2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
dependable car
By angelperez3 on 06/16/14 09:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about seven months ago with 120,000 miles. I had to replace some parts but the car is a good car for the price.

trash car
By angelperez3 on 05/28/14 05:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car seven months ago with 103k miles. In seven months I have spent about $3,00 in this car. I had to replace tie rods, drive belts, automatic transmission, engine mounts, rotors,leaks, muffler, resonator, etc. This car is a piece of trash.

Transmission went at 30,000
By Phil on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Despite being well taken care of, the transmission failed at 30,000 miles in 2008. Cost me $4 grand. Dealer said it wasn't covered. Couldn't fight them as I was going through a health crisis. Mechanics and transmission dealer said they never saw anything like it. Still pretty upset about losing that much money on such a low mileage car.

Amazing value
By G on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just hit the 60k mark and loving it. I bought the car 6 months ago with 52k. As this is my first car, I didn't think I would be able to afford this nice of a car. The only problems I have had with the car are: the power antenna, and the stock rims being bent. 2 months after the purchase of the car, I blew a tire on the highway because of the rims. Replaced the rims and tires with more sporty ones and everything was good. About a week ago, my ABS light came on and my rear breaks locked up. I took it to the mechanic and had to replace the calipers, and break pads. The exhaust needs to be replaced, but I am holding off until after winter. The only thing the car needs is a bracket for the muffler

Love to Drive
By Kcherice on 03/12/10 09:06 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with my G before I even bought it. Just after seeing it in 2001, I drove it right off the showroom floor and it hasn't disappointed me yet! This car is classy yet sporty and a great performer for the 4-cyl class. Solid engineering and esthetically pleasing. Still looks great today even among newer vehicles. Cons? Cup holders are inefficient. Passenger seat adjustment in the sport edition isn't automatic. My son grew up in this car and will inherit it in 2 yrs; it makes me nervous that he won't love it as much as I do.

Gem of a Car!
By taenean on 07/13/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Why get a Civic, Lancer, or Corolla when you can get a G20? With the G20, you get much more for your dollar - power windows, power mirrors, leather interior, moonroof, etc. People will argue that the G20 has a low resale value compared to the other models. Who cares? If you want to get an affordable used car that you intend to use for many years to come, resale value does not matter. All you should care about is reliability and in that area, the G20 is a real keeper. I'm not being biased, but I read so many great things about the G20's SR20DE engine. I dare say that the SR20DE is tougher than the competitors' engines. And since the G20 is built in Japan, no need to worry about quality.

Great Value for Sport Compact
By Dave C on 10/16/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For almost 1 year I have been driving my G20 and I love this car. It's the perfect blend of sportiness, luxury, safety, and performance. I was looking for a 4 cyl sedan with curb appeal and safety in mind, and it came down to either the Accord or the G20. I'm very happy with my choice. 4 airbags, great looks, giant trunk - who could go wrong. I do hear a few squeaks and rattles now and then, and it would be nice if there was more sound dampening inside (you can hear outside road noise fairly well at high speeds). Cupholder is a change tray only. Check engine light came on at 74K miles, was rear O2 sensor. Overall this is an excellent car.

Awesome Value
By John C on 06/18/08 23:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found a 2002 with 35000 miles on the clock, and have added 7000 miles before writing this review. For the small price I paid, I love this car. I get great mileage and comfort without the high cost of buying a stripped down toyota or honda on the used market. This is an awesome vehicle for the high gas prices this year, I have averaged 32-33 mpg highway. It is an ultimate executive beater!

2002 Infiniti Still Running Well
By Kathy on 04/20/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just passed the 50000 mile mark recently and have enjoyed driving for the last six years. Mostly local or city driving, but handles well on the highway as well. At time of purchase, I considered the Maxima and also the Jetta - this was a better deal and I liked the appearance better.

Beyond Reliable Machine
By moparmaniac101 on 11/29/07 20:33 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over 75k miles and not a single repair or service procedure except for routine oil and air filter changes and one transmission fluid flush. Reliability is flawless. SR20DE engine has only a meager 145-hp on tap unlike its gutsy G35 offspring, but returns exceptional fuel mileage. At $3.19 a gallon, it takes only $40 to fill up. Acceleration is adequate, 0 to 60 mph around 9.5 seconds. While it won't win you any pink slips against a Mustang GT, it effortlessly revs to its redline for stomp-on-it launches and is eager to play when you want to.