Used 2004 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews - 653 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Infiniti G35

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

My G 35
By A. Mishtawy

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car was built at a higher standards than the newer Infiniti cars. Yes it may lack the advanced technology of today, but it makes it up with reliability, power, handling, and performance. Take care of your regularly scheduled maintenance, and you will not be disappointed.
PS. I do own newer Infinities.

Rides like new after 158k miles!
By Mary Johnson

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like to run cars until they die before I purchase a new car. But this car won't die! And when I do get a new car, I will miss the smooth steering, tight turn radius and responsive acceleration.

The negatives: 1) the tape deck never worked, and now the entire sound system sometimes goes off and the controls become unresponsive. 2) I used to go through the brakes like butter, and replacement was an expensive proposition, with new pads and rotors every ~15k miles even with a lot of highway driving. Infiniti finally addressed this problem and brakes last much longer - and still stop the car. 3) Replacement parts are expensive, maybe because infiniti cars share parts in order to reduce manufacturing costs. This results in incredibly expensive repairs - for instance, my elevated, central brake light just went out, and the cost of replacement was $500! For a brake light! It turns out that the part itself costs about $250.

The positives, which outweigh the negatives by a lot: 1) the car rides and handles as if it were new. People are surprised that the car is over 11 years old. I'M surprised that the car is over 11 years old. 2) Infiniti replacement parts are well-made. I only had to replace the muffler assemblies once. 3) The car is very reliable. It has never been out of service for any length of time for mechanical reasons. 4) Great acceleration - terrific for merging!

Even at 6' 2"
By Austin Guerin

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for over a year out. My G35 coupe has an intake system, exhaust, and racing chip and it roars. The acceleration is absolutely phenomenal. It takes curbs decently well but people look at it all the time, back in its day it was in a show. The performance is just outstanding and the noise is perfectly divided between the engine and exhaust. I am also 6' 2" and my seat is always all the way back but I am always very comfortable. The bucket seats snug you in nicely and the steering wheel has all the right padding you need.

Now to the bad. The brakes are a joke, you have to get aftermarket brakes with this, unless you have the brembos. The stock brakes are an absolute shame for such a vehicle, they are not that great. They are too weak. Thank the lord I have a good mechanic because I would be a lot more broke if not due to the mechanical issues. Probably because its getting old but its getting expensive. The transmission bumps a lot when its cold out before it warms up and there is a click when I shift between park reverse ect. That is concerning.

Overall I would definitely buy this car again!

Side note: I bought this car 11/28/2014 with 80,000 miles on it

Drives as well as a BMW 3-series but more reliable
By Ed Victor

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Sports Car
By Bob

2004 Infiniti G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoyed this car for many years. It has great handling, acceleration & braking. I have really only one complaint with the design, the doors have a tendency to not stay open when getting in or out and. Fuel economy is fine for what it is. Little repair work or maintenance required over the 10 years I have owned it.