon review of the Infiniti Vehicle Service I found so many problems already corrected from replacing the stereo/radio, seat heater switches, seat track, rotors brakes, tire pressure sensors, and more. Once I completed the required recall I've had an airbag light issue now. My car is about 5,000 miles over warranty and Infiniti has refused to do anything to help. The first problem they told me the passenger side airbag and module needed replacing. So I paid the $785 to fix. Not a week after getting the car back, it comes on again. Now they've told me they need to replace the driver's side airbag at another $785. Then they can't even guarantee this will fix it.

160,000 miles and still going strong
By californiapete on 12/17/10 08:52 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My two cents worth since I drive 100 miles a day. Gas mileage around 22-23 mph. Easily rides well at 80 mph. My wife got ticket cause she didn't realize she was going 90 mph while listening to AC-DC on excellent sound system. Fun sports car overall. I plan to drive it another 100,000 miles, which I believe is possible. Brakes have given me most problems, requiring more replacement then other vehicles. Passenger window doesn't roll down, which is aggravating. I'll get it fixed one of these days (cost about $400).