Used 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Nice looking, that's about it.
By Yemi

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I like the way the car looks, but that's about it though. In the first year I have owned this vehicle, I had the driver window repaired, the heated seat go out, the $300 third brake light go out, the clear coat on the wing peel, the rear leather in the rear panel fall off, the $400 front brakes replaced and I average about 20 mpg on the highway and I don't have a lead foot. The gas mileage is about the same as a full-size pickup. We own two other Infinitis and no problems like this one. Good thing the car has a good resale value. I am buying a truck. The gas mileage is about the same and doesn't require premium fuel.

Favorite Features

The way the car looks and the resale value.

Suggested Improvements

The parts are ridiculously expensive and I hate the $800 tires. Infiniti needs more fuel efficient vehicles. There are powerful sports cars such as the BMW Z4 that are just as powerful and average 29 mpg on the highway.

2003 Infiniti G35
By kneeltome

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm new to the G35 family and I've got to say that I'm very impressed with the car, it handles really nice and I like the feel of the car. I love just sitting there and looking at it! I do have to say that I spend more time washing the car then I ever did with any other car I've owned since mine's black.

Favorite Features

I think the sound of the exhaust is my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

I know they've got it on newer models but I wish my 03 had seat memory.

4+ yrs of ownership
By Nate

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my G35 new on May 15th 2003 and love it! The acceleration and suspension are unmatched for any car in its class and even above its class. My brother has a Mercedes, but loves to drive my G35. I have triptronic, but rarely need to use it since it has so much power available. The car looks and drives as well as the day I bought it 4 years ago. The only maintenance performed has been the replacement of brakes, tires and oil. A very reliable and fun to look at and drive vehicle. I have nothing but great things to say about my vehicle after 4+ yrs of ownership.

Favorite Features

Power, suspension and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Very minor interior changes that have been made to the newer models.

Dream Car
By Bill Medley

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after reading all the hype from the magazines. It has lived up to all they said. A dream to drive, little or no maintenance problems, a real pleasure to look at and decent milage (21-23 mpg highway when driving constant speed limit) for the power it has. It has been one of the best high performance cars I have ever owned, and I have had a few. I believe this car will be a classic.

Favorite Features

Everything has been a real pleasure - love the Bose audio system, the stabilizing system has saved my bacon a few times.

Suggested Improvements

The original tires only lasted 15,000 miles under normal driving conditions.

I love my G35
By Great Car!!

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I own an 03 G35 since Nov. 06. No problems here! I really enjoying driving it, so much power! Lightening fast. Fuel is not that bad. 15 gal. tank though. Gas is $3 now so I just paid $45 to fill it up. It lasts me about 1 1/2 weeks to drive to and from work. It's my daily car. I've put about 6000 miles since I owned it with no problems. I just replaced the tires for $600 Dunlops Direzza, not bad considering more expensive ones that came on it. My only complaint is the seatbelt. It's a minor problem but it's very hard to reach when you get in. Stereo sounds great! I no longer have to put in a subwoofer cause of the Bose system. I wished it had MP3 option.

Favorite Features

Speed, power, eye catching looks even though it has been out for 4 years now, I see get looks and people LOVE my car! Sound system is ok. I would like to put my own deck but it looks like to much trouble and expensive! Handles like a dream! I love going around corners, it sticks like glue!

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelt, it's very hard to reach but not impossible. I wished it had seat coolers for the summer months. Its freaking hot in Texas in the summer.