Used 2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

dependable car
By angelperez3

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about seven months ago with 120,000 miles. I had to replace some parts but the car is a good car for the price.

Favorite Features

fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Leather quality.

trash car
By angelperez3

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car seven months ago with 103k miles. In seven months I have spent about $3,00 in this car. I had to replace tie rods, drive belts, automatic transmission, engine mounts, rotors,leaks, muffler, resonator, etc. This car is a piece of trash.

Favorite Features

gas saver

Suggested Improvements

everything, is underpowered.

Transmission went at 30,000
By Phil

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Despite being well taken care of, the transmission failed at 30,000 miles in 2008. Cost me $4 grand. Dealer said it wasn't covered. Couldn't fight them as I was going through a health crisis. Mechanics and transmission dealer said they never saw anything like it. Still pretty upset about losing that much money on such a low mileage car.

Favorite Features

Steering

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission.

Amazing value
By G

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just hit the 60k mark and loving it. I bought the car 6 months ago with 52k. As this is my first car, I didn't think I would be able to afford this nice of a car. The only problems I have had with the car are: the power antenna, and the stock rims being bent. 2 months after the purchase of the car, I blew a tire on the highway because of the rims. Replaced the rims and tires with more sporty ones and everything was good. About a week ago, my ABS light came on and my rear breaks locked up. I took it to the mechanic and had to replace the calipers, and break pads. The exhaust needs to be replaced, but I am holding off until after winter. The only thing the car needs is a bracket for the muffler

Favorite Features

Bose Sound system Heated Leather Seats Gas Mileage Sunroof The car warms up really quick The price of the car. (Honestly, I could find nothing even close to this for 5k) The car isn't slow either and looks and runs better than my friends new Cobalt.

Suggested Improvements

Durability of the leather seats When the air conditioning is on, the car runs kind of rough. Other than that love my first car

Love to Drive
By Kcherice

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with my G before I even bought it. Just after seeing it in 2001, I drove it right off the showroom floor and it hasn't disappointed me yet! This car is classy yet sporty and a great performer for the 4-cyl class. Solid engineering and esthetically pleasing. Still looks great today even among newer vehicles. Cons? Cup holders are inefficient. Passenger seat adjustment in the sport edition isn't automatic. My son grew up in this car and will inherit it in 2 yrs; it makes me nervous that he won't love it as much as I do.

Favorite Features

16" wheels, 6-disc cd changer.