2001 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
G20 Forever
By Filzy on 07/24/08 23:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2001 as for its style, comfort, economy and reliability. It's now seven years and 160ks later and it still feels and drives like a new car! I'm astounded at how tight and rattle-free the driving experience still is. We have repaired O2 sensors and wiper arms under warranty, changed tires and brake pads, replaced the power antenna, and changed a couple of light bulbs. That is all and the car drives like new, I am not kidding!! The original re92 bridgestone tires were awful in snow and ice but lasted 90k until they were taken off and thrown as far away as possible! This car should never have come with those tires as standard equipment!

Great Little Car!
By Paul on 05/07/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used five years ago, and I plan to drive it another five. Reliability has been wonderful, very few minor problems, struts and brakes. Love the handing, ride, and seats. I can drive this car for 11 hours straight and not feel fatigued. I'll recommend this car to anybody as a great used car to purchase.

Still going
By Daniel on 10/19/07 09:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am reaching 175,000 miles and still running pretty well. I did have to put in a rebuilt transmission but considering that I have not kept up with manufacturers maintenance it still ran well. It was well worth the cost.

You should know what your are getting
By ursogrande on 12/24/04 14:00 PM (PST)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think the driver's seat is one of the most comfortable I have sat in. Infiniti paid a lot of attention to details despite it not being a luxury car. Look, it is a 4-cylinder, so you aren't going to get the V-6 effort, but you do get good gas mileage, and the engine isn't that bad. What you are getting is a practical car that has some very nice features that practical cars don't always pay attention to. It is only 150 lbs lighter than my 1999 Camry and it is a smaller vehicle...I like the extra "weight" feeling. Love the car, and hope it works for several more years. I really like the side and behind profile, but the front seems rather ordinary.

Great Car
By dsm51182 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really great car at a very reasonable price. It has great quality lacks acceleration however the drive on the highway is very nice.

G20t
By Jett456 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my car. It is leased so I will have to give it back, but I might buy it. I don't like the cup holders. I will test drive the G35 first but only if they offer a manual transmission.

Bang for the buck!
By Digim on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of bang for the buck! They should have kept this model and given it some extra horsepower. Great handling and very little roll in the turns. Get the stick shift for extra fun a little more zip.

Infiniti G20T
By Love My Infinity on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car handles great and is fun to drive. Also the four engine is economical on fuel and quick in traffic.

So far so good
By MannyB on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my G20T for a about a year now and overall it's been quite reliable. I did however have the blower/heater fan replaced under warranty due to a high pitch whine. At the time of the purchase I was also looking at the Volvo S40 and the Saab 9- 3, but the reliability of Infiniti swayed me.

Two time owner of the G-20t
By BMW H8TR on 02/28/02 12:06 PM (PST)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Infiniti G-20. I've had my 2001 G-20t for 13 months now, and have experienced the same driving pleasure as with my 1994 that I put 160K miles on. A 5 spd manual is a must due to the 150HP 4 cylinder engine. Pick-up from a dead stop isn't fantastic to due the 150HP 4 cyl, but the G-20 loves to be pushed (particularly around the 3500-6000RPM range), and is very fun for the aggressive driver. I average 34/30mpg.