Used 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

03 and 04 G35 Coupes - Still have both in 2013
By ay9i

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

4 vehicles in the household, BMW, Infiniti QX4, and 2 G35's - an '03 and '04. Have had many other brands. We have kept our G35's all these years as they are a wonderful blend of performance, appearance, and luxury appointments supported by an outstandingly reliable and safe, fun to drive sporty car with usable back seat and cargo/trunk. The only problems - ever - are minor electrical over 9 and 10 years. Door lock actuators on both cars failed ($150 ea) and radio/climate control head repair ($400) on the '04. Both vehicles have about 70k miles garaged but driven year round including rough Canadian winters. Simply unbeatable combination of value, quality, reliability, luxury and fun.

Favorite Features

Performance, looks, reliability, and just a very personal sporty, and awesome automobile which still allows for 4 adults, although ingress and egress not like a sedan. I am 6'1" and can just manage the back seat, whereas it would be impossible in most similar coupes. It is not really comfortable, but it is do-able, which means it is better than most. Decent cargo capacity due to fold down rear seat thru to trunk. So this a very fun car that offers some degree of utility. Ultimately the styling, sound, performance and reliability give these G35's and 37's an immense edge.

Suggested Improvements

If Infiniti would keep an eye on the door and lock actuators, these small things keep this car from being perfect in terms of long-term reliability and service.

coming up on 9 years and counting
By clay2000nc

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Back in July 2003 when I purchased the Red G35 Coupe MT6 my wife told me it was my 10 year car based on the price. Well here we are at 110,000 miles and it still looks and performs like the day we picked it up. Yes, having a car like this comes with a cost. Tires are certainly one of them along with the periodic window motor/regulator. But getting 23 mpg average and getting 27 mpg on the highway is not bad at all. This is the longest I ever owned a car and to date I can not see another car I'd even want to buy.

Favorite Features

The looks after almost 9 years still turns heads and many still ask questions about the car. Maintenance has been minimal (standard maintenance) while the performance remains strong. One set of brakes and still running on the original set of spark plugs. Love the heated seats, Bose system and the feeling of being in a rocket when the pedal meets the metal.

Still love my 2003 G35 Coupe
By ivorycoupe03

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Back in 2002, I was in the market for a new car and had read about the Infiniti G35 sedan. Test drove the sedan and loved it, then saw the photos of the upcoming coupe. I am so glad I waited for the coupe. I purchased mine in October 2002, so it was one of the first G35 coupes sold in my state. It was amazing to drive such a head turner back then, and I love it still. Every time I see it, I recognize again how beautiful it is. I do take care where I park, etc., so it is pristine. Yes, I've had some electrical issues (A/C - stereo control, windows), but for a 9 year old car with 86K miles, it's been a good value. Love my 2003 G35 coupe!

Favorite Features

Beautiful styling, fun and fast to drive, sexy lines. Great maneuverability; I like knowing I can get out of the way or around someone. Friends still comment on how gorgeous this car is. Whenever I think of buying something new, I can't find anything I like better. That's how I came to this site -- researching whether it was time for a new ride. Nope, I'm not seeing anything that turns my head more than what's already in my garage. Heated seats are just enough to keep us warm in Phoenix winters :)

Suggested Improvements

I bought the first model year of the G35 coupe. I knew I was a guinea pig, and I was willing to take that risk for the joy of owning it. I have no regrets. I love my 2003 G35 Coupe.

Nice looking car that can be found at a bargain price
By 2003g35az

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 82K miles and have owned it for a month. I was looking for a reasonably priced car that was sporty and still had a lot of luxury features. My list included the Acura TL, Lexus IS and BMW 3 series. I chose the Infinity mostly based on price. It does have great looks and your not likely to have to pay blue book for one. However, there is a reason for this. These cars feel really cheap. My wife has a 2004 Lexus RX 330 thats one year newer and about 8K less miles. These cars were close to the same price, but the quality is like night and day. The bose stereo system does sound very good and it is fun to drive. I get 14MPG in town driving.

Favorite Features

The car exhaust sounds really nice. Has a great rumble to it. The stereo sounds very nice as well. They make a blue tooth and mp3 input that wires right into the stereo so that is the next step. The car looks great. Mine came without the rear spoiler, but I will add it. I do like the extra features like the homelink, power leather seats with heaters, sunroof an climate control. The pass through the trunk is also useful.

Suggested Improvements

This is just not a very well made car. You get the usual Nissan issues like window and door locks going out. However, you also get a lot of very cheap plastic on the interior that surprised me. I am covering mine with a carbon fiber dash kit so its not a big deal. The fuel mileage is terrible. I have a Toyota Tundra with 381 HP and it gets better fuel mileage. Even the leather seats feel cheap and you can tell the leather has shrunk because of where the lines that are normally at the edge fall. The material above the armrest in the back started to shrink and peel back too.

great reliability and a lot of fun
By itomatik

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

bought it with 54k miles. had for 7 months and no mechanical issues except of window motor and power locks, which I figured is a frequent problem. other than standard maintenance have had no problem. rear tires live shorter than usual sedan, but it's a performance car, so this is what you have to pay for driving in style :) interior is very comfortable even though it's a 2003 car. a lot of people who don't know infinities asked whether my car was new :) loved it! rear seats can't really fit tall ppl, but perfect for kids or shorter person. the ride is quiet. sport suspension really lets you feel the road, so you can have better handling.

Favorite Features

powerful engine, moon roof, xenons, handling, streering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

small trunk space