Used 2003 Infiniti G35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Good engine - but issues are usually expensive
By mclovin7980

2003 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

11 yrs and 135,000 kms basic city use. Durable, however these are the issues that are costly. 1. Brakes - they wear out quicker than most cars and are expensive. 2. Radio/AC malfunction in most models is a costly dealer repair. 3. Some oil leak issues are common 4. Self repairs are not easy for this model, replacing the battery and headlights etc. Otherwise this model is satisfactory for a durable engine and I would rate it a 7/10 for satisfaction.

Brakes should never wear out in 1/2yrs with average use.

03 and 04 G35 Coupes - Still have both in 2013
By ay9i

2003 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

4 vehicles in the household, BMW, Infiniti QX4, and 2 G35's - an '03 and '04. Have had many other brands. We have kept our G35's all these years as they are a wonderful blend of performance, appearance, and luxury appointments supported by an outstandingly reliable and safe, fun to drive sporty car with usable back seat and cargo/trunk. The only problems - ever - are minor electrical over 9 and 10 years. Door lock actuators on both cars failed ($150 ea) and radio/climate control head repair ($400) on the '04. Both vehicles have about 70k miles garaged but driven year round including rough Canadian winters. Simply unbeatable combination of value, quality, reliability, luxury and fun.

Performance, looks, reliability, and just a very personal sporty, and awesome automobile which still allows for 4 adults, although ingress and egress not like a sedan. I am 6'1" and can just manage the back seat, whereas it would be impossible in most similar coupes. It is not really comfortable, but it is do-able, which means it is better than most. Decent cargo capacity due to fold down rear seat thru to trunk. So this a very fun car that offers some degree of utility. Ultimately the styling, sound, performance and reliability give these G35's and 37's an immense edge.

If Infiniti would keep an eye on the door and lock actuators, these small things keep this car from being perfect in terms of long-term reliability and service.

Best dollar for dollar vehicle on the market
By mbohn2

2003 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There are known flaws with any vehicle on the market. The 1st gen G35 is known for the AC/Radio control going out, which is not all that big of a deal to have to fix if you know what your doing. With that being said, I bought my 2003 G35 sedan in mid 2012 with 154,000 miles on it. Very high milage for a used car, so I expected to have some problems. The first thing I did was change every drop of fluid in the car, spark plugs, brake pads, wiper blades, ect. to ensure everything would be in good working order, and the car hasnt let me down yet. A respectable 260 HP gets you up and moving to your cruising speed. It has an extremely comfortable cabin with plenty of room for all.

Comfortable cabin. Easy to read gauge cluster. Large center console area with easy to use shifter (none of that zig zag patterns like Toyota and Mazda use). Hidden features most people dont realize they have (you can roll down the windows by clicking and holding unlock twice on the key FOB). Plenty of trunk cargo room. Reclining rear seats; great for getting comfy on long trips. RWD puts power to the ground immediately. Smooth transmission shifts. True 4300K HID headlights.

I wish Infiniti would have put true lower bumper fog lights on the G35 sedan. The 1st Gen. sedans have fog lights that are built into the main head lamps, which just dont give me the look that I want. Also, I wish the lower front and rear bumpers, as well as the side skirts, would have been painted to mach the car. Which they did change on the 2004 models. The double din headunit with the JDM AC control adapter was a nice way to add a touch screen monitor cleanly to the dash. Plenty of performance mods, styling, and other options are out there for those that are interested.

Very fun to drive!
By drunkenironox

2003 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Plenty of power and handles very nice. No problems merging on the freeway. What I find interesting or funny is when I accelerate to get up to the speed limit. When I'm at a red light that turns green; cars behind me are always 2-4 car lengths away when I look in the rear view mirror. This is only with my foot very lightly stepping on the gas pedal too. lol I just bought mine used at 101k miles. I have the Emerald Mist Green/Teal color. Very beautiful and custom looking color. It's been getting a lot of attention from people where ever I go. I have people sticking their heads out their window just to see what kind of car it is. I'm glad I found this one. Not bad for a 9 year old car.

Dual climate control, heated seats, home link, auto dimming rear view mirror, reclining rear seats, and hids.

Move the side mirror adjustment knob near the power window buttons instead of behind the steering wheel.

coming up on 9 years and counting
By clay2000nc

2003 Infiniti G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Back in July 2003 when I purchased the Red G35 Coupe MT6 my wife told me it was my 10 year car based on the price. Well here we are at 110,000 miles and it still looks and performs like the day we picked it up. Yes, having a car like this comes with a cost. Tires are certainly one of them along with the periodic window motor/regulator. But getting 23 mpg average and getting 27 mpg on the highway is not bad at all. This is the longest I ever owned a car and to date I can not see another car I'd even want to buy.

The looks after almost 9 years still turns heads and many still ask questions about the car. Maintenance has been minimal (standard maintenance) while the performance remains strong. One set of brakes and still running on the original set of spark plugs. Love the heated seats, Bose system and the feeling of being in a rocket when the pedal meets the metal.