Nice looking car that can be found at a bargain price
By 2003g35az on
2003 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased the car with 82K miles and have owned it for a month. I was looking for a reasonably priced car that was sporty and still had a lot of luxury features. My list included the Acura TL, Lexus IS and BMW 3 series. I chose the Infinity mostly based on price. It does have great looks and your not likely to have to pay blue book for one. However, there is a reason for this. These cars feel really cheap. My wife has a 2004 Lexus RX 330 thats one year newer and about 8K less miles. These cars were close to the same price, but the quality is like night and day. The bose stereo system does sound very good and it is fun to drive. I get 14MPG in town driving.
Favorite Features
The car exhaust sounds really nice. Has a great rumble to it. The stereo sounds very nice as well. They make a blue tooth and mp3 input that wires right into the stereo so that is the next step. The car looks great. Mine came without the rear spoiler, but I will add it. I do like the extra features like the homelink, power leather seats with heaters, sunroof an climate control. The pass through the trunk is also useful.
Suggested Improvements
This is just not a very well made car. You get the usual Nissan issues like window and door locks going out. However, you also get a lot of very cheap plastic on the interior that surprised me. I am covering mine with a carbon fiber dash kit so its not a big deal. The fuel mileage is terrible. I have a Toyota Tundra with 381 HP and it gets better fuel mileage. Even the leather seats feel cheap and you can tell the leather has shrunk because of where the lines that are normally at the edge fall. The material above the armrest in the back started to shrink and peel back too.