Used 2002 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Great little car
By RickG

2002 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been in the family for 3+ years and been a great car for us. Good gas mileage. extremely reliable. Dependable! Dependable! Dependable!
This G20 had one prior owner that had all work done at the dealer ( w/ paperwork to support her claim) . My mechanic checked it out before we purchased it. After examining the vehicle thoroughly, he simply said " if you don't buy it, I will'.
Vehicle has over 165,000 miles and in the past 3 years we've only needed to put minimal money into it.
Positives: Dependable - great gas mileage -
Negatives: Turning radius takes some getting used to ( very wide ) ; Cup holders - poorly designed/ placed

dependable car
By angelperez3

2002 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about seven months ago with 120,000 miles. I had to replace some parts but the car is a good car for the price.

fun to drive.

Leather quality.

trash car
By angelperez3

2002 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car seven months ago with 103k miles. In seven months I have spent about $3,00 in this car. I had to replace tie rods, drive belts, automatic transmission, engine mounts, rotors,leaks, muffler, resonator, etc. This car is a piece of trash.

gas saver

everything, is underpowered.

Transmission went at 30,000
By Phil

2002 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Despite being well taken care of, the transmission failed at 30,000 miles in 2008. Cost me $4 grand. Dealer said it wasn't covered. Couldn't fight them as I was going through a health crisis. Mechanics and transmission dealer said they never saw anything like it. Still pretty upset about losing that much money on such a low mileage car.

Steering

Better transmission.

Amazing value
By G

2002 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just hit the 60k mark and loving it. I bought the car 6 months ago with 52k. As this is my first car, I didn't think I would be able to afford this nice of a car. The only problems I have had with the car are: the power antenna, and the stock rims being bent. 2 months after the purchase of the car, I blew a tire on the highway because of the rims. Replaced the rims and tires with more sporty ones and everything was good. About a week ago, my ABS light came on and my rear breaks locked up. I took it to the mechanic and had to replace the calipers, and break pads. The exhaust needs to be replaced, but I am holding off until after winter. The only thing the car needs is a bracket for the muffler

Bose Sound system Heated Leather Seats Gas Mileage Sunroof The car warms up really quick The price of the car. (Honestly, I could find nothing even close to this for 5k) The car isn't slow either and looks and runs better than my friends new Cobalt.

Durability of the leather seats When the air conditioning is on, the car runs kind of rough. Other than that love my first car